Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old April 20th, 2020, 12:15 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 1] UKUSHISA PRIDE (Blazing Firecats) - Design

COMBINED HEAT - It's in the power name. Thematically units with Lava Resistance are usually hotter than other units, so UKUSHISA PRIDE can use that heat, similar to coals in a fire, or running hot water back though the same hot pipes. I guess Iron Golem break that theme as they are not necessarily hotter themselves just immune to heat, but kinda still makes sense in my mind. Take or leave my suggestion, maybe I am trying to force synergy where none is needed, but IMHO it make sense.

LR Figures:
Old April 20th, 2020, 12:22 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
COMBINED HEAT - It's in the power name. Thematically units with Lava Resistance are usually hotter than other units, so UKUSHISA PRIDE can use that heat, similar to coals in a fire, or running hot water back though the same hot pipes. I guess Iron Golem break that theme as they are not necessarily hotter themselves just immune to heat, but kinda still makes sense in my mind. Take or leave my suggestion, maybe I am trying to force synergy where none is needed, but IMHO it make sense.

LR Figures:
Some Lava Resistant figure are hot (Fire Elemental, Obsidians), but many are not. I don't see Brunak, Iron Golem, Moltenclaw, or Shurrak as radiating heat. Lava Resistant doesn't mean "hot," it means resistant to heat.
Old April 20th, 2020, 01:57 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I can reasonably see 7/1/3/3 for these kitties if you want to keep them cheap. I can also see up to +1A and +2D if you want them to be stronger.

If you wanted to go even more glass cannon, base 4A and 2D will paint them similarly to the Kozukes.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old April 20th, 2020, 02:23 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
If you wanted to go even more glass cannon, base 4A and 2D will paint them similarly to the Kozukes.
Personally I'd prefer the menacer route, but leaning towards shark to keep the cost down. I like (with the original unbounded Combined Heat bonus):

Move: 7
Range: 1
Attack: 3
Defense: 4

Cost 90ish
Old April 25th, 2020, 08:02 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm a little concerned about making another 3-man, melee, beefy stats squad when the Velnesh are already sitting in that area. I'm happy with those stats for this direction though.

Any better names than Combined Heat? How about Ukushisa Bonfire?
Old April 26th, 2020, 05:48 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

I am happy with this direction. What about Ukushisa Inflame or Ukushisa Inferno for a name.

Long live heroscape
Old April 26th, 2020, 04:18 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

So do we all agree on this then:

Cost ~90

UKUSHISA [HEAT, BLAZE, FLAME, INFERNO]
When attacking or defending with an Ukushisa Pride, add one additional die if that Ukushisa Pride is adjacent to at least one other Ukushisa Pride.

LAVA RESISTANCE
Old April 26th, 2020, 04:37 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm in favor of +1 for each adjacent Ukushisa. I believe Scytale is as well. We can adjust that in testing if that's too fiddly a benefit to be worth trying for, I think either version of the power is workable.
Old April 27th, 2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I'm in favor of +1 for each adjacent Ukushisa. I believe Scytale is as well. We can adjust that in testing if that's too fiddly a benefit to be worth trying for, I think either version of the power is workable.
Yes, those stats were suggested with +1 for each in mind.
Old May 1st, 2020, 03:22 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Not a bad power. Simple enough that it seems like it’s a Master Set Power. I like it.
Old May 13th, 2020, 12:33 PM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

Cost ~90

When attacking or defending with an Ukushisa Pride, add one additional die if that Ukushisa Pride is adjacent to at least one other Ukushisa Pride.

LAVA RESISTANCE
Are we happy to progress on this.

Long live heroscape
Old May 13th, 2020, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
Quote:

Cost ~90

LAVA RESISTANCE
Are we happy to progress on this.
No, not quite. I prefer this version at this statline:

When attacking or defending with an Ukushisa Pride, add one additional die for each adjacent Ukushisa Pride.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs