Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old November 22nd, 2006, 01:16 PM

TyG17 has disabled reputation
TyG17's Maps Infernal Wellspring page 2

Here are a couple multiple master sets i made in virtualscape for a team battle 4v4 or 6v6. I am getting together with Playa1 next month for some gaming and here are a couple maps i made... looking for feedback on the maps, if there is anytihng to change to make them better...

Any help would be nice

Ty G
- There will never be another me...

Back from the dead...
Old November 22nd, 2006, 01:24 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I love the 2nd map, with the elevated "bridge platform" in the middle! And nice job with the symatry for both maps. They have a natural flow and random appearance, while being balanced for starting areas.

Well done!

The only thing I wondered about was the lava on the edges... is that just eye-candy, or do you want it to be "in play"? At first glance, there appears to be no incentive to tread upon the lava edges... Perhaps place a glyph there amongst the lava (on a non-lava tile) to entice the players to head in that direction?

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old November 22nd, 2006, 01:26 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
The first map is my favorite it looks very fun and VERY creative.

The second map is a little too dramatic for my tastes.

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old November 24th, 2006, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotwalker 8000
I love the 2nd map, with the elevated "bridge platform" in the middle! And nice job with the symatry for both maps. They have a natural flow and random appearance, while being balanced for starting areas.

Well done!

The only thing I wondered about was the lava on the edges... is that just eye-candy, or do you want it to be "in play"? At first glance, there appears to be no incentive to tread upon the lava edges... Perhaps place a glyph there amongst the lava (on a non-lava tile) to entice the players to head in that direction?
I love using symmetry in my maps. Then i dont have to worry about someone complaining about a bad starting spot.

Also My maps tend to be a little square because i use basically the 24 hex to define the map. With these two i went out of my way to make sure these had some definition in them.

As for the lava tiles they were there to uses and the space was flat... maybe i will add on to the lava edges and see about placing flags or tons of glyphs out there... it would take away from the def height advantage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupidsArt

I played on a much simpler version of this map and it played fast because everyone ran to the castle... it didnt have glyphs or the flags on the ends... I added the flags to take away from the obvious take the castle. These maps may be used here Dec 17th. I will def give battle reports and have pictures.

Thanks for all the help guys and keep giving the input

Anyone else...

Ty G

Back from the dead...
Old November 24th, 2006, 08:17 PM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
Quote:

I agree with you CupidsArt. I really like the wandering rivers, and the sandbar islands with glyphs. I would love to be able to download this map so I could take a closer look at it. I'd give much more detailed feedback if I could take a more detailed look at the map.

Click to see more...
Old November 24th, 2006, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralerogeny
Quote:

I agree with you CupidsArt. I really like the wandering rivers, and the sandbar islands with glyphs. I would love to be able to download this map so I could take a closer look at it. I'd give much more detailed feedback if I could take a more detailed look at the map.
The first map has virtualscape file in the downloads section under 5+ MS If you want to check it out. Thanks Auralerogeny

Ty G

Back from the dead...
Old November 25th, 2006, 06:25 PM

Filbey has disabled reputation
I agree that these are nice maps!I like your style.The first is the one I like the most.Nice work!

"Nevermind what they are selling , It's what your buying!"Fugazi

Sucsessfully Traded with Revdyer , CupidsArt, stay_golden_PONYBOY, and Eyeofsauron!Thanks, Filbey
Old November 25th, 2006, 07:24 PM

heroscaper2.0 has disabled reputation
Nice maps you have there. I really like the first one
Old November 25th, 2006, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filbey
I agree that these are nice maps!I like your style.The first is the one I like the most.Nice work!
Thanks Filbey. What about the first one appeals more to you then the second one? Im trying to figure out what other people like in maps so i can start making better maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2.0
Nice maps you have there. I really like the first one
Thanks heroscaper2.0 I also ask you the same question... what do you like about the first one?

Eventually i will go in and edit the first post to update Scenario info and map details. I just havent had the time lately. Thanks again

Keep the info coming guys...

Ty G

Back from the dead...
Old November 26th, 2006, 04:53 PM

Here is another map I put together a while back. It uses 2 MS, 2 FotA, 2 RttFF, 2 VW

Tell me what you think... Edit later...

Ty G

Back from the dead...
Old November 27th, 2006, 02:34 PM

Ok so i built the castle map that i just posted and sine i now have more Road sets i added to it... and i have actual pics...

Overhead view

Behind the first base

Behind the second base

The Glyph of Erland on top

The Glyph of Rannveig inside the courtyard

Looking over the outside tower to the castle

Looking in the door

The Trading Post

This castle used to be used as a rest stop for traders carrying goods. Now it is just a place of valuable crossroads that you must take. But you arent the only one here for the prize...

You can take the doors out or leave them in as you see fit. Add 4 random glyphs on the map, 2 on the highest lava field pieces and 2 directly behind the outside towers.

This map adds lots of coverage to give melee armies a chance but also provides height for the ranged units to shoot from. Enjoy the carnage...

--------------------------

-- --
--------------------------

Ty G

Back from the dead...
Old November 29th, 2006, 11:49 AM

Check out the battle report for King in the Castle.

Battle Report

Ty G

Back from the dead...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios