Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old December 7th, 2018, 11:24 AM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: X Minus 2 Customs Card Printer

I'd just say go visit/browse the C3G section of this forum. X-2 is just the fantastic printing tool used for loading up and printing off 3 cards on one sheet of card stock. All the gritty details of how the cards came to be and work with others can be found in the C3G Library. So when you have questions about a card, you can look to see if it's already been answered. The synergy section of each book can be really helpful when army building too.
Old December 7th, 2018, 11:52 AM

vanilla is surprisingly tart

Thanks. You didn't used to go by YodaJunkie, by any chance, did you?
Old December 7th, 2018, 12:19 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

No that is someone else that use to sell bases for rebasing figures.
Old December 7th, 2018, 01:41 PM

That he did. In the pre Xminus 2 days, he also produced a lot of custom Marvel and DC figures, before he mysteriously vanished.
Old December 7th, 2018, 02:27 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla View Post
That he did. In the pre Xminus 2 days, he also produced a lot of custom Marvel and DC figures, before he mysteriously vanished.
Just to clarify a point Yodaking was making that I think may have been overlooked;

X Minus 2 is a great program that allows for efficient printing of the cards from the custom groups on this site. So if you want to balance the best bet is to stay within the confines of one group. In other words C3G cards may not always be balanced with all C3V cards but C3G cards will always be balanced among other C3G cards as well as the Hasbro Marvel set.

C3V and Sov cards are balanced together as they are essentially subsets of the same group if I recall and both of those are balanced with classic Heroscape.

There are other great creators on this site as well and I'm sure they are balanced among their groups but I can't vouch for their balance with other "sets". The ebay user may have a bunch of cards that are balanced but they'd be balanced around what his sets average would be which obviously isn't the same as what our average is. So mixing in that case would not work. Since his process is a closed box that we can't see we can't comment on his balance or system. We use an open forum that outlines our system and testing methods and you can even join up over there and see how testing works.

So summary: There are no X Minus 2 cards. There are C3G, C3V, SoV cards etc. that are linked into the X Minus 2 program for ease of printing.

If super heroes are you thing then by all means print off all you need from here and rest assured that if all your cards have the C3G logo on them from here they will work together.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 7th, 2018, 04:14 PM

Cool. Good to know. I'll be mindful of which sets I'm looking at in the future. Thank you guys again for your attention and help.
Old December 12th, 2018, 12:07 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Ahem...and HoSS cards.
Old December 12th, 2018, 03:29 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Ahem...and HoSS cards.
Are they not in here...huh, Never realized that.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 19th, 2018, 06:18 PM

Skyver knows what's in an order marker Skyver knows what's in an order marker

Hey everyone, I am having an issue with printing double sided using the method outlined by Xorlof (3 front, 3 back). The front 3 were the minis, with the 3 backs being the comic versions.

I don't have a capable printer at home, so I used X minus 2 to generate a PDF (Chrome) and ordered the cards to be printed at a local Office Max. The first time I got the prints, I realized everything was out of order. Practically all the cards had the wrong backs. so I asked them to print the file again... this time in order.

They then gave me the sheets with the cards printed in the correct order, and back and front were of the same card. However, I came home only to realize that the card fronts/back are misaligned by about 1/5 or 1/6 of an inch.

I now have 10 sheets (30 cards) that are misaligned. It's probably my fault that I didn't test print with fewer cards first, but I figured that since the program was taking care of the alignment I didn't have much to worry about.

Note that I specifically told the worker to NOT select "fit to page", but to print Actual Size. I also saved the PDF in Chrome using Default margins and 100% size. I forgot to disable Headers/Footers but I don't see why that would affect the alignment.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Should I take the prints back and request they do it again? All in all, the job cost me about $12 for 10 double-sided sheets. I'm thinking I might just try Self-Service next time or go to a local print shop. It just sucks that it didn't work when I had tried very carefully to follow all the steps.

On the bright side, the coverstock I used has a good thickness and a good amount of gloss on both sides. For now, I was thinking I'll just cut according to the mini side and leave the comic side misaligned until I can print better versions.

Any advice is appreciated!
Old December 20th, 2018, 09:29 AM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I don't think the double sided print option in X-2 is intended to perfectly align cards. I double side the HoSS cards because we have created card backs with a bleed area. In other words, the card back is bigger than the actual card so that when you cut the actual card on one side, any misalignment is covered by the larger bleed area.

Furthermore, perfect alignment would be very difficult to achieve because of the way X-2 works. The card creators create the image and drop it into a folder that is referenced by X-2. If the creator's image has a small border of empty or white along one edge and not the other, the X-2 printer doesn't know that. It simply sticks in the image that it receives. Again, this will make it very difficult to achieve perfect alignment.

I don't think you will have any luck with re-printing the cards. I suppose you could print single sided, then cut out cards and glue them together or put them in a CD sleeve together.

Anyway, welcome to Heroscapers @Skyver !
Old December 20th, 2018, 09:40 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

@Skyver - The issue may be with X-2 not being 100% accurate, but your bigger problem is going to Office Max to print - find a local independent print-shop (look at your physical copy of yellow pages under Printing or Google Maps search for Printshop) and they will be able to print double-sided a lot better, as many times the paper when flipped in starndard machines gets off-center. If you want a more accurate way to get double-sided cards 3/page (requires downloading all PDFs first) than X-2 use my GIMP Script-Fu to combine any 3 cards 3/page, but regardless if you use that script or X-2, see my printing tips on that thread (a lot of which you seemed to have already learned the hard way )
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Taking to printer (Staples, OfficeMax/OfficeDepot, UPS/FedEx office, or preferably local independent printshop):
  • It is recommended to have a PDF printer installed, then print the PNGs (exported/saved from GIMP] to a combined PDF and it is better quality than GIMPs built-in one. Open exports in an image/gallery program (such as Windows or Macs built-in photo viewer) print multiple page PNGs at the same time to combine to one PDF file. Google "Free PDF Printer [Windows/Mac]" if you need to. A more advanced but better way is if you have Adobe Acrobat Pro or Foxit Reader (free), you can just create a new PDF from combining the PNGs.
  • Save/copy all pages you want to print in a root folder of a USB drive.
  • I highly recommend finding a local independent printshop over Stapes/CopyMax/UPS/FedEx for multiple reasons: They are cheaper (some have setup fee but if you print a bunch at a time they are always cheaper if you average per page), they have better quality paper and ink, they have printers and workers capable of printing double-sided, they are usually more friendly and care about the work, plus its always better to support the independents. If you do go, bring an official card in and ask to match the thickness and glossyness, as well as size. Always call ahead before going in, and you may be able to e-mail a file in.
  • If you must got to Office/Copy superstore:
    • Buy your own paper in the office part of the store then take to print part of the store and pint on your "own" paper. Paper costs less than $1 a page and printing on your own paper costs 50-60 cents/page, verses printing on printshop cardstock is $2 a page, so this saves at least 50 cents/page. Plus the printshop usually does not stock the best paper compared to the office part of a store.
    • Buy 80-110 lb (144-240 gsm) semi-gloss vellum/index, preferably at 90-96 brightness. Glossy is fine but will might look too shiny compared to official cards, and cover is fine but might be too stiff compared to official cards. 50-75 lb (90-164 gsm) paper works OK, but won't be as thick as official cards. 115-160 lb (208-350 gsm) matches the thickest cards (Wave 2/3) but is much harder to both buy as well as print on. Sometimes paper is advertised as card-stock/poster/catalog paper as opposed to cover/vellum/index, but just look closely for the paper weight in lbs (different stiffness of paper have different lbs-index conversions).
    • Make sure when they print they do not crop/resize by unchecking boxes like "fit picture to frame" or "fit to window" in print dialogs. In my experience, if you don't actually show them by watching them on the computer when printing, they do it wrong and the cards are slightly smaller and lower resolution than normal.
    • If double sided on cardstock, office stores all have issues, with printers jamming, paper shredding, and people working there too ignorant to know how to flip pages correctly. Some printers are incapable of doing double-sided on anything more than 54 lb weight, and each office store (even different stores of the same chain) have different printers. If you really want double sided you might need to shop around testing 1 page at a time, and again I highly recommend local print-shops over office stores, especially if you want double-sided.
    • Always ask to print one page first, check how it looks, then if it is good print the rest. Every one of my time I have been at an office copyshop it takes at least a couple pages to get right.

Enjoy!
Old February 12th, 2019, 01:10 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I believe Uncle Sam is missing from the c3g options.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software