Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old May 24th, 2006, 12:22 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thanks, HEH! Does the Shadow Form ability make sense? I tried to word it using standard terminology (Terrain, obstacles, etc.) Basically, any type of terrain that is higher than or equal to the base ('lower than' was used to limit the wording and it means the same thing) of an adjacent SH will give them protection. The problem with wording any ability is that the designer understands what it's supposed to do but it should be written succinctly and clearly enough to make sure anyone else using the unit can understand it too.

Newb.
Old May 24th, 2006, 01:23 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
WOW!
After reading Shadow Form a few times, I got it, and more importantly - can totally see how these guys could creep along a battlefield, finding the nooks and crannies of shade and then pop out and bum-rush an opponent!
Fantastic visual (well, in my mind, at least)

These guys seem very close-to-official units, the way they fill a niche and just do their thing.

Couple nits - it needs space between the 1st and 2nd abilities - too scrunched.

Should the Special Attack be emphasized, or formatted differently? For some reason it seems weird like that (and I usually don;t like the words "Special Attack" all bold and up in the ability title-line, either....)

I think I understand why you chose to go with the Sorcery set Blood Demons, but isn;t there another MK set that has Blood Demons?
If so, the variation of color would probably help the viusual presentation of the units - go with the Sorcery grey one, then the
(scratch that)
Looks like Sorcery has all the Blood Demons - I'd use all 3 figs, since they each have such a cool look, and that way each of the 3 squad members looks unique (which is the HS standard).

and
Old May 24th, 2006, 01:38 PM

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thanks for the comments, Reaper. The figures I choose have a semi-transparent look which doesn't show up very well with the pictures from the WizKids site. You can somewhat see their transparency with the photograph of the Romans and the SHs together. They just look like they would be in shadows. Besides in camouflage colors, dark gray works better in shadows than complete black in most situations.

I can fix the card tonight about the formatting. To fix the Special Attack line, I will just bring the next line up and make it part of the paragraph. I just wanted the ability to be clarified as a special attack to keep from having to specify that it replaces their normal attacks, etc.

Newb.
Old May 24th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
WOW!
After reading Shadow Form a few times, I got it, and more importantly - can totally see how these guys could creep along a battlefield, finding the nooks and crannies of shade and then pop out and bum-rush an opponent!
Fantastic visual (well, in my mind, at least)

These guys seem very close-to-official units, the way they fill a niche and just do their thing.
Yeah! Newbie's been nailing the custom units lately! I'm enjoying a lot of his stuff (I smell thread of the week soon ). The Dopplegangers, That 2-squad Soulborg combo, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersaurus
Couple nits - it needs space between the 1st and 2nd abilities - too scrunched.

Should the Special Attack be emphasized, or formatted differently? For some reason it seems weird like that (and I usually don;t like the words "Special Attack" all bold and up in the ability title-line, either....)
Yeah there are some typos, but from Newbie's MO, he seems to put them up quick and revises later. I think the excitement to post a fantastic custom supercedes any other concerns - Post first, revise later!

Great stuff Newbie.

The wording on the Shadow Form is a bit clunky. I had to think about it for a few, but I do understand what you mean.
Old May 24th, 2006, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour

Yeah there are some typos, but from Newbie's MO, he seems to put them up quick and revises later. I think the excitement to post a fantastic custom supercedes any other concerns - Post first, revise later!

Great stuff Newbie.

The wording on the Shadow Form is a bit clunky. I had to think about it for a few, but I do understand what you mean.
LOL! I usually don't catch all the errors at first but will post and then go away for a few minutes and they become apparent when I return to the card and the excitement generated by seeing an idea come to life does factor into a lot of my posting habits.

Thanks.

Newb.
Old May 25th, 2006, 12:19 AM

Updated the Shadow Hunters card. Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Newb.
Old May 25th, 2006, 12:56 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilNewbie

LOL! I usually don't catch all the errors at first but will post and then go away for a few minutes and they become apparent when I return to the card and the excitement generated by seeing an idea come to life does factor into a lot of my posting habits.

Thanks.

Newb.
Well you're waaaay better at revising customs than I ever was. I think Karkadinn (Strossners at the time on HS.net) wanted to strangle me when he'd go to great lengths to make revision suggestions on my customs and the next day, I'd show up with like 3 or 4 new ones full of loopholes and mistakes.

New Shadow Hunters and wording are
Old May 26th, 2006, 05:49 PM

philowar is surprisingly tart
re: Kali figure

Great. Are you going to make a Jesus Christ one too?
Old May 26th, 2006, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philowar
re: Kali figure

Great. Are you going to make a Jesus Christ one too?
I don't remember seeing Jesus Christ in a Harryhausen film.

Newb.
Old June 7th, 2006, 01:50 AM

Updated the Shadow Hunters to reflect the addition of Nevryal the Hunt Master.

Nevryal (Figure-DC Heroclix Hypertime The Key # 125 )

Shadow Hunters (Figures-Mage Knight Sorcery Blood Demon # 9 (x3) )

Comments welcome.

NOTE: I'm planning to replace the picture of Nevryal on the card with a clearer picture. It was late and wanted to get the card up for comments.

Newb.
Old June 8th, 2006, 08:36 PM

Minerva can control Mass/Density of others and herself. The Kinetic Shield is a part of her power that can reduce either the incoming attacks movement energy or nearby attackers. She can also change her Density to protect herself from falls.

Comments Welcome.

Newb.
Old June 8th, 2006, 08:44 PM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
Cool Idea, but she seems a little costly for a 2A support character.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards