Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Old September 24th, 2019, 09:51 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 1] UNIT NAME (Ob Nixilis, Demon of Spite) - Design

Runa’s Dark brownish gray wings are very unusual too. Perhaps this figure could be the most corrupt and evil of all the Utgar kyrie. His use of dark magics even Utgar himself shunned.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 24th, 2019, 09:59 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't want it to get lost that fakeraistlin and The Long Eared Bat are pod members here, and both have come down firmly in favor of Demon. If push comes to shove, a vote among pod members is most likely what I'm going to propose in order to resolve this as I feel like there's no obvious best choice between Demon and Kyrie.

(speaking of, there is still one more position available in this pod, so if that vote is something you want authority to weigh in on...)

@Jaur0n
@lefton4ya

I apologize if you've already made it clear earlier in the thread and it slipped my mind, but what's your respective stances on species for this figure? Should we go with Demon, or find a way to make Kyrie work?
Old September 25th, 2019, 03:40 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

I only said demon due to the fact he has a tail, but looking at the CV3 demons they don't have wings and [ob] looks more like the Utgar Kyrie minus the tail. The heroscape Kyrie do vary in appearance. The tail could just be a mutation or due to some kind of magic/curse or from a wellspring.

Long live heroscape
Old September 25th, 2019, 04:02 AM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
I only said demon due to the fact he has a tail, but looking at the CV3 demons they don't have wings and [ob] looks more like the Utgar Kyrie minus the tail. The heroscape Kyrie do vary in appearance. The tail could just be a mutation or due to some kind of magic/curse or from a wellspring.
Currently released no, but there is one demon in public playtesting that has wings (The Pathfinder Leukodaemon).

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old September 25th, 2019, 04:55 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

So if demons can vary so much in physical appearance why can't Kyrie? To be honest I not too bothered on whether he should be a demon or Kyrie. I am happy to go with the majority for those with a stronger preference for one or the other.

Long live heroscape
Old September 25th, 2019, 11:18 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Sorry I haven't chimed in in awhile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
...For left box stats I agree with consensus of others to make Demon and have Wolves of Badru & Death Knights Bonding:
Quote:
Demon
Unique Hero
Darklord
Relentless
Medium 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Looking at the C3V squad with its sacrificial bonding I'm OK with keeping as Demon. To correlate, Taelord has quasi-bonding with Minions and although that is a decent army (in high point games) more people use Taelord without the Minions. However, if not than Hybrid or some other one is fine too.

I think for the spirit we should have a simple -1A or -1D (We all agreed this set should have as many simple powers as we can). However although I would prefer the Aura to be simple as well (maybe negative Attack on opponent where there is Left-box stat restrictions, like a reverse of Ana Karithon's Protection from Evil Aura), I'd be Ok with a receiving wounds on some kind of whiff.
I am more concerned with what powers we have and thinking about who he bonds/has synergy with, then focusing on Left box stats for lore sake alone - I could see him as a Kyrie or Demon based on sculpt/lore, but for synergy more Demons are needed in Heroscape.

You all shot down my idea of a simple Aura (Negative attack or Negative Defense) but I saw a lot of other good aura and spirit ideas that I think we discuss more as well.
Old September 25th, 2019, 12:14 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
Currently released no, but there is one demon in public playtesting that has wings (The Pathfinder Leukodaemon).
Yeah, that freaky thing sure doesn't look like any Kyrie, more a thing from your nightmares.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 25th, 2019, 05:39 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I liked the re-roll aura idea.
Old September 26th, 2019, 07:10 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

@lefton4ya

I suspect more demons are coming to scape soon enough. That does not retract from your statement, just a heads up.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 26th, 2019, 07:25 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Also on a broader note, we're not specifically looking to fill synergy holes with this box. Hopefully people will be able to buy this even without any VC units and still be able to enjoy the set on its own merits. If demon matches the theme or desired gameplay, then I'd say go for it, but please don't choose demon just because there aren't many official demons yet.
Old September 29th, 2019, 03:53 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

It seems like we’re stuck on this. Do we need to conduct a simple vote?
Old September 30th, 2019, 12:33 AM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, I think a vote’s in order here. The rest of the unit is hard to design not knowing it’s synergy implications.

Pod Members, chime in with a vote for demon or kyrie. I’ll hold my vote for now to break a tie if needed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs