Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 30th, 2019, 01:19 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Kolakoski’s Pre-SoV Custom Corner

Well met!

chas and I played a number of games yesterday (and into this morning) pre-testing four customs in anticipation of a more formal test to be done with the Gang on October 12. Before that test, I have some comments and invite feedback.

Rania was the most successful in terms of usefulness and fun. A Soldier's Endurance enabled her to engage quickly and do damage. Reversal encouraged an aggressive play style, but was not at all overpowered. 130 points is still a guess, but I think it's close to submission.

I had high hopes for Sirenia, but found myself ignoring her for OM placement. She lived and died with Ruthless Reversal and was otherwise no fun. She needs an offensive power to replace Succubus, so she can play more like Rania or, perhaps better, a different sculpt denoting a sorceress, with weaker general stats, although podding up might then be a problem. Ruthless Reversal is a great power, but a proper context has yet to be found.

Nieriel was underwhelming compared to the other customs or to other Relentless heroes Bonding with Death Knights. (Bonding's a no-no anyways?). Kon-Tar-Na, in particular, was ridiculously strong with them. Perhaps it was context again, but she did not excite.

Punch Knife was useful in getting around Rania's Reversal, but otherwise seemed weak in this context. Perhaps Double Assault (at 4 Attack and Range) would work, or Double Attack with the ranged attack being some kind of Special? I suspect making Xoroku a Champion would be a no-no, but what Orc hero isn't? Xorokus range/melee combo should work . . . somehow.

Now that we have a little experience with them, Rania is almost perfect, except for the question of price, while the others need to be reworked. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Old September 30th, 2019, 03:21 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Punch Knife was however excellent against the Warriors of Ashra!
Old October 1st, 2019, 11:58 AM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Newly revised for October 12 Playtest:

SIRENIA

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Human
Class Warwitch
Personality Psychic

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 130

SONIC SWORD
Choose 3 spaces in a straight line from Sirenia. All figures on those spaces and on all spaces adjacent to those 3 spaces are affected by Sonic Sword. Roll a 20-sided die for each affected figure. On a roll of 13 or higher, that figure receives a wound. Sirenia is not affected by her own Sonic Sword.

SIREN SONG
When an opponent's figure within 4 spaces of Sirenia attacks her with a normal or special attack, before attack dice are rolled, roll a 20-sided die. On a roll of 13 or higher, the attack is cancelled and Sirenia's attacker cannot attack again this turn.

NIERIEL

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Ranger
Personality Wild

Size Medium 4

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

Points 110

NEEDLE
Range 4, Attack 2
Defending figures roll 1 less defense die for each skull rolled with Needle. After attacking with Needle, Nieriel may attack normally.

FRENZY

After taking a turn with Nieriel, roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 16 or higher you may take another turn with Nieriel.

RANIA REYJYRE

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Soldier
Personality Valiant

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 130

A SOLDIER’S ENDURANCE
After attacking with Rania, you may reveal the X Order Marker and move Rania up to 3 spaces and attack one additional time. Rania will take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with A Soldier’s Endurance.

TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, Rania always adds one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

XOROKU

General Valkrill

Unique Hero
Species Orc
Class Warrior
Personality Ferocious

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 130

DISTRACTING SPEAR 16
After moving and before attacking, choose any figure adjacent to Xoroku. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher, the chosen figure cannot roll defense dice if attacked by Xoroku this turn.

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Xoroku attacks he may attack one additional time.

Old October 4th, 2019, 07:35 PM

Well met!

Newest revisions:

Old October 5th, 2019, 11:43 AM

Well met!

Made this for Dr,Goomonkey's contest, but too many Special Powers for it. Priced according to Bigga's suggestion. Not enough figure availability for SoV.

Tsumetai Kimera

NAME = TSUMETAI KIMERA

GENERAL = AQUILLA

SPECIES = KIMERA
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MARAUDER
PERSONALITY = FEROCIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = LARGE 6

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 110

BLIZZARD
When an opponent’s figure moves onto a space within 2 spaces of Tsumetai, it must end its movement there. Any figure standing on a space within 2 spaces of Tsumetai, including Tsumetai, receives an additional defense die when attacked by a non adjacent figure.

TSUMETAI SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1, Attack 4
Roll the 20-sided die. On a roll of 16 or higher the defending figure may not roll defense dice against Tsumetai Special Attack.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Tsumetai's movement, ignore elevations.Tsumetai may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. If Tsumetai is engaged when it starts to fly, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Pathfinder Battles' new release Chimera is cool, but not wintry enough, yes?

Last edited by kolakoski; October 5th, 2019 at 01:05 PM.
Old October 11th, 2019, 02:31 PM

Well met!

Playtest tomorrow.

Gravel Garden (1 DD + 1 FA + 1 FF + 1 TJ) - 26.3" x 28.0"

With expanded Start Zones

New units:

Team 1:

Player 1: Rania, KoW x 3, Sir Gilbert, Morgan's Riflemen

Player 2: Nieriel, Mohican River Tribe x 2, Venoc Warlord, Kaemon

Player 3: Tsumetai, Mogrimm, Axegrinders x 2, Moltenclaw

Team 2:

Player 1: Scourge, Gothlok, Tomb Skeleton Archers x 3, Racheim

Player 2: Sirenia, Othkurik, Kozuke Samurai, Tagawa Samurai Archers x 2

Player 3: Xoroku, Emperor Andask, Tomb Skeletons x 3, Ninjas of the Northern Wind

Note: The sculpt for Scourge has him looking emaciated. Meanwhile, that for Tsumetai is Wyvern-sized.

Old October 13th, 2019, 02:24 PM

Well met!

Just chas and I met yesterday, as Sherman and Taeblewalker were at the last minute unable to attend. We played a number of enjoyable games, but were left with more questions than answers. I passed various versions of these cards by BiggaBullfrog a while back and, from his point of view, I've generally overpriced them.

Tsumetai

This card was quite different then, though. Now, with a Triple Attack of 4, I'm thinking 140 might be a bit low. He was quite strong in our games.

Sirenia

Sirenia did nothing of interest in both games with her, even as Sonic Sword 13 became Sonic Sword 11.

Sirenia

The version Bigga saw, that he thought was close or a bit high costed is above.

Nieriel

Bigga had Nieriel at 60-80 points. For this test, at the last minute, I changed Needle so that defense dice could not be rolled against Nieriel's normal attack if a wound was inflicted, Needle happened before movement, and Neiriel was given Disengage. The attack happening before movement was impossible to set up without too much risk. With Needle potentially eliminating defense dice (after movement) and Disengage, Nieriel was better in both her games.

Rania

Rania is solid, at the most 110 according to Bigga. I sort of agree, comparing her to Morgoloth.

Xorotu

Bigga has him at around 100 points, or lower. I gave him Disengage and had Distracting Spear happen before movement. Disengage wasn't used, but Distracting Spear worked fine. If Morgoloth is 140, Xorotu can't be too much cheaper, can he?

Scourge

Scourge came late to the party, and chas was convinced he was worth around 170+ points before he ever hit the table. He was interesting to play and defend against, and I'm thinking 140 is about right . . .

But what do I know? A few conclusions:

In this context, with lots of squad figures and some powerful Special Attackers in the armies, I'm inclined to think these customs are generally over costed. Maybe some hero-oriented games would make comparisons easier.

I've found some great sculpts and I've come up with some theoretically cool powers. The actual play of these sculpts/powers is not necessarily as cool as I'd hoped. Going forward:

Sirenia: She was not originally Utgar or Undead, nor did she have any of her current powers. I am comfortable with her as she is, except that Sonic Sword needs more work/testing, and she needs another power to make her more interesting and unique.

Rania: To make her worth her points Bigga-wise, and for uniqueness' sake, Soldier's Endurance could apply every turn (no X Marker needed). Elven Armor is strong, almost an auto-shield, and works fine, but I can't get over the idea that there is a perfect second (or third?) power for her that I haven't come up with - yet.

Xorotu: With Disengage and the changes to Distracting Spear, he's simply, sometimes brutally, effective.

Tsumetai: The way Blizzard actually plays, I'm inclined to jettison the movement power, and just have Tsumetai and units within 2 spaces of him add an auto-shield against ranged attacks. In any event, Bigga aside, I can't see him at only 100 or so, comparing to Racheim versus the Wyvern.

Scourge: The jury is so still out on this one. His sculpt is so much skinnier than I imagined. Trident Fire's Range of 3 makes it less useful than you might think. I'm still agonizing over what his second (or third?) power should be.

Nieriel: So many ideas went through her before this version. With the latest version of Needle,and Disengage, I could: (a) eliminate Frenzy and/or (b) make her a Rogue, and/or (c) raise her stats a bit, and/or (d) add

REVERSAL
If Nieriel is targeted for an attack or special power by an opponent’s figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, choose an opponent's small or medium figure adjacent to
Nieriel who is not the attacking figure. Switch Nieriel with the chosen figure. If you do, the attacking figure must attack the chosen figure, if possible, and cannot attack any other figure this turn. Figures moved by Reversal never take any leaving engagement attacks.

and/or (e) do any or all of the above with another available sculpt.

All of these sculpts are available in quantities for SoV except Tsumetai. A bit of work/testing before any of them are presentable.

P.S.: Just bought this one, being surprised that he is available in quantity for possible SoV use.

I see this one as having Triple Attack, of course, a Shadow version of Blizzard, and some sort of dog-like protector or companion power.

Tsumetai
Old October 13th, 2019, 09:22 PM

Well met!

Reversal and Ruthless Reversal belonged to Rania and Sirenia, respectively. Although they are now reserved for other figures, another pair of powers have occurred to me for them.

RANIA REYJYRE

For Rania, there seems no reason to make Soldier's Endurance X Marker dependent. Now we have:

A SOLDIER’S ENDURANCE
After moving and attacking with Rania, you move Rania up to 3 additional spaces and attack one additional time. Rania will take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with A Soldier’s Endurance.

ELVEN ARMOR
When rolling defense dice, if one shield is rolled, add an additional shield to whatever is rolled.

To the top of her card, from guess who, add

INSPIRATION
After moving and before attacking, Rania may use Inspiration. When using Inspiration, you must roll the die for all friendly figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Rania, one at a time. If you roll a 20, take an immediate turn with that figure. Inspiration does not affect Rania.

SIRENIA

Sirenia is a (cleanly) seductive figure. She's good as is, except for two things. Firstly, Sonic Sword has to hurt more. I've modelled a version of it, from guess who, that might work.

SONIC SWORD
Range 1, Attack 4
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose another figure adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by Sonic Sword. Roll attack dice once for both figures. When Sirenia attacks with Sonic Sword, she may attack one additional time.

In addition, at the top of her card, let's add

EVIL INSPIRATION
After moving and before attacking, Sirenia may use Evil Inspiration. When using Evil Inspiration, you must roll the die for all figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Sirenia, one at a time. If you roll a 20, take an immediate turn with that figure. Evil Inspiration does not affect Sirenia.

Finally, for Nieriel:

NIERIEL

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Rogue
Personality Tricky

Size Medium 4

Life 4
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

Points 90

NEEDLE
Range 4, Attack 2
Defending figures roll 1 less defense die for each skull rolled with Needle. After attacking with Needle, Nieriel may attack normally. If Nieriel inflicted a wound on an opponent's figure with Needle, that figure may not roll defense dice against Nieriel's normal attack this turn.

REVERSAL
If Nieriel is targeted for an attack or special power by an opponent’s figure, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, choose an opponent's small or medium figure adjacent to
Nieriel who is not the attacking figure. Switch Nieriel with the chosen figure. If you do, the attacking figure must attack the chosen figure, if possible, and cannot attack any other figure this turn. Figures moved by Reversal never take any leaving engagement attacks.

DISENGAGE
Nieriel is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

But who needs another Tricky Rogue, right? This figure is still available in quantity:

NIERIEL

General Einar

Unique Hero
Species Human
Class Ninja
Personality Disciplined

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 3

Points 100

NEEDLE
Range 4, Attack 2
Defending figures roll 1 less defense die for each skull rolled with Needle. After attacking with Needle, Nieriel may attack normally. If Nieriel inflicted a wound on an opponent's figure with Needle, that figure may not roll defense dice against Nieriel's normal attack this turn.

REVERSAL

PHANTOM WALK
Nieriel can move through all figures and is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Old October 14th, 2019, 01:21 PM

Well met!

For various reasons, Inspiration and Evil Inspiration are now limited to Unique Heroes.

RANIA REYJYRE,
SISTER OF LIGHT

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Soldier
Personality Valiant

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 130

INSPIRATION
After moving and before attacking, Rania may use Inspiration. When using Inspiration, you must roll the die for all friendly Unique Heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of Rania, one at a time. If you roll a 20, take an immediate turn with that Unique Hero. Inspiration does not affect Rania.

A SOLDIER’S ENDURANCE
After moving and attacking with Rania, you may move Rania up to 3 additional spaces and attack one additional time. Rania will take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with A Soldier’s Endurance.

ELVEN ARMOR
When rolling defense dice, if one shield is rolled, add an additional shield to whatever is rolled.

SIRENIA, SISTER OF DARKNESS

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Undead
Class Warrior
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points 130

EVIL INSPIRATION
After moving and before attacking, Sirenia may use Evil Inspiration. When using Evil Inspiration, you must roll the die for all Unique Heroes within 3 clear sight spaces of Sirenia, one at a time. If you roll a 20, take an immediate turn with that
Unique Hero. Evil Inspiration does not affect Sirenia.

LIFE DRAIN
Each time Sirenia destroys a figure, you may remove a wound from this Army Card. Sirenia cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

SONIC SWORD
Range 1, Attack 4
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose another figure adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by Sonic Sword. Roll attack dice once for both figures. When Sirenia attacks with Sonic Sword, she may attack one additional time.

Old October 16th, 2019, 11:32 AM

Well met!

After Workshop feedback, this is where we are:

RANIA REYJYRE,
SISTER OF LIGHT

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Soldier
Personality Valiant

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points ???

INSPIRATION
After taking a turn with Rania, she may use Inspiration. When using Inspiration, choose a friendly Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Rania, and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20, take an immediate turn with that Unique Hero. Inspiration does not affect Rania.

A SOLDIER’S ENDURANCE
After moving and attacking with Rania, you may move Rania up to 3 additional spaces and attack one additional time. Rania will take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with A Soldier’s Endurance.

SIRENIA, SISTER OF DARKNESS

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Undead
Class Warrior
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points ???

EVIL INSPIRATION
After taking a turn with Sirenia, she may use Evil Inspiration. When using Evil Inspiration, choose a Unique Hero within 3 clear sight spaces of Sirenia, and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 20, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card. Evil Inspiration does not affect Sirenia.

LIFE DRAIN
Each time Sirenia destroys a figure, you may remove a wound from this Army Card. Sirenia cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

SONIC SWORD
Range 1, Attack 4
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose another figure adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by Sonic Sword. Roll attack dice once for both figures.

Also, Cerberi #20 Deadly Foes Pathfinder Battles, in quantity, is the figure below.

SERUBERI

General Valkrill

Unique Hero
Species Demon
Class Hunter
Personality Relentless

Size Small 3

Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 2

Points ???

TRIPLE ATTACK
When Seruberi attacks, it may attack 2 additional times.

DWELLS IN DARKNESS
Any figure within 2 spaces of Seruberi, including Seruberi, receives an additional defense die. Figures being attacked by Seruberi receive no defensive bonus from being within 2 spaces of Seruberi.

CLIMB X2
When moving up or down levels of terrain, Seruberi may double its Height.

Last edited by kolakoski; October 16th, 2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old October 18th, 2019, 01:50 PM

Well met!

After further feedback and consideration:

RANIA REYJYRE

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Warlord
Personality Relentless

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points ???

A SOLDIER’S ENDURANCE
After moving and attacking with Rania, you may reveal the X Marker and move Rania up to 3 additional spaces and attack one additional time. Rania will take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with A Soldier’s Endurance.

BATTLE CRY
After Rania destroys an opponent's figure with a normal attack, you may move 3 squad figures you control up to 3 spaces.

DEMETRIA REYJYRE

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Succubus
Class Warrior
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points ???

LIFE DRAIN
Each time Demetria destroys a figure, you may remove a wound from this Army Card. Demetria cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

SONIC SWORD
Range 1, Attack 4
Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose another figure adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by Sonic Sword. Roll attack dice once for both figures.

ENSLAVE 17
When revealing an order marker on Demetria, after taking Demetria's turn, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 spaces of Demetria. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and innediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

Old October 18th, 2019, 05:11 PM

Well met!

A few further changes:

RANIA REYJYRE

General Ullar

Unique Hero
Species Elf
Class Warlord
Personality Valiant

Size Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points ???

A SOLDIER’S ENDURANCE
After moving and attacking with Rania, you may reveal the X Marker and move Rania up to 3 additional spaces and attack one additional time. Rania will take any leaving engagement attacks when moving with A Soldier’s Endurance.

BATTLE CRY
After Rania destroys an opponent's figure with a normal attack, you may move 3 figures you control up to 3 spaces.

DEMETRIA REYJYRE

General Utgar

Unique Hero
Species Succubus
Class Warrior
Personality Terrifying

Medium 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 4

Points ???

LIFE DRAIN
Each time Demetria destroys a figure, you may remove a wound from this Army Card. Demetria cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

SONIC SWORD
Range 1, Attack 4

ENSLAVE 17
When revealing an order marker on Demetria, after taking Demetria's turn, you may choose any Unique Hero figure within 4 spaces of Demetria. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 17 or higher, take temporary control of the chosen Hero and innediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to its previous owner. All order markers that were on the figure's Army Card will stay on the Army Card.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards