Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Old February 14th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: Index of 3D Printed Stl Files

(moved to figure thread)

Last edited by White Knight; February 14th, 2019 at 09:04 PM.
Old February 14th, 2019, 10:22 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I can tell especially on the faces of the quasatch hunters how much nicer the models are. Those look awesome. I for sure want to try to print those. Ive always wanted to make additional models of the yeti figures and paint them up differently. Those are some of the best looking models yet. Im truly excited.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 14th, 2019, 12:17 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

What profile settings are you using WK?
Old February 14th, 2019, 01:43 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Not being able to print hollow or something close to hollow is one of the things that disappointed me about my little cheap printer that I never use.
Old February 14th, 2019, 04:51 PM

crxcowboy is surprisingly tart

Awesome! Do you have a lot of issues removing supports?
That's the one thing that I've had problems with printing figures.
Old February 14th, 2019, 08:32 PM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
What profile settings are you using WK?
I used the stock Ender 3 settings with a few small personal mods to help it stick better to the bed:

Quality
Layer Height .2mm
Initial Layer Height .3mm
Top/Bottom Line Width .6mm

Shell
Wall Thickness .8mm
Top/Bottom Thickness .6mm
Top Thickness .6mm
Bottom Thickness .6mm

Infill Density 100% on small figures, 35% on large and huge figures

Material (esun PLA+)
Printing Temperature 200C
Build Plate Temperature 60C
Diameter 1.75mm
Flow 100%
Enable Retraction (check)

Speed
Print Speed 60mm/s
Travel Speed 120 mm/s
Print Acceleration 500 mm/s2
Travel Acceleration 5000 mm/s2
Print Jerk 20 mm/s
Travel Jerk 30 mm/s

Cooling
Enable Print Cooling (check)

Support
Generate Support (I usually make my own supports, but I've checked this box on some figures like the Templar Calvary and it worked well)

Build Plate Adhesion
Type Skirt

I really like the esun PLA+ filament
Old February 14th, 2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxcowboy View Post
I've used the stock Ender 3 supports for larger figures and it's worked pretty well. But I wouldn't trust them on something as fragile as a Venoc Viper. Mostly I use Blender to add custom tree supports:

It takes a little trial and error (some failed prints) to get the supports right, but once they are dialed in it makes removing them pretty easy. First I cut (melt through) them with a hot tool. Then I remove the supports with dykes and then clean everything up with the hot tool.

(If I don't cut through with a hot tool first, the dykes will try to force the two halves of the supports apart as they cut which stressed the rest of the part and can break legs or other features.)
Old February 14th, 2019, 08:59 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Thanks WK. Where do you get your pla+?
Old February 14th, 2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Thanks WK. Where do you get your pla+?
Amazon
Old February 14th, 2019, 09:22 PM

Of course. Thanks.
Old February 14th, 2019, 09:55 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crxcowboy View Post
I've used the stock Ender 3 supports for larger figures and it's worked pretty well. But I wouldn't trust them on something as fragile as a Venoc Viper. Mostly I use Blender to add custom tree supports:

It takes a little trial and error (some failed prints) to get the supports right, but once they are dialed in it makes removing them pretty easy. First I cut (melt through) them with a hot tool. Then I remove the supports with dykes and then clean everything up with the hot tool.

(If I don't cut through with a hot tool first, the dykes will try to force the two halves of the supports apart as they cut which stressed the rest of the part and can break legs or other features.)
I need to try these. I especially have to try the hunters. I have an unhealthy love for anything yeti. I already have quite a few dzu te and quasatches but would love to print more. I love the built in supports on these WK. Anytime I print anuthing with huge wings the supports in my slicer are horrendous to remove leaving all kinds of ugly on the underside.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old March 3rd, 2019, 02:14 AM

These are my updated tree files:

DELETED (see Thingiverse)

Last edited by White Knight; October 27th, 2022 at 12:53 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing