Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 17th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Savage Reverse the Whip 5/16 (Savage, Maryland, that is)

I hope you do, too, and I hope you had better luck than I did registering for events at GC.

Congrats to @clancampbell for going out (?) on top! Clan had announced previously that this would be his final tournament, but he's been undone by our regional rule, which is that whoever takes home the Golden Viking trophy must bring it back and compete in the following tournament. So. Will Clan be back? We'll see.

Thanks to all for coming. A post-tourney report is coming. I may just stick it in this thread; I feel like the second thread adds clutter unnecessarily.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old May 17th, 2015, 10:33 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

I just got home from Maryland about and hour and a half ago. Great times, good seeing everyone. Too bad my army did just as well in other people's hands as it did in mine.

Old May 17th, 2015, 10:35 PM

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

TW, I had so much fun with your army. It totally made my day. I won, and I was playing Khosumet!

= =
Old May 24th, 2015, 11:50 PM

Oops! Totally forgot to wrap this up.

Here are the final standings, presented - in honor of Mr. David Letterman - reverse order:

11. Gary 0-2 0-2 (Warforged x3, Shiori)
10. @hivelord#4 0-3 (Zetacron, O. Snipers x2, Raelin RotV, Erevan)
9. @CatScaper 1-2 (Venoc Warlord, Aubriens x5)
8. @legosofbleakewood 2-2 (Deathcommander Mark 3, Zettian Infantry x2, Deathwings x4)
7. @pieface! 2-2 (Emirroon, Chardris, Arkmer, Ulginesh, Warrios of Ashra x2)
6. @Taeblewalker 2-2 (Anubian Wolves x5, Khosumet)
5. @Xanth 2-2 (Braxas, Atlaga, Marcu, Cyprien)
4. @Gurei-Ornery 2-1-1 (Spartacus, Glads x2, Gladiatrix x2, Isamu)
3. @Dad_Scaper 2-1-1 (Mohicans x4, Taelord)
2. KidScaper 3-1 (Roman Archers x5, Raelin RotV, Thorgrimm)
1. @clancampbell (Moltenclaw, Mimring, Marro Warriors, Iskra, Retchets)

It was a strange day. It featured a tie between myself & G-O, and TW's Anubian Wolves were the only army that went undefeated all day long.

Thanks, all, for coming!

= =
Old May 25th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This tournament was a blast. So thanks again to Dad_Scaper for putting it on for us.

It's been a good long run with Heroscape, and shortly before the event I made the very tough decision to sell my collection. I haven't yet sold it but I'm working on it. So if this was to be my last ride so to speak, I was going to have fun with it.

My army selection was tough. The reverse the whip format is such that you want to build a tough army to see you through the early rounds, but not so tough that you can't beat it in the later rounds. So with that in mind I went about army selection. I was not really sure of what to take, when my lovely wife (who knows nothing about the game aside from what the pieces look like) suggested that I should, "take a dragon......or two, and build a support force around them from there." So working off that theory, and my own play what you've never played before theory, I selected Moltenclaw. After fiddling around with a few other ideas, I decided why take one fire breathing dragon, when you can have two! So Mimring took his place beside his red kin. Then it was time to fill out the ranks. The Marro Warriors are always a good choice. A 4 man ranged squad is never a bad thing. The last 100 points were a bit tricky but I decided to throw caution to the wind and take Iskra and the Retchets. If Iskra is taken out early, you lose the ability to summon her pets, but a summoning at the right time can change the game. With the army filled out it was time to head to the event.

Round 1 vs. Catscaper
Cat is a good player, and has learned alot in her short time playing. Her army, with all it's frenzy potential, scared me. I've heard stories of a hot D20 wiping out most of the competition before the other player gets a chance. I just had to hope her D20 would be cool. I started out with Moltenclaw while Cat sent out the archers. It took a few rounds to position and Cat sent forth two squads of archers instead of just one. I thought that was an interesting strategy. Perhaps she wanted to empty her start zone and avoid the fire lines. Moltenclaw for his part burned his way through her archers, while taking only slight damage. On the intiative switch I reasoned that the red dragon would probably die, so I activated Mimring, and sent him around the main fray towards her start zone. This plan worked as Cat continued to fire at Moltenclaw, ignoring his dragon counterpart. I was very lucky up to this point, her D20 had failed to produce any frenzy results, and I was was rolling excellent defense for Moltenclaw. Mimring burned the start zone and took out 3 archers and put a wound on the Venoc warlord. Moltenclaw finally died, but Mimring pressed the attack, burning the poor elves where they stood. With just a few figures remaining, I sent out Iskra. She summoned the Retchets and they finished off the warlord and the remaining elves.
1-0 a good start.

Round 2 vs. pieface
I thought his choice of the elven wizards along with some Ashra was an interesting selection. I've seen the elven wizard pod do really well, though not at such a small point value. I started with Mimring to give the elves the hot foot, and managed to eliminate Chardris almost from the start. I then left Mimring in the way to serve as a sort of roadblock, and activated the Marro. They were successful at sniping Ulginesh after a few rounds. From there it was cleanup. The elves without their lynchpin fell one by one.
2-0, what will happen after the switch?

Round 3 vs. Taeblewalker
I must admit, I had some misgivings at playing TW's army against my own. I thought that my fire breathing dragons would prove too much for TW's hoard of wolves. Such is the format though, and we trudged ahead. I was able to take advantage of the copious amounts of road on the map, as well as a few lucky intiative switches to gain advantage. Also a hot D20 on my part helped throw a bunch of attack dice. Attack of 8, ouch! Lady luck was on my side for this match!
3-0.

Round 4 vs. Gurei-ornery.
Luck plays a huge part in this game. Good dice rolls, can turn the tide of any match. Luck for me this time was not meeting GO's force in the earlier rounds where I would have had to face it. Had that happened, I don't belive I would have won this tournament. Indeed, GO's army was one, that like I mentioned earlier, was probably too good for this format. GO is a great player, but I think the army match did him no favors.
4-0 tournament win!

So if this was to be my last, I certianly went out with a bang. Will I return,.....................................................

72 tournaments. 173 - 142 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

My goal, play every official 'scape unit in a tournament at least once. 149 down, 55 to go!
Old June 2nd, 2015, 05:20 PM

shaugville is surprisingly tart

clancampbell,

Greetings from England.

I wanted to say how much I have enjoyed the tournaments you have organized over the years, and how much I have enjoyed playing against both you and Xanth.

I remember getting demolished by you in my first ever tournament game, upstairs at the old location of Games and Stuff in Glen Burnie.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=19739

I think I was trying to use Theracus to "bus" my Elf Wizards up to the top of a bridge, and getting a only about a third of them up there before being overrun by your Marro.

I also remember that time you came down to the tournament I "organized" in Savage all those years ago, when those RtFF trees blew out of the back of your truck on the way down. And you still managed to do much of the actual organizing of the individual rounds for that tourney.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=22020

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=22694

And of course, I always enjoyed immensely those tourneys you ran.

Anyway, I hope you do return, if not to Heroscape, then to something similar.

There is not much Heroscape here in England, other than my own, so I have moved into Star Wars (X-Wing and Imperial Assault) and Dice Masters.

Stephen

11 tournaments: 24-25 record (4-1 2-2 2-3 3-2 2-2 2-3 3-2 2-3 2-2 2-2 0-3)

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events