Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old July 6th, 2006, 02:21 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Nicely done, I also do not embed tiles in my rocks. I have thought about it but usually chicken out in the end
Old July 6th, 2006, 02:58 PM

jakethesnake has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrew

Probably getting ahead of you here, but have you had any luck 'embedding' hexes into the foam to make trails and the like? Cool looking terrain enhancements regardless! Having inaccessable obstacles (a la trees) is good for gameplay too, let alone the gorgeous aesthetics.
I havn't tried to embed the tiles in the foam yet. This is still all very new to me. I had a $10 coupon for Home Depot so I went there to buy a rolling storage cabinet for all my Heroscape stuff, I couldn't find anything I liked so I decided to buy the foam board and try my hand at some custom stuff. There are a lot of talented people on this forum and I would like to thank all those who share their work.

Here is a link that shows you a step by step process for making the foam rocks. http://www.hirstarts.com/tips9/tips9.html
Old July 7th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
When I first looked at it I was wondering if you were trying to create an effect like the rocks/mountains in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona, but then I read how you were trying to match the sides of the tiles. Either way, looks good, and it works. I also like the idea of having areas on top where figs can stand.

Maybe instead of embedding tiles, carve out the general outlines of hexes. Nothing real exact, but the general position of the hexes directly underneath. Either carve them out, or paint it on with a highlight, shadow, or contrasting color.
Old July 7th, 2006, 03:53 PM

Widigo has disabled reputation
Nice, I like the desert (spelling?) look

Sorry If I Spell like a Horgle, or Smell like one.
- Slimbo the Silly Shamin
Old July 11th, 2006, 10:34 AM

gorillanator has disabled reputation
Re: Custom Rock Formations

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake
This is my attempt at some custom Rock formations. My goal was to create some large areas that would block line of sight, were inaccessible to climb and were made to look like they fit in with the existing terrain. I bought a 4' x 8' sheet of insulation board from Home Depot ($25). I have enough foam to create the Rocky Mountains if I so choose. I also bought some craft paint, Nutmeg Brown, and Black. I wanted the rock color to match the profile of the land tiles so when you place the formations on top of the tiles it appears to be a continuation of the tile itself. I plan on making a number of these in various shapes and sizes so I can spread them out across a map or string them together to create a mountain range or canyon.

You should make a very large board out of all this rock material and follow up your topic with a large pic of it.

That would make my day because this stuff is amazing.

Violence is not the answer.

Make peace!
Old July 11th, 2006, 02:16 PM

jakethesnake has disabled reputation
Gorillinator, I'm working on some more stuff and I hope to put together a cool map with a variety of custom objects I've been working on. It may take a week or 2 before I'm ready though.
Old July 11th, 2006, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakethesnake
Gorillinator, I'm working on some more stuff and I hope to put together a cool map with a variety of custom objects I've been working on. It may take a week or 2 before I'm ready though.
Great I can't wait.

Make peace!
Old July 12th, 2006, 04:26 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Wow! These look great, jakethesnake! I reckon that I will be making mountain type things next. Reckon they would really add to a boards appearance.
Old July 12th, 2006, 05:02 PM

Playing on a Grand Canyon type board with these rock formations would be just amazing.

Make peace!
Old July 12th, 2006, 05:13 PM
52nd runner up - Miss UK Pageant

robaula has disabled reputation
Yeah... A rocky collection of labyrinthine passages... Would be amazing to see!
Old January 15th, 2007, 10:59 PM

Major_QJoel has disabled reputation
Holy Rocks Batman!
Old January 16th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_QJoel
Holy Rocks Batman!
You resurected a 7 month old thread just to add that inane comment??

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles