Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Old July 14th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Porting AotP Into Scape

@keglo without sarcasm or hate I say take and direct that thread as far as you want! I started it to facilitate just that.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old July 14th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by keglo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
I was thinking if you divided the cost by life, you could essentially draft the number of squads equal to AotP life and it would cost the same. I think AotP squads are too cheap this way though, and almost would require doubling the cost per life, so 2 life figures such as Illusionary Projections and Pummelroot Elementals would cost the same, but 3 life figures such as Rhox Veterans or Elf Rangers would cost 2/3 of AotP cost, but the 1 life squads don't work out with that math. so I dunno.

That got me to thinking, what if in Heroscape each common squad you only had one of, but you could pay multiples of it to have multiple life squad figures. For instance, if you had 5 squads lives of Marro Stingers, you would only have 3 figures on the board at all times, but each one would have 5 lives that you would track individually. I think the advantage of not having to bring out reinforcements from the start zone would about equal the disadvantage if an attack has more than one skull over your shields you would be loosing lives faster than common figures. Anyway, that is how one could port Scape into AotP, rather than AotP into Scape.
I like this idea. And I know that this isn’t exactly what you are talking about but I wonder if anyone like the smart folks responsible for C3V, SOV, HOSS, and C3G could come up with a way to take, say all the RotV squads, and assign them a color, number of lives, and possibly even change their abilities, and create new cards in order to make them truly compatible with AotP. In other words, just make AotP customs out of our official Heroscape figures. This way we would have so much more to work with and could wait much more patiently for official WotC releases.
I think it is a function of scale and audience. On the one hand there are over 200? units in scape which would be a sever undertaking to re-work. Since AotP has launched there has been a steady stream, but it is easier to port those figures over rather than the other way around.

The second is audience. I'm guessing most people around here like Scape more than AotP. For one I really believe the order marker system is one of the best parts of Scape. Again it seems easier to just use the rules I inspired and TREX clarified and throw the planeswalkers right into the mix with the 4th and Romans.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old July 14th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I like RotV better than AotP. Commons ruined Heroscape for me and I pray the same does not happen to AotP.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 14th, 2016, 07:52 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
@keglo without sarcasm or hate I say take and direct that thread as far as you want! I started it to facilitate just that.
I hope that you didn’t take my last comment as criticism because I certainly didn’t mean it that way.

As far as me taking and directing that thread, I’m afraid I am the wrong guy for the job. I think it would be a lot of fun to take some Heroscape squads and do the things that I suggested myself, but I’m simply not very good at that sort of thing. Figuring out proper point cost, number of lives, balancing abilities, etc. It’s all a little over my head. When I see people discussing these finer points of the game it makes my head spin.

I think @Porkins captured my mentality perfectly in a different thread when he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Wow, you guys make my brain hurt. I just like playing with toy spaceships.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wriggz View Post
I think it is a function of scale and audience. On the one hand there are over 200? units in scape which would be a sever undertaking to re-work. Since AotP has launched there has been a steady stream, but it is easier to port those figures over rather than the other way around.

The second is audience. I'm guessing most people around here like Scape more than AotP. For one I really believe the order marker system is one of the best parts of Scape. Again it seems easier to just use the rules I inspired and TREX clarified and throw the planeswalkers right into the mix with the 4th and Romans.
I suppose you are correct, though I'm still not certain that I like Heroscape better than AotP. It would be a huge undertaking at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I like RotV better than AotP. Commons ruined Heroscape for me and I pray the same does not happen to AotP.
Did you mean that you like AotP better than RotV?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 14th, 2016, 08:06 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

No. I stand by my statement.

RotV ruled.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 14th, 2016, 08:11 PM

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@keglo by take direction, I mean talk as much as you want even if it sways the tides of the thread.

Art is a dirty hack, quickly done. Painting peeled @TREX

Old July 14th, 2016, 08:32 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
No. I stand by my statement.

RotV ruled.
Hehe. I apologize. I forgot that RotV had no common squads. Your previous statement makes perfect sense to me now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
@keglo by take direction, I mean talk as much as you want even if it sways the tides of the thread.

Art is a dirty hack, quickly done. Painting peeled @TREX
Oh ok. It looks like I am misunderstanding everyone tonight. My apologies to you too sir.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old July 14th, 2016, 09:01 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

My own rules were meant to have to do as little work, and make as few changes as possible, to bring AOTP into Scape. And they work just fine.
Old July 14th, 2016, 11:35 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Confred , feel free to use any of my painted figures for your cards. I don't mind at all. If they are suitable for card art, by all means.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 15th, 2016, 08:17 AM

I said it once, and I'll say it again
Saylind has gotten a whole lot more interesting with AotP.

Old July 20th, 2016, 08:54 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Having now played my first two Innistrad games with Tablewalker, I'm thinking about a new way to combine the games; not rules wise but scenario wise. My first thoughts on this are now in (nonAOTP) General Discussion, The New York City Gang of Four thread. I'll be posting my thoughts here when I crystallize them further!
Old July 21st, 2016, 09:52 AM

@chas Sounds good

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender