Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old February 5th, 2012, 09:57 PM

Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby! Fedex worker rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Sports: NFL

Giants!!!
Old February 5th, 2012, 10:06 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

:'(

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old February 5th, 2012, 10:20 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Happyface.
Old February 5th, 2012, 10:41 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
In 2008, the Giants beat the Pats because the front 4 put pressure on Brady the entire game. Earlier in the year, the Giants did the same thing and the Pats lost again to the New York Blue and then they had a healthy Gronk to protect Brady...and still the front 4 harassed the QB.

Are you seeing a pattern yet? Giants win a close one, Gronk can't help Brady this time on a bad wheel on JPP sacks Brady three times.
I was close, but called JPP when I should have said Tuck. Either way Giants win.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old February 5th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That was a scary, scary game. But hey, can't complain about that outcome!

Old February 6th, 2012, 06:32 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Ugghh... Another superbowl the Pats will want back. They had plenty of opportunities to take control of that game but let them slip away. 2 Giants fumbles that bounce right back to them and Welkers drop at the 23 yard line that would have assured at least a field goal and 2 more minutes off of the clock were the big killers.

When the Pats went up 17-9 I really thought that they were about to roll. They had scored two td's pretty easily and seemed to be moving the ball. But credit to the Giants they figured it out and shut them down the rest of the game.

Anyway, the Giants deserved the win... Once again they were the better team. They seem to be the Pats cryptonite.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old February 6th, 2012, 08:03 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I suppose it was fitting that if they were going to win, it was going to take the sieve defense to make a stop. The problem was that they couldn't use the 'bend don't break' mantra since a field goal would have done them in as well.

I figured out last night why I wanted this one so much, it was right after the Hail Mary that wasn't and the last tick went off the clock. I looked over at my 9yr old son and the tears that were running down his cheeks broke my heart. He's been around for just about all the Boston success over that last several years, but this would have been the first one he would have appreciated, that he was invested in... tough to watch that.

-insert signature here-
Old February 6th, 2012, 08:37 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Ugghh... Another superbowl the Pats will want back. They had plenty of opportunities to take control of that game but let them slip away. 2 Giants fumbles that bounce right back to them and Welkers drop at the 23 yard line that would have assured at least a field goal and 2 more minutes off of the clock were the big killers.
I keep hearing people talk about that play as "Welker's drop" when it looked more like "Brady's terrible pass". Welker was WIDE open and Brady threw it high and over his back shoulder. Welker had to reverse his momentum, spin around, and jump to try and reel that ball in. True, he's a great receiver and makes that catch all the time, but Brady should have put that one on the mark. Even if Welker pulled that down, he couldn't run after the catch. 15 quarterbacks in this league would have put that ball in Welker's hands in stride.

Anyway, if I can't enjoy a Dallas or Chicago victory, a New England defeat is still pretty satisfying.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old February 6th, 2012, 08:46 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I think that may be a bit more "I want Brady to fail" than is warranted Dignan. Not saying the pass was perfect, but it wasn't a bad one IMO. Welker, as the announcer said right after, makes that carch 100 times out of 100, no excuse.

-insert signature here-
Old February 6th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Except when I need the move boost

I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker I Hate Atlaga knows what's in an order marker

Well, good for Welker that he's practiced enough to be able to make that catch all the time. I was hoping for Dallas or Tebow, but I'd rather the Giants than the Pats, simply because I like Manning more than Brady.
Also, was that Hail Mary tense or what?
Old February 6th, 2012, 10:43 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I think that may be a bit more "I want Brady to fail" than is warranted Dignan. Not saying the pass was perfect, but it wasn't a bad one IMO. Welker, as the announcer said right after, makes that carch 100 times out of 100, no excuse.
It just seemed odd to me that the announcers didn't make more of the fact that Welker was wide open and Brady missed him. There is no reason why you can't hit a wide open receiver in stride. 50% of quarterbacks out there would have put it right on his hands. Whether Welker should still be able to pull it in isn't the issue, Brady has no excuse for not throwing a much better ball.

There just seems to be an awful lot of Brady apologists out there. When he threw that pick, he escaped blame again. If Romo just heaves a ball down the middle of the field, he's "being reckless and putting the ball up for grabs", but when Brady chucks it down the field to a hobbled TE he's "taking a chance you'll take everytime". That play seemed a bit too reckless and impatient at the time as well, but Brady got almost no blame.

Overall, Brady had a pretty good game but made a few big errors (the safety was inexcusable and really got his team off to a bad start). The media is very quick to make apologies for him that they'd skewer other quarterbacks for. If Romo switched places with Brady made the exact same plays, all you'd see on ESPN would be replays of those few mistakes and shots of Romo with his head down.

It's just something that annoys me about the biased approach most sports media takes out there.

Also, while I think Brady is an all time great quarterback, he's also a total doucher and I love to see him fail.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old February 6th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Brady's an all time great, but his failures in this game will prevent him from being seen as the all time great. You just can't lose the Superbowl twice if you want to take GOAT status.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV