Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Notices

Old October 14th, 2009, 12:47 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Your REPUTATION and You (Pt.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
That's not a clique unless the admins start to perceive the rep as being given for something other than apprecaition of specific individual posts.
That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks for the clarification, Aldin.
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I agree. That was a very helpful and informative post, Aldin, thanks.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 14th, 2009, 01:12 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Finally I can hide those annoying little green boxes. If for no other reason than that, the system is now much better. Thanks, LordRaidor.
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
The rules against reciprocation and cliques will be interpreted by the admins observing the infractions. There are going to be judgment calls.
Aldin, I'm a bit confused. If we still have the 15 person limit, how can we even give the rep that would then be subject to interpretation by the admins for cliques-ishness? I frequently find myself unable to give rep to a great community-building post in the Marvel section, simply because I haven't repped 15 other people since that person's last, great, community-building post. That's because reading mainly the Marvel customs section, there are rarely 15 active people I come across to give rep to. I feel that some of those people deserve more rep....if only I could give it to them!
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Aww, and just after I hit the maximum number of bars, too. Now my excuse to avoid being a productive member of society is gone...
Old October 14th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyOwl View Post
Quote:
The rules against reciprocation and cliques will be interpreted by the admins observing the infractions. There are going to be judgment calls.
Aldin, I'm a bit confused. If we still have the 15 person limit, how can we even give the rep that would then be subject to interpretation by the admins for cliques-ishness?
Depends on how big your clique is I guess

Imagine that the OVAH group (of which I am a member and whom I do not mean to denigrate here - this is just an example) wanted to juice its members and started a sixteen member rep circle, cycling through members on a weekly basis. That would be interpreted to be a clique and action would be taken. Just because we may think of such a clique as unlikely does not mean we don't want measures in place should one arise.

~Aldin, covering the bases

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 14th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmmm, my random pile of bars has shrunk. No matter, they will return* eventually. Just not at as rapid a rate as before.

Even so, pretty good upgrade. Although I have to wonder, do the 15 rep bars stretch the user part on the left side of the page (anyone confused, I use the wide layout)? It seems like they might be stretching it by a couple of pixels.

Anyways, the new "order marker" bars are pretty cool and the thresholds for gaining a new one I think are better now.

We'll see what happens.

Last edited by Warlord Alpha; October 14th, 2009 at 03:53 PM. Reason: *just realised I am very close to the next bar </random>
Old October 14th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Chilly Fangirl

ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla ABOMINATION is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Rep for everyone you just played a forum game with would be bad, rep given to specific game posts that you really appreciated would be good.
Question for CoNs: what if I really enjoyed a member's posting, but didn't want to go through the trouble of finding said post. For myself, I usually wait until the end of the game to rep, so as I don't double rep someone, but I usually just go through the posts and rep the person I like on the first post of his that I come across. Soooo.....is that illegal, or since I'm planning on repping the person anyway, is it ok?

Oh, and I like the new system, except I don't sound as respectable with awesome ripped pants as I did when I was a beloved pillar.

Still, they look pretty nice!

Anyway, thanks to the admins for going through all of this trouble!
Old October 14th, 2009, 04:16 PM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

I laughed pretty hard when I saw the change; it was a combination of finding that 's says "is a wielder of the ban hammer" and finding this post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob
Quote:
I JUST REVIVE-KILLED THIS THREAD. Lolz.
And I'm comin after you with the ban hammer too "lolz".... Nitwit.

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 14th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Rep for everyone you just played a forum game with would be bad, rep given to specific game posts that you really appreciated would be good.
Question for CoNs: what if I really enjoyed a member's posting, but didn't want to go through the trouble of finding said post...
The CoNs have been on my watch list for a while now - especially the horrific "if there's anyone I didn't get PM me so I can be sure to rep you" posts. If there is a post worth repping, rep it. Remember - rep for posts, not players.

~Aldin, opposing apathetic rep

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 14th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Looks good. I'm almost rolling all skulls now.

I also noticed that the qualifications for rep power have changed (posts and rep needed have doubled), so altogether this system should slow down the mass of full-barred people.
Old October 14th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABOMINATION View Post
Quote:
Question for CoNs: what if I really enjoyed a member's posting, but didn't want to go through the trouble of finding said post...
The CoNs have been on my watch list for a while now - especially the horrific "if there's anyone I didn't get PM me so I can be sure to rep you" posts. If there is a post worth repping, rep it. Remember - rep for posts, not players.

~Aldin, opposing apathetic rep
And, in that vein, I think it would be prefereable to 'double rep' someone in a game for 2 good posts than to rep everyone in the game for simply playing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online