Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 27th, 2011, 11:44 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Kolakoski's Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgames View Post
I'm not sure why abilities that require adjacency (like Mindshackle) wouldn't work.

~Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I'm thinking Drake 2.0 will be a useful cleaver. Valguard is a good hammer, along with the Hydra.

So far we have
Drake(170)
Valguard(280)
Hydra(400)

At 400 points we have, a cleaver, a Hammer, and a lawnmower. Although I expect the lawnmower to malfunction, and the cleaver to go dull in a little while, the Hammer should have the added bonus of being able to easily gather magical water while taking disengagement hits(7 life is a lot, and Valguard isn't exactly grade-A focus-fire material).

Then I'll add in the ship's protection. Arkmer should do well here. At 50 points he can watch your boat, and use a lucky Engagement Strike(that's not magic, nor is it ranged, as such it's not negated) to hold off the incoming foes. He will almost never get an OM, so I'm not concerned that he loses his short-ranged magic attack.

So I'll add in Arkmer to my count:

Arkmer (450)

Finally, due to lack of a better hero, I'll add in Brave Arrow. Although his card is almost entirely worthless, Tracking should still be legal(Native Americans still had to hunt in dangerous conditions, why should it be any different here?), so I might be able to get away with snagging a Water phial.

And that leaves me with 500 points of pure, Unique Hero goodness.

(For those who weren't paying attention)
Drake
Valguard
Hydra
Arkmer
Brave Arrow
Well met!

Hey CM! Welcome to the Adventure!

The idea here is to create a rangeless adventure on a tiny Map. I'm looking for a logically consistent way to achieve this within the context of the story being told with this scenario. In order to eliminate mind blast type ranged attacks, I created the "lack of focus" mechanic, which also applies to Mindshackling. I don't want to just say "all ranges are reduced to 1," unless I can explain it with a "theory" for which one could suspend his/her sense of disbelief, a prerequisite for any good fiction. So, if you can come up with a good story, that achieves the end we seek, please share!

Hey Flamer!

I'm not sure how much else I want to toss out in order to get rid of ranged attacks. Id like a "justification" for keeping Mindshackling, Enslaving, etc. Hydra is Uncommon, as opposed to Unique, even if treated as such, and Reach is a ranged attack. Do I want to face 5 Pulverizers? Do Uncommons violate the spirit of the scenario? Does anyone but me understand what I'm talking about?
Eh, I just assumed that you wanted ranged effects and other powers that use concentration to be negated(plus I always forget about Reach). If him being uncommon is that big of a concern(despite only using 1), I can always sub-in Krug

Krug serves the same function, but doesn't provide the same level of "priority kill" as a Hydra(that is, until he takes a couple hits).

Note: If you want an excuse for why concentration-powers won't work, well...look at the weather!! It's a stinking hurricane!!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 31st, 2011, 01:16 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

For another approach, see my newest scenario:

The Dark Alliance!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1862
Old September 2nd, 2011, 12:05 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

New cardtable-sized map for The Dark Alliance!
Old November 1st, 2011, 01:40 PM

Well met!

Added Sherman's Battle of Amon Hen.
Old January 1st, 2012, 11:52 PM

Well met!

Added chas' Avalanche! and my own The Lost City of Ashra!

I am particularly proud of the latter, and hope you all will play/comment upon it.

Last edited by kolakoski; January 2nd, 2012 at 01:17 AM.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 04:35 PM

Well met!

Pictures and a few changes (and clarifications in comments) just posted. We'll be playing on 1/20 rather than in February.
Old January 16th, 2012, 02:25 PM

Well met!

Final version of The Lost City of Ashra!, with new (and complete) Map pics, up!
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:32 AM

Well met!

Final version of The Giant Grove of Utgar! (with pics) up.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1956
Old January 30th, 2012, 10:41 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Thanks for including mine!
Old February 25th, 2023, 11:59 PM

Well met!

It has been suggested that I bump this with more recent ones. However, I cannot properly copy pictures and links from my Blog.

Last edited by kolakoski; February 26th, 2023 at 12:29 AM.
Old February 26th, 2023, 12:12 AM

[Reserved]
Old February 26th, 2023, 04:12 PM

Well met!

Below is the scenario (recently edited for clarity) for my next Hosting (3/18/23) of our monthly NYCG4 game.

The Treasure of Xualtiaca!

Map. Dignan’s Sacrifice.

http://www.heroscapers.com/downloads//sacrifice_ev7.jpg

Remove original glyphs. Replace Start Zones with Swamp Water tiles (level zero). Place three power side down glyphs equidistant from each other on second level of Sand pyramid. Place a Brandar’s Chest on top of Sand pyramid. Place Water tiles on both sides of table and all around the island (at least five deep). Place new Start Zones in Water hexes on each team's end of the table (at least five hexes away from the nearest map hex.

Armies. For however many players, two teams. Each player will have a 12-hex longboat containing 600 points worth of figures (only Classic (no Marvel), C3V/SoV, and AoA).

Longboats. Longboats may not be attacked. Longboats may be boarded and used by any player. Any unengaged figure in a longboat may move it one space during its movement phase, and/or one space when moved by a Special Power. For instance, Admiral EJ-1M’s Boarding Party Special Attack allows a Pirate or Captain figure to move 4 spaces. The figure, if in a longboat, may instead move it one space. A hero may move a longboat one space per move, while a squad may move it as many spaces as there are figures in that squad instead of their normal movement. Longboats may only move in Water or Swamp Water hexes.

Treasure. The Brandar’s Chest represents the Treasure. It may be moved by any two unengaged figures by Order Marker on one of them, at the speed of the slowest one, minus one. No special movement powers or flying may be used. It may only be so carried on land hexes or on a longboat.

Xualtiaca Fire Ants. They operate as their own team, have their own cards and OMs, and initiative rolls. They appear on the glyphs (other than Brandar’s Chest). No player’s non-Ant units may move onto or through the glyphs. To prevent teams just moving the same Ants back and forth, each team will have its own card of Ants (designated by color or different sculpt). There are six squads per card, with infinite respawning. However, even when under a team’s control, Ants will always take leaving engagement attacks and Swarm Sting attacks against all non-Ant figures. Conversely, a team's non-Ant units may attack that team's Ants. Ants may not attack other Ants, even those controlled by an opponent.

The Play. Teams roll for initiative. The team that loses initiative will take the first turn with its Ants, and alternating taking turns with theirs thereafter.*

Victory Conditions. The team that carries the Treasure back to its Start Zone wins.**

My AoA units for this scenario:

130 Shiori
125 Bok-Bur-Na
80 Dreadnaughts
80 Bonny
120 Frostclaw Paladins
110 Ordo Borealis

*For example, with three players per team:

If Ants win initiative, they take turns 1, 4, and 7. The player teams take turns 2, 5, and 8, and 3, 6, and 9, respectively. The player team with the lowest initiative takes the first Ant turn, and teams alternate taking Ant turns thereafter. So, in this case: Initiative order: Ants, Team 1, Team 2.

Ants turn 1 taken by Team 2. Then Team 1, Player 1; Team 2, Player 1; Ant turn taken by Team 1; Team 1, Player 2; Team 2, Player 2; Ant turn taken by Team 2; Team 1, Player 3; Team 2, Player 3.

**Optional Xualtiaca Ant Army Rule. If there is an odd number of players, one may play as the Xualtiaca Fire Ants team. If none of the other players win within ten Rounds, the Ant player wins.

Last edited by kolakoski; February 26th, 2023 at 04:33 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios