Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum
Misc Customs Project Forum A subforum for all project based customs that generate numerous threads related to the same project.

Old September 9th, 2015, 02:21 PM

Guther is surprisingly tart
Question Making molds of classics?

So all I have is a 1st edition masterset and 1 pack of monk/guards (sentinels?). Can I just make molds of them and paint? I have plastic model building experience, and used to play warhammer (friends would have me paint figures for them). Also, if I rebase them, do some warhammer figures fit well? I think I have Krell from undead, some Chaos figures and a few 40k marines floating around someplace. Though right now I want to clone my monks and do 1 up as Wu (I think that was the name). I think I saw somebody mention EZ mold, but I'm not sure as I can't make the search work on my phone. 1 or 2 part molds? What do you use for mold release? Any help would be awesome. I have low funds and can't be ordering a ton of discontinued stuff, but I like having real figures to work with,and this seems a way I can do it while having fun.
Old September 9th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Making molds of classics?

I'm no moldsman myself, but I've seen some real good clones on TREX's thread here. You could maybe shoot him a Private Message if you have any questions about molding and rebasing and all that jazz.

~TAF, hardly an expert, but it's a start

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old September 9th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Filthy the Clown has done some molding using instant mold and green stuff. He has a tutorial here.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old September 9th, 2015, 04:53 PM

Guther is surprisingly tart

Thanks! That's the one I heard mentioned, and I was having a little trouble finding. Search function does not like my phone

"...Are we not all, in some way, looking for our cow?" -Brian Yeast, Ankh-Morpork Literary Gazette and Paradigm Shifters' Monthly
Old September 10th, 2015, 01:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Guther , My mold making instant mold thread is based on filthy's thread but I have modified my mold making process to get rid of some of the issues I have ran into. Welcome to the site. Also you could look up Instant Mold Sandwich molds on youtube.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Misc Customs Project Forum