Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old September 4th, 2015, 11:47 PM

Johngee has disabled reputation
Re: Savage Take 2! Maryland 11/7/15

Can the TWO 14-figure, 315 point Armies be identical? This would guarantee that I get to use the Army I want, even if I have to play against a mirror image of it. Nothing in the description above says that I can't...

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 5th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I suppose you could, yes.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old September 5th, 2015, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
SAVAGE TAKE 2

What: A Heroscape tournament, of course
When: November 7, start 1:00, start to wrap up @ 6:00
How much: $5
Format: "Take 2" ~ Players bring 2 pre-drafted 315 point Heroscape army, army size is limited to 14 figures. Before each game, there will be a dice-off, done by the players. The winner of the dice-off chooses first army choice or second army choice. Whoever has first army choice may choose any of the four armies (either of their two or either of their opponent's two). The other player may then choose from any of the other three armies. No separate hex limit; if your army is bigger than 24 hexes you must bring enough terrain (sand/grass/stone) to accommodate it. SoV and C3V permitted. No Marvel, no C3G.
<~snip/snip~>
@Dad_Scaper -
So if my Army included 12x Dumutef Guards and Isamu it would be legal (Less than 14 figures), but only if I brought at least one extra tile for Isamu to stand on (this army would then occupy 25 hexes)? And... it would still be legal if I added a 14th figure as long as it was only worth 5 points and brought with me the additional 1 or 2 hexes for it stand on in the Start Zone? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old September 5th, 2015, 10:18 PM

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yes. That's a standard feature of figure-count armies.

edit: In the incredibly unlikely situation in which you bring *two* oversize armies, please bring enough terrain to accommodate both on the same map.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; September 5th, 2015 at 10:53 PM.
Old September 6th, 2015, 11:34 PM

That's a good point D_S that everyone should be mindful of, but don't worry about me bringing two identical, oversized armies since I only own 12 Dumutef Guards - not the 24 needed for that strategic plunder. I can't think of any other combination that would cause a 14 figure army to spill-over a 24 hex Start Zone. Got any suggestions that I might consider?

Old September 7th, 2015, 12:20 AM

I am quite sure, John, you are more capable than I of spitting out a string of 14-figure, 315 point armies.

= =
Old October 7th, 2015, 12:45 AM

Quote:
I am quite sure, John, you are more capable than I of spitting out a string of 14-figure, 315 point armies.
I was only thinking about 315 point Armies with less than 14 figures that would also occupy more than 24 hexes. Butt then I remembered that the Grut Ork Swog Riders would work with Isamu too, if I had twelve of them. Alas at last count there's only 8 in my collection.

Any way, bad gnu's for ya...
Quote:
@ Johngee!! What the heck, you big goofball?! You'll need it in November, right???
WRONG! Sorry D_S, My three sons are getting together for a wedding in Philadelphia that day, coming in from different directions. So I've changed my plans to hang out with them in PA. I guess you can scratch my name off the 'Maybe/Possible Attendees List.' Hopefully you'll run another event in the Spring and I'll try to down there for that one.

Old October 7th, 2015, 08:22 AM

Oh, well. Have a good time with your boys.

= =
Old October 11th, 2015, 09:08 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johngee View Post
Quote:
I was only thinking about 315 point Armies with less than 14 figures that would also occupy more than 24 hexes. Butt then I remembered that the Grut Ork Swog Riders would work with Isamu too, if I had twelve of them. Alas at last count there's only 8 in my collection.

Any way, bad gnu's for ya...
Quote:
@ Johngee!! What the heck, you big goofball?! You'll need it in November, right???
WRONG! Sorry D_S, My three sons are getting together for a wedding in Philadelphia that day, coming in from different directions. So I've changed my plans to hang out with them in PA. I guess you can scratch my name off the 'Maybe/Possible Attendees List.' Hopefully you'll run another event in the Spring and I'll try to down there for that one.
Ideally, there will be an event earlier than that! I've missed the last two!
Old October 12th, 2015, 06:56 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Ideally, there will be an event earlier than that! I've missed the last two!
Well that's because you are a slacker.

CatScaper is out for this one. Her BFF's mom rescheduled a birthday party around our Halloween trip to NYC and 11/7 was supposedly the only day she could get the indoor pool. Likely story. She's suspect.
Old October 12th, 2015, 06:55 PM

Ok, I've updated the OP by removing some names () and adding one ().

There are a few guys I'd particularly like to hear from: @OverEngineered , @pieface! , @clancampbell , @davidtheterp , @Nobody . Also I hope @Crichton will be able to join us. Fingers crossed.

= =
Old October 13th, 2015, 10:41 PM

OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker OverEngineered knows what's in an order marker

Hey! Thanks for tagging me, DS!

Put me down as maybe, but I will probably be there. My mother-in-law is flying in on that day and I'm not yet sure when her plane lands or if my wife needs me around. My wife already gave me a tentative "yes".

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events