Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old January 14th, 2019, 07:18 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth
Re: What's for dinner?

Great necro. I saw it earlier and read through a couple of old pages at random and enjoyed the nostalgia. It was also useful: there were some posts about how I have a garlic roaster but that I forget about how cool it is and go without using it for months at a time. Still true, so I got it out tonight and the mashed potato became mashed potato with a head of roasted garlic in it. Delicious. (Although it's probably a good thing that neither Mrs Ollie or I have plans to kiss anyone other than each other this evening.)

The full meal was salmon (cooked in the oven in a foil packet with ginger liqueur, soy sauce and sesame oil), the garlic mashed potato and green beans.

Other food news: after a long hiatus and a house move, we have chickens again. 12 bantams. They laid their first egg today, which is earlier than expected and so a very nice surprise. It's tiny (they start smaller anyway, and bantam ones never get very big). We haven't eaten it yet, but once there's another couple we might have a tiny poached egg each for breakfast.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about what everyone else had, or is having. I really enjoy this thread when it's active. Whose brilliant idea was it to get it started??
Old January 14th, 2019, 11:40 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I've taken to making homemade croutons over the past few months.

Okay, only half homemade: I usually use a french baguette from the grocery store as a starting point.

After that, it's just a matter of frying your bread in butter and garlic and whatever other seasonings are applicable (and a good amount of freshly ground sea salt)

Immensely superior to any other croutons. I especially like them in a simple pasta or a grilled chicken salad.
Old February 10th, 2019, 12:39 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Homemade pierogi(es) that my wife and I prepped yesterday and ate this evening.

A Polish classic, which I picked up a love for in Pittsburgh.

Good, simple food. Served with onions, sauerkraut, and kielbasa.
Old February 10th, 2019, 03:53 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I get Kielbasa with my quarterly order from Omaha Steaks, and eat it with eggs for breakfast. They don't just offer beef, but chicken, pork, and very good fish! It fills up my freezer in my NYC apartment!

The Polish Platter at Teresa's, the local restaurant offers peirorgi, stuffed cabbage, kielbasa, and sauerkraut.
Old February 10th, 2019, 12:56 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Pierogies are delicious! Even if they aren’t homeade. Nothing like potatos covered in dough.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old February 19th, 2019, 10:47 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Sushi! - smoked salmon, spicy tuna, avacado. Bul-Go-Gi! (Korean marinated steak) and Kimchi!

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old April 1st, 2020, 11:33 PM
This is merely a joke.

I personally had a nice quiche.
Old April 2nd, 2020, 12:25 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
Sushi! - smoked salmon, spicy tuna, avacado. Bul-Go-Gi! (Korean marinated steak) and Kimchi!
Wonder if you made all these bots think of budae jjigae? Cuz after your post there was a lot of spam for a bit, and that's pretty much the only good way to eat spam!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 2nd, 2020, 12:46 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Aww, this old thread? Seems like a great time to resurrect it, considering so many of us are staying home and cooking. I'll take it!

For the first time in many, many years I fried chicken tonight. Specifically, I made Nashville hot chicken, served (as it should be) with pickles. It was properly spicy, and my son & I were both very happy with it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 2nd, 2020, 04:49 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Ah, a little over a month ago, I tried to do veggie fried chicken for the first time - slices of a Quorn roast fried in a coating of flour, dried sage and garlic salt. This was covered in a crème fraîche sauce with mushrooms, onions, chopped cornichons, pepper, chilli flakes, garlic salt, fresh dill and fresh rosemary (at least I think that was all the ingredients...). It was then topped with fresh dill and cambozola and served with rustic bread. Turned out a treat.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 2nd, 2020, 08:38 AM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by outforblood View Post
Wonder if you made all these bots think of budae jjigae? Cuz after your post there was a lot of spam for a bit, and that's pretty much the only good way to eat spam!
Lmao! Good one.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old April 2nd, 2020, 09:09 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That sounds delicious LO, except what’s a Quorn?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General