Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old December 22nd, 2018, 02:53 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun
Hex preservation

Yesterday I had a real bummer as I brought home a number of hexes to try to glue back together. Sadly large portions of my collection have become very brittle and especially taking apart castle sets usually costs a piece or two.

Can anything be done to give them more stability? I considered coating them with clear primer or maybe even floor sealant but thought I might ask here first.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old December 22nd, 2018, 11:19 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Hex preservation

Im not sure how you can fix the situation but spraying them with clearcoat wont help I dont think. Ive made a number of custom pieces using them as bases and it seems to make them more brittle. I think the best thing that can be done is to keep them in a cool dark place. I also dont leave my maps stuck together for long periods of time.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 23rd, 2018, 12:27 PM

outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby! outforblood rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Yesterday I had a real bummer as I brought home a number of hexes to try to glue back together. Sadly large portions of my collection have become very brittle and especially taking apart castle sets usually costs a piece or two.

Can anything be done to give them more stability? I considered coating them with clear primer or maybe even floor sealant but thought I might ask here first.
I've noticed the opaque water and lava tiles become very brittle over time. Ladders too! Now the ice and sparkly water tiles seem to hold up fine... which is odd.

SCAPE OR DIE!
Great transactions with: Cavalier,Jim,rudyvalentine,Hilo Scaper,land.scape,Lord Pyre,Cosmo,Hogg,TheSilverSurfer,lefton4ya,Superfrog wargamingaddict87...
Old January 19th, 2019, 09:03 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

The terrain is going to be the Achilles Heel of Scape and will only get worse with time. It's just the nature of the plastic. I was thinking perhaps some kind of plastic safe lubricant could be applied to the edges to making taking apart maps easier and safer, as that's usually the time I get a crack.

As far as repairs, I know crazy glue is NOT the best choice. ..it can weaken the tile in he long run. Epoxy used very sparingly seems to be ok but still, once a crack is there the tile strength and flexibility is forever compromised.

I was hoping that Scape would last into the decades, but I am not so sure anymore. Plastic is plastic, after all. I was almost considering a wooden alternative, who knows at some point in the future.
Old January 19th, 2019, 03:24 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

As 3d printing becomes more and more accessible, I'm sure the future is 3d printed alternatives.
Old January 24th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanScape View Post
I was thinking perhaps some kind of plastic safe lubricant could be applied to the edges to making taking apart maps easier and safer...
has anyone tried a graphite spray or maybe DuPont Teflon Non-Stick ?

GAME OVER Moon Pie!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion