Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 21st, 2019, 04:33 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
We watched the first 2 episodes of The Witcher tonight. Really liked it.

Never played the video game, although I've watched a friend play it at his house a few times. Nor do I have any other experience with it if there are books or anything connected to the franchise, but I did end up watching the whole series yesterday. I found it to be quite good. They really covered quite a bit of story/history of the main characters in this first season. Now season two is all set up and I'm eager to watch it as well.

*oh yeah, it's NSFW/adult content for those who care*
We have no experience with any other Witcher material, so we are going in as noobs to it all. I had wanted to check it out when I had heard about it, as I like the fantasy genre, but was happy when my wife brought it up to watch. We watched it with our twin daughters, who will be 17 in February. They are fine with the stuff through the first 2 episodes so far as far as adult stuff.

Yeah, I was interested in it due to my general interest in fantasy stuff. Wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, but it turned out to be quite good IMO.

Spoiler Alert!
Old December 21st, 2019, 06:26 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
We watched the first 2 episodes of The Witcher tonight. Really liked it.

Never played the video game, although I've watched a friend play it at his house a few times. Nor do I have any other experience with it if there are books or anything connected to the franchise, but I did end up watching the whole series yesterday. I found it to be quite good. They really covered quite a bit of story/history of the main characters in this first season. Now season two is all set up and I'm eager to watch it as well.

*oh yeah, it's NSFW/adult content for those who care*
We have no experience with any other Witcher material, so we are going in as noobs to it all. I had wanted to check it out when I had heard about it, as I like the fantasy genre, but was happy when my wife brought it up to watch. We watched it with our twin daughters, who will be 17 in February. They are fine with the stuff through the first 2 episodes so far as far as adult stuff.

Yeah, I was interested in it due to my general interest in fantasy stuff. Wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, but it turned out to be quite good IMO.

Spoiler Alert!
Thanks for the heads up YK.

One thing I really appreciated, even in the 2 episodes so far, is how every character no matter how much screen time they had, seemed well done and you get a lot character out of them.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 30th, 2019, 08:07 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Just finished The Expanse season 4 and Dark season 2.
Old January 6th, 2020, 01:07 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Enjoyed the first season of The Mandalorian. I recognized some of the creative people, including some who worked on the animated The Clone Wars. Even Darth Disney can do it right if it leaves the creators alone, like Marvel, but not like Star Wars or John Carter!
Old January 6th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

My wife and I finished The Mandalorian as well. We enjoyed it. Probably one of the best scenes of any Star Wars movie/show, was the one with the 2 scout troopers in the last episode of The Mandalorian. Great stuff there.

We also finished The Witcher as well and really enjoyed that as well.

Old January 6th, 2020, 03:38 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, the Scout Troopers sitting around waiting was some of the best SW banter in a long time.
Old January 6th, 2020, 05:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Yeah, the Scout Troopers sitting around waiting was some of the best SW banter in a long time.
It was great. Made them actually seem like people under that armor, instead of just suits of armor moving around.

Old January 19th, 2020, 01:04 AM
Prickly Cactus

Tonight I watched a movie called Triple Frontier, with Ben Afleck. Decent movie.

Then I was looking for something else to check out on Netflix, and found a series called Dracula. I believe there are 3 episodes so far, or maybe only 3 episodes in season 1. Regardless, I just finished the first episode, which is an hour and a half, and I really liked it. I've never read Bram Stoker's original Dracula novel, so I don't care about maintenance of source material. I just thought this first episode at least, was very interesting. It's creepy, gross, disturbing and even funny at times.

Old January 19th, 2020, 01:37 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I've been tempted to watch that one. I didn't get the sense it was supposed to be based on the source material (maybe very, very, very loosely), so I don't think you're missing anything.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 19th, 2020, 02:32 AM
C3G Landlord

I lost interest by the end of Triple Frontier. Too many bad luck breaks happen in a row to those guys. I might check out Dracula at some point though, thanks!
Old January 19th, 2020, 04:49 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Just finished up the final season of game of thrones. The ending was ok, but it really could have been done with a little more pizazz. There were so many cool battles throughout the life of the show that the end felt a little shortchanged. Glad I got to finish it though. Ive also been watching more of The Office again. I swear Ive probably watched that entire series at least 10 or 11 times through. I can quote pretty much anything from it. Its just funny and entertaining enough for me that I can be doing other things while enjoying it in the background. I mainly watch it, or listen to it while painting or building things for my tabletop games.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old January 19th, 2020, 04:19 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
I've been tempted to watch that one. I didn't get the sense it was supposed to be based on the source material (maybe very, very, very loosely), so I don't think you're missing anything.
I saw some titles of some reviews and got the sense that it was an issue for some people. Though, I haven't seen the 2nd and 3rd episodes that round out the 1st season, so I'll see how those go. But I definitely liked the firstepisode.

Quote:
I lost interest by the end of Triple Frontier. Too many bad luck breaks happen in a row to those guys. I might check out Dracula at some point though, thanks!
Yeah, those guys had a rough go of it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV