Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old October 9th, 2015, 07:26 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: Expansion Content

"Oh, you are so dead!"
--OGRE card loss effect, Star Munchkin

Not knowing much about MTG, it looks like we just got the OGRE of Fantasy! This is so far much more than I expected from the first expansion, giving a whole new play style. Hooray! Can't wait to see more of it.
Old October 9th, 2015, 12:19 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Looks like I was in the wrong thread. *sigh*

Anyhow, I dumped as much of the stats as I could see from the large pictures into this post.

I just realized the plastic on those red Goblins is solid and not translucent like the Phoenix and Firecats. I hope they are translucent in the final product.

It looks like the blue Merfolk Roilmage went from solid to translucent between the picture on Toyland/PurplePawn and the picture on Amazon.

Last edited by GaryLASQ; October 9th, 2015 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Goblin plastic
Old October 9th, 2015, 01:25 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Awesome thanks for the info! I am a little sad that everything is unique, mainly because I want an army of goblins, but that's ok, it makes a lot of the spell cards still viable. I am also sad that we have a white flier but it's not an angel, but then again I am really happy for the theme of this set.

I wonder when it comes to the eldrazi scenario, when it has 3 players or 4 players, is that including or excluding the person using the eldrazi? I can't wait to figure out how to scale to include even more people.
Old October 9th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool scans.
Interesting they chose Purple and not Gray, but I suppose purple does pop.
I wonder how the Eldrazi and other purple cards are summoned. I wonder if there are purple spells.

I've been playing AotP online and last night was my first hardcopy game. We all agreed that we liked the armies being monocolored. It made it seem more like a game and the armies more cohesive and readily identified.
The other players were all Magic players and somehow they all knew about the expansion. They said that there is going to be an AotP expansion release with each regular set release and each will have matching themes. They said it rather matter-of-fact-ly

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Last edited by Confred; October 9th, 2015 at 09:36 PM.
Old October 9th, 2015, 02:59 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

How are you playing it online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 9th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confred View Post
They said that there is going to be an AotP expansion release with each regular set release and each will have matching themes. The said it rather matter-of-fact-ly
Awesome. So if this becomes a parallel product, it should have a nice long life, hopefully. Good for the game, not good for my wallet.
Old October 9th, 2015, 04:43 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

So, how often is a regular MTG set released?
Old October 9th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Depends on what is meant by a set. Magic now releases 2 blocks per year but each block consists of 2 sets. They also release special sets, like Commander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old October 9th, 2015, 06:41 PM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

They're going to have to pick up the pace if they want to release in parallel. I'm betting we get one expansion per block, rather than per set.
Old October 9th, 2015, 06:52 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsanner2 View Post
They're going to have to pick up the pace if they want to release in parallel. I'm betting we get one expansion per block, rather than per set.
That's likely, particularly since this coming expansion will be releasing alongside Oath of the Gatewatch (Set 2 of the Battle for Zendikar Block) rather than the actual Battle for Zendikar set.
Old October 9th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsanner2 View Post
I agree with the sound of this one.

Spoiler Alert!

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old October 9th, 2015, 10:46 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
I won't complain

I'll take 2 expansions a year. Heck, I'd take 4. Maybe they should have 4 expansions at the same time, and release 2 or 3 of these "waves" each year as well.

Come on Hasbro, take my money!!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion