Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old March 25th, 2018, 10:53 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Sports: NCAA Basketball

If Villanova wins the tournament, vegie wins the bracket.
If Loyola-Chicago wins, Dysole wins.
If Kansas or Michigan wins, I win.

I kind of assumed I was out of the running when UVA lost...
Old April 2nd, 2018, 09:38 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Well it looks like I win if Villanova wins but I'm pulling for Michigan since the Big 10 hasn't won a title in a while. We will see if it can happen
Old February 20th, 2019, 12:25 PM

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

As last year's winner I would like to propose a new format. It's run at my university's Statistics department and I think gives a much more interesting prediction challenge than just filling out a bracket. I've changed the wording to make it more Heroscape player friendly but none of the "gameplay".

RULES:

Every player starts with 1000 points. Each team in the bracket is costed according to the following:

1 seeds = 250 points
2 seeds = 190 points
3 seeds = 130 points
4 seeds = 120 points
5 seeds = 110 points
6 seeds = 100 points
7 seeds = 80 points
8 seeds = 50 points
9 seeds = 50 points
10 seeds = 40 points
11 seeds = 40 points
12 seeds = 30 points
13 seeds = 20 points
14 seeds = 20 points
15 seeds = 10 points
16 seeds = 10 points

Your score is the total number of wins by all of the teams that you draft. Whichever player has the most wins across all the teams they draft at the end of the tournament is the winner. (If players are tied, whichever player has the team with 6 wins is the winner. If both or neither player has that team, whichever player has more 5 win teams wins. If tied again, whichever player has more 4 win teams wins and so on.)

You can spend your 1000 points any way you want to: you could draft all 4 1 seeds to get the teams that have the best chance of going far, or you could draft a ton of low seeds to give yourself tons of chances to rack up wins on the first weekend, or something in between.

For example, last year the team I drafted was:

Creighton [8] (50 points)
Tennessee [3] (130 points)
Texas [10] (40 points)
Florida State [9] (50 points)
Gonzaga [4] (120 points)
Houston [6] (100 points)
Virginia Tech [8] (50 points)
West Virginia [5] (110 points)
Florida [6] (100 points)
Butler [10] (40 points)
Seton Hall [8] (50 points)
New Mexico St [12] (30 points)
Michigan St [3] (130 points)
-----
1000 total points

and I scored 13 wins across all of the teams I drafted.

Let me know if you would be interested in playing in this format, I'd be happy to run it. Also would be happy to answer any questions if this is confusing.
Old February 20th, 2019, 12:27 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Sounds really cool, actually.

This wouldn't be drafting like in 'Scape or Fantasy Football where you take turns and can only pick from the remaining group, right? Everybody independently picks a list?
Old February 20th, 2019, 12:31 PM

Yes, everyone independently and secretly selects their entire draft
Old February 20th, 2019, 04:32 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I'd be willing to try it out. Sounds like it could be fun! I'll tell a buddy of mine who is a big college basketball fan, he might be interested in joining up too just to try something different for the tournament.
Old February 21st, 2019, 03:26 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

I think I'm interested too.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old February 21st, 2019, 05:36 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

That sounds more interesting than a bracket challenge.
Old February 21st, 2019, 08:17 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Random?

While I couldn't really do a random challenge with this one, I wouldn't really feel as much of a need to as I don't need to spend a lot of time figuring out 57,000 matchups. I just have to figure out values which is what I like about fantasy sports. I'm in.

~Dysole, who can build an actual spreadsheet for this
Old February 22nd, 2019, 12:56 PM

There's a lot of fun spreadsheet opportunities for this format. I had a calculator and paper out last year selecting my teams and trying to figure out how the format works. I won't spoil the fun of figuring out the best approaches (and also I don't think I'm that good at it so my advice is probably not worth that much).
Old February 25th, 2019, 01:57 PM

ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker ScapeRaider knows what's in an order marker

I'd be in for this for sure. Would it be in addition to, or instead of, the usual challenge?

ScapeRaider is currently the only Marro Warrior...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old March 3rd, 2019, 04:31 PM

Iron Clubber is surprisingly tart

Count me in, any excuse to be more invested in first round match ups.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV