Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old July 7th, 2011, 10:45 AM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Thundercats! HOOOO!

Just saw this and wanted to share.

Thundercats Trailer

This is one of the cartoons I loved most from my childhood. Although I really liked the original artwork, the update the Thundercats got is not bad. Actually, Lion-O got the biggest change...

One thing I noticed was Panthro was not in the trailer, or at least he wasn't headlined. I didn't notice him in any of the scenes either though.

I'm sure I'll wait til this on BluRay and just watch it then, but I can't wait.

This is exciting!

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Q9...

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old July 7th, 2011, 11:48 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Thundercats! HOOOO!

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

I was watching cartoon network or boomerang or something and saw an advertisement that the Tundercats were coming to TV again. The artwork looked updated but not too different so I know it was a new show and not just reruns of the old. While I loved the old show, it is hard to get too excited about a new one. The new GI Joe and Transformers cartoons I have seen are terrible in comparison to the originals. I think it is all the PC laws concerning violence in kids shows that has ruined the format.
Old July 7th, 2011, 12:02 PM

winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness winonavampire wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post

I was watching cartoon network or boomerang or something and saw an advertisement that the Tundercats were coming to TV again. The artwork looked updated but not too different so I know it was a new show and not just reruns of the old. While I loved the old show, it is hard to get too excited about a new one. The new GI Joe and Transformers cartoons I have seen are terrible in comparison to the originals. I think it is all the PC laws concerning violence in kids shows that has ruined the format.

Sad! May I ask where you are? I didn't realize youtube pulled stunts like that.

I did find this picture to give an idea of the updated artwork (and it seems there is a Panthro).

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:06 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'm right next door to you in Wisconsin, that is why it is so odd. In fact Winona is about an hour drive for me. We should try to organize a tourney/game day event in Lacrosse some time.
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:12 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I'm going to check it out but I'm not sure it's going to draw me in. I'm going to be expecting something out of the 80s and judging from the somewhat updated art, I'm not going to get it.

nyys, too nostalgically

-insert signature here-
Old July 7th, 2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
I'm right next door to you in Wisconsin, that is why it is so odd. In fact Winona is about an hour drive for me. We should try to organize a tourney/game day event in Lacrosse some time.
Man, I would so be there. LaCrosse has a good gaming store (Rivercity Hobbies or something like that).

And wtf about youtube?? try searching for Thundercats 2011 on youtube and see if you can get it that way.

I don't remember, but do you also play Magic?

Check out my
customs, maps and mods!

Trades Here.
Old July 7th, 2011, 02:34 PM
C3G Landlord

I own a bunch of magic cards and played some several years ago (5+ at this point) but do not play currently. Never got hard core into it, just casual games with a couple of friends and my daughter & nephew when they were younger.
Old July 7th, 2011, 02:48 PM

delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby! delphic rolls all skulls baby!

Snarf Snarf. Lion-o how come you can't kill a decrepit dried up corpse like Mum-Ra? Snarf Snarf.

I wish I had a sword that got bigger every time I said "Thunder".

Neg Rep of the Year :

"Desre for good grammar makes one looking to destroy fun??"

I love it when the overly critical can't meet their own expectations.
Old July 7th, 2011, 05:38 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by winonavampire View Post
Quote:

Sad! May I ask where you are? I didn't realize youtube pulled stunts like that.

I did find this picture to give an idea of the updated artwork (and it seems there is a Panthro).

Interesting...I wonder if Kit and Kat are in this? I saw a preview when my wife and I were at her parents house. Yes, I too am looking forward to seeing this updated, but like NYYS I do worry I will get bored quickly. I've watched ever TC episode recently, so I wonder if they will do a remake of the original story or do their own?

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old July 7th, 2011, 06:23 PM

Onichi is surprisingly tart

Oh how this makes me yearn for the days when I used to sit in front of the TV on Saturday mornings eating brightly colored, overly sweetened cereals...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Interesting...I wonder if Kit and Kat are in this? I saw a preview when my wife and I were at her parents house. Yes, I too am looking forward to seeing this updated, but like NYYS I do worry I will get bored quickly. I've watched ever TC episode recently, so I wonder if they will do a remake of the original story or do their own?
You can catch a glimpse of them in the trailer...

Good trades: the incredible mate, UtahScott, Vivaldi

"Everybody's Scapegoat" is part of my job description.
Old July 7th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Shelved CGI movie trailer.
http://screenrant.com/thundercats-cg...e-benk-101385/
Here is another link to the cartoon trailer.
http://screenrant.com/thundercats-tr...-mcrid-109243/
It appears that there was a 8-9 minute clip leaked but Warner Brothers has squashed it. It may be out there if you dig around.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Last edited by Tornado; July 8th, 2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old July 7th, 2011, 10:34 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
Interesting...I wonder if Kit and Kat are in this?
I wish they left out Snarf; what an annoying character!

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV