Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old January 12th, 2009, 07:42 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
I think I'll go nut's if the Steelers and the Eagles play in the Super Bowl, living in PA if that happens will be unbearable, especially after the Phillies won the world series.
I completely missed the Philly/Pitt possibility... that would be sick.

-insert signature here-
Old January 12th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm signing up for the Cardinals band wagon. What the heck. Why not?

~Aldin, horrified by the Titans choke job

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old January 12th, 2009, 10:17 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Quote:
I think I'll go nut's if the Steelers and the Eagles play in the Super Bowl, living in PA if that happens will be unbearable, especially after the Phillies won the world series.
I would rather PA won everything that freaking NYC or Boston. Maybe it's finally the time for the Midwest?

NFL - possibly Philly or Pitt
MLB - Philly
NBA - Cavs are looking pretty darn good
NHL - Penguins??

Maybe OH and PA can run the table! Although, the Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins all look really good this year, and if Brady doesn't get hurt, I think the Pats would still be alive.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old January 12th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

While I kind of like the underdog story of the Cardinals, I would really rather see McNabb win a Superbowl and then say "see ya" to Philly.

I like the Harbaugh and Flacco story for this year, but I really don't like the Ravens. So I would rather see the Steelers in the Superbowl, but lose to Philly 23-20

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old January 12th, 2009, 09:03 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I would rather PA won everything that freaking NYC or Boston. Maybe it's finally the time for the Midwest?

MLB - Philly
NHL - Penguins??

Maybe OH and PA can run the table! Although, the Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins all look really good this year, and if Brady doesn't get hurt, I think the Pats would still be alive.
While I agree that the recent success in Boston hoops is just piling on, the Baseball and Football fans were long overdue for a run like this after the decades of futility and heartache (especially baseball).

Nobody likes anyone to have too much success though, so I can see being sick of us at this point.

-insert signature here-
Old January 12th, 2009, 09:18 PM

fil knows what's in an order marker fil knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

MLB - Philly
NHL - Penguins??

While I agree that the recent success in Boston hoops is just piling on, the Baseball and Football fans were long overdue for a run like this after the decades of futility and heartache (especially baseball).

Nobody likes anyone to have too much success though, so I can see being sick of us at this point.
Not to be greedy, but it's now the B's time.

Obviously, I was elated with the Sox recent success (I think Fall '04 was one of the happiest times of my life!), and very happy with the Pat's run, and impressed with the Celts, but for the love, for me and the other Boston hockey diehards, Savard, Krejci, Wheeler—they gotta get it done!

I mean, I have an Adam Oates jersey. That's how bad it is.

Returns for more.

Old January 13th, 2009, 10:43 AM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I stand by what I said going in to the playoffs, Ravens all the way baby! Of course I'm bias. As for the NFC side, I'm all for the Cards.

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.
Old January 13th, 2009, 12:56 PM
...Huzzah!

EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I just heard that the Eagles are already a favorite on the road against Arizona. It looks like the Cardinals will be able to play the disrespect card all the way through the playoffs.

I know what you mean. I grew up in the Reading-Lebanon area and that seems to be the dividing line for the Steelers and Eagles. Civil War may break out in PA if both the Steelers and Eagles win.
I'm a huge Eagles fan and I'm pretty sure that the Eagles will find another way to choke... at least I have to keep thinking that way. It's the only way to think when your team has not won a Championship (NFL Championships + Super Bowls) since the early 60's. I'm still rooting for my Birds (Eagles) and will be going nuts this Sunday.

Go Luck Cardinals and Cardinals Fans! This is going to be an exciting and crazy good game!

And we Eagles Fans know EXACTLY what Chargers fans feel like right now, to get so close year after year and just crumble. Think 4 straight NFC Championship games, losing the first 3, finally winning one and watching the T.blOw-it show in the Super Bowl.

E-A-G-L-E-S! EAGLES!!!!

EagleOne is Syvarris...
in the WYNN KEEP...
Old January 13th, 2009, 03:05 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
And we Eagles Fans know EXACTLY what Chargers fans feel like right now, to get so close year after year and just crumble. Think 4 straight NFC Championship games, losing the first 3, finally winning one and watching the T.blOw-it show in the Super Bowl.
Hey, T.O. actually played great in that game.

Okay, I've been TERRIBLE with my picks, so I'm just going opposite of who I think will win and that should work.

Ravens over Steelers

Eagles over Cardinals

There, that should do it!
Old January 13th, 2009, 03:09 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Screw the Steelers - they're the luckiest team in professional sports. First, Indy somehow loses to SD. Then, they get a batted ball interception after a 70 yard kick return. Then, as if that wasn't enough, a punt lands on an SD players head.

Man, I hate being a Browns Fan.
Well, think of it this way: What's the LAST team Pittsburgh wanted to run into in the postseason?
Old January 13th, 2009, 03:32 PM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Quote:
Screw the Steelers - they're the luckiest team in professional sports. First, Indy somehow loses to SD. Then, they get a batted ball interception after a 70 yard kick return. Then, as if that wasn't enough, a punt lands on an SD players head.

Well, think of it this way: What's the LAST team Pittsburgh wanted to run into in the postseason?
I'm going to guess Eagles, Giants, Colts or Titans since those are the teams they lost to in the regular season. If the Cardinals beat the Eagles, killercactus will really think the fates are aligning for Pittsburgh.

/disclaimer - just live in phoenix, not really a cardinals fan, enjoying the bandwagon this sunday though

Huge thank you to these sponsors of the 2008 Arizona National Heroscape Day
Cavalier Games - House Mouse Games - War Gamers Headquarters - Vixen Tor Games - Wizards of the Coast
Old January 13th, 2009, 04:51 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Shackle View Post
Quote:

I guarantee the last team they wanted to run into was Indianapolis. I knew Baltimore would pound Miami, so I hoped Indy would beat Pittsburgh in the 2nd round.

And yes - I wouldn't be at all surprised if Arizona upset Philly. The way things are going for the Steelers, McNabb and Westbrook will be together on a plane that had to make an emergency landing on a different continent, and Andy Reid will oversleep his alarm because he got too drunk the night before.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV