Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old June 6th, 2019, 01:24 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Kickstarter: What game(s) are you currently Kickstarting

I DID think you were making a joke! Thought it was entirely card based. Shows what I know!

Gloomhaven continues to be a dominant force in my gaming.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 6th, 2019, 01:46 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Not mine, but here they are. They're a little more than half the size of a HS figure. Crazy tiny!

Gloomhaven is fantastic. Lots to paint there too.
Old June 6th, 2019, 01:55 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's pretty cool.

Heh, my Gloomhaven is decidedly unpainted. I'm having enough trouble assembling my Shadows of Brimstone stuff ....

Did just get the Gloomhaven small expansion for my birthday, though! Looking forward to trying that when my travels are done.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 18th, 2019, 03:02 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

I just learned about and pulled the trigger on the Preorder for Swords and Sails. Its an empire builder set in 1000 A.D. Europe (and the Middle East plus North Africa). The unusual player factions are Byzantine Empire, Fatimad Caliphate, Kievan Rus, Holy Roman Empire, North Sea Empire (Vikings United), England, and France. 'Minor Nations' include Ireland, Algeria/Morocco, Spanish Leon, Poland, Hungary, and Bulgaria.

The Preorder gives you all the original Kickstarter prices, but won't be available much longer, as the game should be at GenCon for retail sales as well. The games are on the ocean now, and I should get mine late July/early August. (Edit): on the Kickstarter, "Preorder" has now been changed to "Late Backers."

This is the Second Edition of a design that has been in development for six years. It has lots of interesting unique features, and super extra add-ons such as beautiful historical metal coins (this will be my first set), originally a separate KS themselves, a giant scroll map, and etc.

The game has now landed and is expected to ship August 1! Whoever heard of discovering and backing a Kickstarter, and having it drop into your lap two weeks later? Whew!

I just got the PnP for the Minor Nations.

Last edited by chas; July 28th, 2019 at 07:38 AM.
Old July 27th, 2019, 09:52 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I am not backing this one (I have an aversion to spending more than around $40 or $50 on a single kickstarter or I would be all-in), but I thought y'all might be interested in it.

My buddy told me about it and I think it looks really cool.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 27th, 2019, 11:16 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I am not backing this one (I have an aversion to spending more than around $40 or $50 on a single kickstarter or I would be all-in), but I thought y'all might be interested in it.

My buddy told me about it and I think it looks really cool.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...udvang-legends
It looks pretty cool. Out of any kickstarters Ive done I can say that CMON doesnt dissapoint. Ive backed 5 pledges from those guys and though 1 of them was a little late they were pretty cool. Im still working on painting them all. They all held tons of plastic models that were great. This one looks to be in a similar boat. My problem is that I dont have time to play what I have and not nearly enough time to paint all of them. Only kickstarter Ive done that I can say has been a regret would be Darksouls the board game. Granted I did recieve the core game but the stretch goals are going on 3 years late. They appear to still be working on it say thats positive but cant say Im much into doing kickstarters much any more. I was tempted by a few.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 28th, 2019, 08:20 AM

I have a new buddy who has Dark Souls. He verified what I heard: the fights with the bosses are pretty cool, but the rest is fairly lackluster.

I'd love to see what that game did really well (the cool, programmed boss fights) lifted into another game that's more well-rounded.

Trudvang Legends does look pretty cool. I'm not sure what game space it'd fill for me that Gloomhaven doesn't already occupy, but to be fair I didn't watch the video with sound on ....

Old July 29th, 2019, 12:13 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I will be kickstarting Sleeping Gods.

Old July 29th, 2019, 01:32 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I have a new buddy who has Dark Souls. He verified what I heard: the fights with the bosses are pretty cool, but the rest is fairly lackluster.

I'd love to see what that game did really well (the cool, programmed boss fights) lifted into another game that's more well-rounded.

Trudvang Legends does look pretty cool. I'm not sure what game space it'd fill for me that Gloomhaven doesn't already occupy, but to be fair I didn't watch the video with sound on ....
Me and a couple of my brothers played through it a few times when I first got the core set. It wasnt bad. It was kind of a grind though. We died quite often til we could level enough to beat the scenarios. We were going to play it some more once I got the rest of it. That was a few years ago though and Im not sure how much interest there will be if/when I finally get the rest of my pledge. Trudvang legends looks cool and as always the minis of cmon games are usually beautiful as well. My problem is actually getting the stuff to the table that I already own so thats why I dont generally kickstart anything anymore.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 29th, 2019, 08:11 AM

I hear that! I have way too much unplayed stuff.

Old August 1st, 2019, 05:52 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Eric Lang makes me want to back that, but I also can't get everything to the table currently.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

RIP George Perez
Old August 1st, 2019, 06:31 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

From CMON

Looks pretty cool

@chas

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games