Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old September 17th, 2019, 10:48 AM

JNellZ22 is surprisingly tart
Re: The Book of Gladiatrons

Finally landed a set of these guys along with the A.A. Competitively speaking I know they work better with more of each squad, but that’s not my situation as I only have one set each of blast/glad. Question can a single set of blast/glads still be effective?
Old September 17th, 2019, 11:36 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Depends on what you are fighting.
I would get another service or two of Blasts though. Send them in to bolster the ranks of the Glads.
Old September 17th, 2019, 11:50 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNellZ22 View Post
Finally landed a set of these guys along with the A.A. Competitively speaking I know they work better with more of each squad, but that’s not my situation as I only have one set each of blast/glad. Question can a single set of blast/glads still be effective?
They are better in numbers. With one squad of each they lose their potency with every one that dies. I dont generally field them unless I make a whole army out of them.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 17th, 2019, 12:06 PM

JNellZ22 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
They are better in numbers. With one squad of each they lose their potency with every one that dies. I dont generally field them unless I make a whole army out of them.
I figured as much- thanks for the responses. Getting more blastrons isn’t much of a problem- it’s the glads I have trouble tracking down for a decent buy. Generally people would field at least 1 squad of glads for every squad of blasts. Has anyone had success fielding the opposite ratio? Let’s say 2 squads of blasts and a glad?
Old September 17th, 2019, 12:28 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
I figured as much- thanks for the responses. Getting more blastrons isn’t much of a problem- it’s the glads I have trouble tracking down for a decent buy. Generally people would field at least 1 squad of glads for every squad of blasts. Has anyone had success fielding the opposite ratio? Let’s say 2 squads of blasts and a glad?
The blastatrons are what deal the pain. Having more blastatrons than gladiatrons is ok. Where you lose potency is with the gladiatron movement bonding if you dont have enough of them. Blastatrons actually can help other non adjacent blastatrons get the attack bonus but die easier and cant hold the enemy still. You'll want to have at least 2 squads or more to keep the gladiatrons effective.

Old September 19th, 2019, 09:48 AM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker

Tbh, it kind of depends on your collection. If you own every unit and 3 sets of every common, one squad of blasts/glads won’t get you very far in any kind of drafting situation.

On the other hand, if all you have is RotV, having 4 squads of blasts/glads could probably unbalance your entire collection sort of wildly.

I would say get as many of each as you feel functions well with your collection and playstyle.
Old September 19th, 2019, 10:14 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCarrot View Post
Tbh, it kind of depends on your collection. If you own every unit and 3 sets of every common, one squad of blasts/glads won’t get you very far in any kind of drafting situation.

On the other hand, if all you have is RotV, having 4 squads of blasts/glads could probably unbalance your entire collection sort of wildly.

I would say get as many of each as you feel functions well with your collection and playstyle.
I was going off of what is most effective for the unit. If a Blastatron/Gladiatron army build is the only thing you own on top of a ROTV set, then yes it will be more competitve than most of what you put together. Im basing this info off of taking them to multiple tournaments and doing well with them under the said circumstances. Anyone has the ability to get whatever and however many figures they want. I dont believe that was the question. Some units arent as viable in fewer numbers. Thats the way it goes. If that is the case it may be a better idea to buy more of the cheaper common squads out there. That said, they are fun to play, and shouldnt stop people from proxying them with other figures that can be found cheaper.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units