Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old February 8th, 2019, 07:41 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

You are fascinating.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old February 8th, 2019, 07:46 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
I do expect Valkrill a squads with a disciplined or valiant personality. This is what you might think Valkrill might have in human squads?

P.S. They might have a band of outlaws with devious, vicious, ruthless personalities or something.
I'm confused as to why you're putting these "questions" (that are really just speculations or observations or personal theories) here.

If you have ideas for customs, you have a thread dedicated to your customs. I'd post there, if I were you.

I think a valiant Valkrill human sounds implausible. But maybe you have a fantastic idea. Post it somewhere other than a Question Dump.
Old February 8th, 2019, 07:55 PM

Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby! Heroscaper 101 rolls all skulls baby!

I do not have any new questions, but is there a book or something that can shed some light on heroscape?

P.S. It is a mystery that is unsolved, but there are somethings we do know about, starting with the many different planets.
Old February 8th, 2019, 08:00 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Thormun's Journal is a collection of official Heroscape lore.
Old February 9th, 2019, 09:05 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Hypothetical question here, but I believe that I saw it mentioned somewhere before that since a figure is not adjacent to themselves, a figure with just Ghost Walk and not Disengage could never really work, because they would take a leaving engagement strike whenever they stepped onto the opposing figure's space. Would this still apply if the figure was double-spaced, since at least one space would be adjacent at all times during the movement?
Old February 9th, 2019, 09:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Hypothetical question here, but I believe that I saw it mentioned somewhere before that since a figure is not adjacent to themselves, a figure with just Ghost Walk and not Disengage could never really work, because they would take a leaving engagement strike whenever they stepped onto the opposing figure's space. Would this still apply if the figure was double-spaced, since at least one space would be adjacent at all times during the movement?
It works decently well on a double-spaced figure, although there are some corner cases involving smaller figures and elevation changes.

Last edited by superfrog; February 9th, 2019 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Had to check an upcoming C3V design first...
Old February 9th, 2019, 09:29 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
It works decently well on a double-spaced figure, although there are some corner cases involving smaller figures and elevation changes.
Yeah, that, and climbing up, and entering another double-spacer's spaces.
Old February 9th, 2019, 09:31 PM
This is merely a joke.

All of which can be handled by the rules, but several of which are counterintuitive or take some figuring.

I think. I'm not the best rules lawyer around.
Old February 9th, 2019, 09:50 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the answers. I thought that would be the case, but honestly I think that it's silly that Ghost Walk would let you take a leaving engagement attack in the first place.
Old February 10th, 2019, 08:11 PM

cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla cmgames is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Never thought about it before, but Carr, etc. are vulnerable to Engagement Strike, even though they are invulnerable to disengagement strikes. I would think that Ghosting through would be "invisible" to both, but apparently not.

~Z

The influence of a frozen beef pie
My map thread
Old February 25th, 2019, 09:07 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

So this just came up today and my review of the rulebooks and FAQs and came up with no definitive answer. I lean towards no from a strict interpretation of engagement but discussion with another long time player made me question my stance so I figured I'd get more opinions.

Can a unit use a special power on a non-adjacent figure if it is engaged?
Old February 25th, 2019, 09:38 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Flash_19 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
So this just came up today and my review of the rulebooks and FAQs and came up with no definitive answer. I lean towards no from a strict interpretation of engagement but discussion with another long time player made me question my stance so I figured I'd get more opinions.

Can a unit use a special power on a non-adjacent figure if it is engaged?
Yes it can. Braxas is a great example. See the section on Rulings and Clarifications in The Book of Braxas.

I've copied it here for easiness sake:
Quote:
-Rulings and Clarifications-
- POISONOUS ACID BREATH : Engagement Requirements
Do engagement rules apply to Poisonous Acid Breath?
No because Poisonous Acid Breath is not a Special Attack. (Hasbro FAQ)

- POISONOUS ACID BREATH : Engagement Requirement Clarification
Remember, you can use special powers and abilities that affect ranged opponents while still engaged to other opponents. (Hasbro FAQ)
There is a difference between Special Powers/Abilities and Special Attacks.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's