Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old January 11th, 2007, 10:21 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Billtog's Gnarly Battlefields ~ Frigid Face-off PDF!

Greetings, ladies, gentleman, robots, and any combination of the aforementioned. This thread shall be home to my creations.

My most recent battlefield will be the first on here. It is called Dravyn's Wall. It's a perfectly symmetrical minimap designed for two players. Being a college student, it's important that my battlefields are small and easy to set up, so most of them will be symmetrical minimaps. This one uses 1RTTF, 1MS, 1FOTA, and several expansions (mostly sand).

An overview:

Side view:

Close up:

I don't have a scenario for this one. Just try to capture the important points and beat the crap out of your enemy.

The pdf is here.
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/?dlid=434

I will be putting up more in the near future.

Please post comments and questions. If you have something mean to say, at least say it in a funny accent so we can all enjoy it.
Old January 11th, 2007, 11:57 PM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation
sweet map, i look forward to seeing your new maps!
Old January 12th, 2007, 01:14 PM

Sev_ has disabled reputation
Hey great job, when you say important points, you mean the top of the walls right?
Old January 12th, 2007, 03:35 PM
GW Bush's

Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby! Billtog rolls all skulls baby!
Sev, that's what I meant. If you get to the taller walls, you can get extreme height advantage on some figures.
Old January 12th, 2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billtog
Sev, that's what I meant. If you get to the taller walls, you can get extreme height advantage on some figures.
Oh, thats cool, but typically extreme height advantage is 10+ the figures size. If you added a few more tiles to the bottoms of the castle bases, you should be able to achieve the extreme height advantage.

Just a few thoughts
Old January 13th, 2007, 05:10 AM
GW Bush's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev_

Oh, thats cool, but typically extreme height advantage is 10+ the figures size. If you added a few more tiles to the bottoms of the castle bases, you should be able to achieve the extreme height advantage.

Just a few thoughts
I didn't realize it was 10+ the figure's size. I thought it just used the same rule as height advantage.
Old January 13th, 2007, 06:08 AM

You could always house rule it for if its 5-7+ higher than the lower unit.
Old January 15th, 2007, 01:55 AM
GW Bush's

Here's another symmetrical minimap for two players. It's called Dravyn's Pass. It uses 1 MS, 1 RTTF, 1 FOTA, and several expansions.

View of the tunnel:

View of the parapet (which drops into the tunnel)

Overall view:

The PDF can be found here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=439

If you're having trouble holding up the parapet, I used a ladder on the adjacent wall in order to support the wall walk tile.

I have only one special rule, and that is you can drop from the parapet into the tunnel without taking fall damage and without taking damage for leaving an engagement.

I forgot to add in starting zones. They are the 24 hex rock tiles.

Here's what I first built when I got my first castle set. I only have one Master Set, so I usually don't have room to put castles on a battlefield, but I did build this small watch tower.

The Guards:

Back view:

Overall View:

Here's something I like to add to all of my action shots. Unfortunately, I don't own a camera. Jotun vs. Khosumet:

And here's the PDF:
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=438
Old January 15th, 2007, 02:54 AM
GW Bush's

I'm not sure where else to put this (I don't think it would appropriate to start a new thread just for this), so I'm putting it where you can all see it. This is a song I wrote named after my favorite Heroscape Expansion. Sure, the castle is cooler, but Road to the Forgotten Forest changed the game so much more.

http://www.athanas.org/~mdash/seantu...n%20Forest.mid
Old January 15th, 2007, 01:30 PM

j-Bird is surprisingly tart
Billtog, I like both of your mini-maps. Dravyn's Pass is may favorite of the two...downloaded the PDF for closer inspection.
Old June 15th, 2007, 05:55 AM
GW Bush's

Okay, there is a new battlefield. I wasn't really sure about the Thaelenk Tundra set until I made this map.

2 MS, 2RTTF, 1TT, and a ballsload of expansions

It's a symmetrical battlefield designed for two players, but might be able to support more if you don't mind being crowd. Place glyphs randomly where shown (I used Dagmar, Astrid, Ivor, and Gelda). The one-hex sand island beyond the water is your glyph deposit zone. If you go behind the bridge and grab the Glyph of Brandar (yours is the one opposite of your deposit zone), you can carry it back to the deposit zone for a win. Figures carrying the Glyph may not Fly, Slither, Jump, or move using Scatter. If the figure carrying the glyph dies, place the glyph where that figure died.

Basically what you have to do is run towards whatever glyphs you can get. If you get Gelda, you should probably make a break for the glyph of Brandar. If you get Dagmar, you'd be better off trying to destroy your opponent. If you get both, laugh maniacally.

Also, I play without fall damage on this map. If you grab a glyph you don't really want on the bridge, you can jump now and go for the Glyph of Brandar instead.

Le Byrd's Eyie Veu

Le Overveu

Le Syid Veuxeix

Here's the PDF:
http://www.heroscapers.com/download/index.php?dlid=711
Old June 23rd, 2007, 11:42 PM

Spectre007 Woo who?
That looks awesome. I wouldn't mind playing it except I'm one RTTFF set short.

Great job!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios