Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 1st, 2015, 06:36 AM
Online HS Seasons 3 and 7 Champion

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Price?

Hi guys I want to know what the lowest price I can hope in order to get this game?

EDIT: I found it about 30$, way too expensive in my opninion. I'll wait for a bargain.

Old August 1st, 2015, 10:52 AM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post
Hi guys I want to know what the lowest price I can hope in order to get this game?

EDIT: I found it about 30$, way too expensive in my opninion. I'll wait for a bargain.
I wish you luck in your quest for a cheap copy. Retailers get it for between $22-$24 per copy depending on volume.

About the only way you'll see it going cheaper than that is through firesales and perhaps used copies. Many retailers, in an attempt to actually make it worth their time to stock it, mark it up 40%. I feel bad for the LGS's trying to compete with Big Box shops in this regard.

Considering how well this is selling out, you'll be waiting a while for those sales.
Old August 1st, 2015, 11:22 AM

Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Foudzing is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thank you for your answer Colorcrayons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foudzing View Post

I wish you luck in your quest for a cheap copy. Retailers get it for between $22-$24 per copy depending on volume.
What. Indeed there's few chance I'll ever buy this game. x)

Old August 1st, 2015, 12:28 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Foundzing, may I ask what you believe would be a reasonable price, and why?

There is a lot that goes into pricing that the average gamer-on-the-street is unaware.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 1st, 2015, 04:05 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For me, getting five painted and 30 unpainted minis for $30 is more than reasonable even before I address the game system, map, terrain, dice, cards and bits. I paid $40 for early access from Hastings and was happy to do it.

~Aldin, still pleased with that decision

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 1st, 2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Foundzing, may I ask what you believe would be a reasonable price, and why?
Short answer: Well I would buy this only for the 5 painted minis and the 6 poor hexes, so that's why I don't buy it. I think for 20$, from an used copy for example, I'd give it a go

But I still feel like the supply is not high-quality (except the 5 painted figures) and most of it is re-using stuff (I didn't touch the game tho I am not sure, but it's what I feel when I look at the picture). I am not an expert at all but I don't think manufacturing this kind of stuff is really expensive, but as you say I might be unaware of some expensive steps I dunno.

Usually for games the expensive price is more due to the design step than the manufacturing step (compared to other products) but here as 95% of the mechanics of the game were already existing I don't know where the cost really comes from.

It's not as much of a money hole as for example Magic Cards but I still think it's too expensive for what it offers.

Keep in mind that I'm not into board games at all (I think the last one I bought was something like 5 or 6 years ago), and the fact that they're incredibly expensive is a big reason for that.

I'm just a really hard person to please, like Aldin say, most boardgames fans will be happy with this price I think.

Old August 9th, 2015, 09:31 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If you only want the 5 painted figs then $30 is steep. But there seems to be a pretty good game inside the box that seems to be reasonably priced.

I know nothing about the MtG universe, but from what I've read so far the little tweaks that have been introduced to Heroscape seem interesting.

I honestly find the cardboard maps a plus in terms of set up and storage. I actually wish WotC had gone in this direction with DnD scape. For $30 I may have to give this a try.
Old August 11th, 2015, 12:14 PM

Tiepilot1138 is surprisingly tart

The FLGS price to them is almost $29 (according to two staff friends I have at different stores). They will not be able to compete with the Targets/Hastings of the world selling at $30. I grabbed mine at Target and there was one left. They had sold at least 3 since the time I saw it a couple days prior, and not all at the same time (I hate to admit that I'm in Target way too much!).

I don't know how that is going to impact FLGS sales and stocking. I got into HS very late in the game. Was it stocked at the FLGS, or just the big box stores?
Old August 11th, 2015, 01:47 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We aren't even attempting to sell it because it will be a money loser for us, sadly. I wanted to have a few in stock, but ultimately decided to tell people to pick it up at Walmart.

I can't stand the cardboard maps, btw. Went straight to playing on Heroscape terrain after the first game.
Old August 11th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiepilot1138 View Post
The FLGS price to them is almost $29 (according to two staff friends I have at different stores). They will not be able to compete with the Targets/Hastings of the world selling at $30. I grabbed mine at Target and there was one left. They had sold at least 3 since the time I saw it a couple days prior, and not all at the same time (I hate to admit that I'm in Target way too much!).

I don't know how that is going to impact FLGS sales and stocking. I got into HS very late in the game. Was it stocked at the FLGS, or just the big box stores?
Some FLGS's stocked limited amounts, but it the distribution model was definitely geared toward the Box Stores. A fact that has often been posited as one of the factors in the demise of the game, i.e. not marketed to the hobby industry, but rather to the general public.
Old August 11th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiepilot1138 View Post

Some FLGS's stocked limited amounts, but it the distribution model was definitely geared toward the Box Stores. A fact that has often been posited as one of the factors in the demise of the game, i.e. not marketed to the hobby industry, but rather to the general public.
My wife worked/co-owned a small comic shop that also sold games back in the early days of Scape. She looked into getting it, but to get it they would have had to open an account with Hasbro, and the minimum order was $5,000.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old August 11th, 2015, 06:08 PM

DarthJak is surprisingly tart

I think it's worth every one of those 30 dollars(and I'm very frugal with games)
Re:big box vs. LFGS.
in the beginning, when it was pure Hasbro, it was in big box(I bought the 1st set at
Toys be us, and boosters at Target)
after WotC got involved, it was in MFLGS.
Wizards said, no... market it like this.
so Hasbro agreed.......and then Wizards killed it,along with my beloved Star Wars Minis
so remember kids.....Wizards...were good games go to die.....

The Sith eye Valhalla with envy

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion