Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old February 19th, 2019, 07:00 PM

Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Sir Dendrik is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Competitive Unit Congress

There's a typo in the compiled PDF of all accepted changes:

The Grok Riders' Mark of the Warlord says "adjacent" instead of "within 4 clear sight spaces".

Handle origin: I used to film comedy skits with my friends. I didn't want any cursing in them, so I made up new insults, like "dendrik". Then Sir Denrick came out, and the rest is history.
Old February 19th, 2019, 09:25 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

That’s my file with exports I made from MSE cards. I need to fix a lot actually. I want to say I will this Saturday but no guarantee. Eventually...

I also have other ideas for changes to my CUA cards (see signature). I just really with more tournaments allowed CUC cards.
Old February 19th, 2019, 09:35 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Come down to Dallas and I'm sure that you'll find a tournament that will.
Old October 25th, 2019, 02:32 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Well, we've been testing Acolarh again and don't think we are quite there. Even with the pending change that we have, it doesn't seem to be enough. We are going to try and give him a little more utility and bump his stats just a hair to keep him alive and possibly interesting.

Here is the revised proposal we are testing.

Unit: Acolarh
Proposal: Reduce points to 80. Change LEAF OF THE HOME TREE AURA as follows, "When any elf you control within 8 <omit> spaces of Acolarh receives enough wounds to be destroyed, you may roll 12 Ullar Valkyrie dice..."

Change Ullar's Amulet to affect all units who follow Ullar who are within 2 clear sight spaces.

Change Attack to 4 and Defense to 3.

This is more than we really like to change with the CUC, but we think that each of these is pretty much minor tweaks to the existing powers of the unit and shouldn't cause too much confusion.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old May 27th, 2020, 12:58 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Is this project still active? Just curious. Some of these changes really swing them to the "A" power range. I like it. Einar Imperium's time to shine for sure.
Old June 12th, 2020, 09:51 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
Is this project still active? Just curious. Some of these changes really swing them to the "A" power range. I like it. Einar Imperium's time to shine for sure.
We are still testing things here and there, but we aren't churning through the changes these days. It's slowed down.

I need to get back into the swing of things and get a few more of our tested figures posted here.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old June 14th, 2020, 12:24 AM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Glad this is not completely dead. Maybe we can get an Online event with both accepted and proposed CUC changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Well, we've been testing Acolarh again and don't think we are quite there. Even with the pending change that we have, it doesn't seem to be enough. We are going to try and give him a little more utility and bump his stats just a hair to keep him alive and possibly interesting.

Here is the revised proposal we are testing.

Unit: Acolarh
Proposal: Reduce points to 80. Change LEAF OF THE HOME TREE AURA as follows, "When any elf you control within 8 <omit> spaces of Acolarh receives enough wounds to be destroyed, you may roll 12 Ullar Valkyrie dice..."

Change Ullar's Amulet to affect all units who follow Ullar who are within 2 clear sight spaces.

Change Attack to 4 and Defense to 3.

This is more than we really like to change with the CUC, but we think that each of these is pretty much minor tweaks to the existing powers of the unit and shouldn't cause too much confusion.
5 different changes is way too many. Change LEAF OF THE HOME TREE and either points OR Defense - attack is OK to be low for a flagbearer, and the ULLAR's AMULET is not the best but OK if you do Elf Pod with Uglinesh, Haduc, et al.

Another idea is maybe add my Competitive Unit Alters idea of Evasive 1 as opposed to straight adding 1 to defense. Although I do like your Aura idea of removeing clear sight restriction in addition to more dice.
Old July 6th, 2020, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
5 different changes is way too many. Change LEAF OF THE HOME TREE and either points OR Defense - attack is OK to be low for a flagbearer, and the ULLAR's AMULET is not the best but OK if you do Elf Pod with Uglinesh, Haduc, et al.

Another idea is maybe add my Competitive Unit Alters idea of Evasive 1 as opposed to straight adding 1 to defense. Although I do like your Aura idea of removeing clear sight restriction in addition to more dice.
The 5 changes are on the high side (as I mentioned). The changes to the unit are all relatively minor tweaks and something we thought during our testing made the unit "more fun" to play.

Now granted, in an endeavor like this, we typically like to steer to the area of minor changes. Our initial idea was just to change the main aura. That helped significantly and was probably the main thing that needed to change. You could get away with just changing that and it would be an "ok to weak" unit, but not much fun. The other changes make the unit much more interesting. Adjusting the movement aura is really cool and adds a new layer to the unit. The change to attack isn't needed, but has a very minimal affect on the game. It doesn't really matter if you change it or not. The defense boost seems important to make him a little more viable.

All that said, these changes are easily compartmentalized. You can adopt one or two and not the rest. We might adopt all of them, but we haven't settle for certain.

We did finally just finish an adjustment from a long time ago and I'll be posting that card soon.

Old July 7th, 2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
The change to attack isn't needed, but has a very minimal affect on the game. It doesn't really matter if you change it or not.
I think this is the most important statement you are making on the ideology of what the Competitive Unit Congress is supposed to be about. If you want to make the changes for the little group that follows this project and will accept whatever, fine, but if you want any kind of wider adoption, I think this ideology is a stumbling block - most people will only accept minimal changes and will not like this group if you accept changes that "doesn't really matter if you change it or not". I get the idea of making units more fun an interesting, but to me that is more for customs creation, not for CUC or my CUA spin-off. Maybe it is just me but my only concern is making bad figures more playable by focusing on main issues and minimally fixing those issues. I agree that for Acolrh that he has more issues than other units but namely both the aura and his survivability and/or value per points. Although Ullar's Amulet and his Attack are less than ideal it is not the most important issues so because it "doesn't really matter if you change it or not" I would vie on the side of not changing it for the ideology of trying to get CUC to get wider acceptance by others.

That is just my opinion, and maybe I am hypocritical with some of my Competitive Unit Alter changes, but I have recently really want to revisit and "downgrade" some of my changes but have not done out of laziness.

Anyway I really hope this project can get more traction, as although I think C3V and various new tournament formats has helped a lot of the classic units get more use, I think this project is a better option for making some of the units playable versus building a specific C3V custom to or tournament format just to make one unit better.
Old February 3rd, 2021, 04:52 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
We did finally just finish an adjustment from a long time ago and I'll be posting that card soon.
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old November 13th, 2021, 05:40 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't like the idea of evasive 1 because a flag bearer is supposed to be standing there boldly in the middle of the army. It's not an "I'm running around and dodging" figure. Don't like changing the defense per se, but it's maybe the best option in this case
Old November 13th, 2021, 05:41 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Also, can I make a proposal for NotNW?

1. Change disappearing ninja to effect normal or special attacks; lower DC to 10, lower points to 90.

2. OR - change disappearing ninja to normal and special attacks, make common squad, change DC to 13.

Not a fan of Ninja bonding bc of how good it makes Isamu. Would much prefer to give Shiori or someone like that a bond with another Ninja hero

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions