Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old January 28th, 2012, 08:33 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape's Very First ONLINE Tournament!

FINAL STANDINGS
  1. Kinseth (4-0)
  2. lefton4ya (3-1)
  3. dok (3-1)
  4. CEE (3-1)
  5. Bengi (3-1)
  6. Charr21 (2-2)
  7. sixthflagbearer (2-2)
  8. SoA (2-2)
  9. Filthy (2-2)
  10. Fi Skirata (2-2)
  11. Garanex (2-2)
  12. Robber (1-3)
  13. Izner (1-3)
  14. Ninja Status (1-3)
  15. AwesomeJ (1-3)
  16. Megapower999 (0-4)
Congrats to Kinseth and thanks to everyone for participating.
Old January 29th, 2012, 09:01 AM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Just wondering,Couldn't you have thunderstepped to Raelin?
That would have been the ideal move given the current situation. Unfortunately for sixthflagbearer, there were pine trees in the way blocking Eltahale's clear line of sight to Raelin.
Old January 31st, 2012, 01:32 PM

bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker bamoguy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
FINAL STANDINGS
  1. Kinseth (4-0)
  2. lefton4ya (3-1)
  3. dok (3-1)
  4. CEE (3-1)
  5. Bengi (3-1)
  6. Charr21 (2-2)
  7. sixthflagbearer (2-2)
  8. SoA (2-2)
  9. Filthy (2-2)
  10. Fi Skirata (2-2)
  11. Garanex (2-2)
  12. Robber (1-3)
  13. Izner (1-3)
  14. Ninja Status (1-3)
  15. AwesomeJ (1-3)
  16. Megapower999 (0-4)
Congrats to Kinseth and thanks to everyone for participating.
Sorry everyone my life got crazy this last week. Thank you Dok for doing the standings.

On a final note, I would like to thank everyone for participating and some more specific people like Griffin for the original skype system, Kinseth for figuring out Googlescape, Filthy for putting together that AmAzInG application, and everybody else who worked so hard to make this tournament run as soon as possible. I am dissapointed that some people did not get to do games because of time and things like that, but hopefully more planning when the next one comes around will prevent this. Thank you all once again, and I hope to see many of you at Heroscape's Very Second ONLINE Tournament, but that is a little ways down the road. It's time for me to take a break from Heroscape and focus on some other things for now. I greatly enjoyed running this and it has been a pleasure.

Hope you all have a good one,
Bamoguy

Play Minecraft or video games? Check out Blu.Dot Productions on Youtube
Play 40K? Check out Bamogames on Youtube
Old February 1st, 2012, 11:25 AM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Before I gave it it's own thread, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a monthly (smaller) HeroSkype tournament. Being smaller, it would allow for it to be done over one weekend (I am hoping) and that would allow the big tournaments like Heroscape's Very Second ONLINE Tournament to be maybe every couple of months (to give people breaks). I figured it made since to post about this here, since I am not sure there would be enough interest to go ahead and start another thread right now (but if I get a couple of replies on the matter then I will give it its own thread).

PS: Can't wait for the second big Heroscape tournament Bamoguy!
Old February 1st, 2012, 02:31 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I'd do a monthly game. There is the weekly Googlescape league, but that is too much for me during the school year, so monthly is fine.
Old February 1st, 2012, 02:34 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I was also thinking that each month (this first one would just have armies using Classic, C3V, and SoV), different things could be done, such as one month having C3G and Marvel, while the next might have a combination of Classic and HoSS.
Old February 1st, 2012, 02:40 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

I am contemplating running the second tournament. And having it 5 rounds, each round is a different map. Everyone knows the maps ahead of time, though you dont know what order they will be in until the tournament starts.

So Everyone plays the same map round 1 etc... Glyphs are the same for each map.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 1st, 2012, 02:52 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Bengi's league has, in my opinion, introduced several good improvements to the online tournament structure from what we did here:
  • One map with one set of glyphs for each round. Since we're playing online, not setting up maps at a physical location, we can standardize this.
  • Different formats and armies week-to-week. Again, we have a full week to go to our collections and drag figures out, there's no reason to play the same army over again. The only exception is for reverse the whip play.
  • A clear and simple schedule: get 1 game in per week. Not every concept has to be that simple, but it's been nice and easy to keep track of.
Vegaslen has talked about expanding Bengi's league concept to multiple divisions with a promotion/relegation system. This would be really cool, although it might not be completely practical until we have a larger group of people that have proven they can get their games in regularly. I'd like to avoid us spreading too thin with a ton of different leagues/events unless there's so much demand that it has to happen.

As it stands, how many people can really commit to regular online play? We had multiple dropouts in the last tournament. The current league has been better, with only one person really having trouble getting his games in, but that's still only 7 people.
Old February 1st, 2012, 03:34 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
As it stands, how many people can really commit to regular online play? We had multiple dropouts in the last tournament. The current league has been better, with only one person really having trouble getting his games in, but that's still only 7 people.
Count me in. On that note, we probably need a somewhat-rigid time limit for games. If a game is not played by a certain time stamp/date, then the winner is determined by a d20 roll. This obviously skews legitimate results, but should provide motivation to play the game...Or at least keep everyone else on track.
Old February 1st, 2012, 03:44 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Quote:
Count me in. On that note, we probably need a somewhat-rigid time limit for games. If a game is not played by a certain time stamp/date, then the winner is determined by a d20 roll. This obviously skews legitimate results, but should provide motivation to play the game...Or at least keep everyone else on track.
WHat if you are available 6/7 nights, but the only night the opponent can play is the one night you are not available? I don't like that D20 system.

I do like being specific with timeframes and expectations on when the games need to played.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old February 1st, 2012, 03:53 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

I'd like to see one "league" where some people can play weekly and others can ad-hoc join various weeks. The only issue is that people would have to give a weeks notice and that matches could not be set more than one week in advance. This could kinda be like Rolling Rumble in an online format where matchups are done kinda on-the-fly, and you would have to change the methods to do rankings, which I guess is best at:
  1. Wins-Loss
  2. Winning %
  3. SOS based on opponent's total Win-Loss record
Putting Win-Loss ranked first gives an edge to those who play more games than if wining % was ranked higher. However, having a different format/map/etc each week assures no one can play more than once a week, but encourages people who can only play some weeks to be able to play every now and then. Also, if for some reason 2 players have to postpone their game, they don't have to hold up everyone else and can just do it the next week, either in the originally planned week's format, or in the format for the week they actually play the game.

I will repost this in the Googlescape league thread and we can continue the discussion there.
Old February 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post

WHat if you are available 6/7 nights, but the only night the opponent can play is the one night you are not available? I don't like that D20 system.
The point is to remove any barriers that slow down the tournament for other participants, while still allowing for the maximum number of participants. My "solution" was just a quick throw-out, but I think that you get the point.

I like the sound of LeftOn's Rolling Rumble-style format, as it appears to address both problems: 1) what do to when a game can't be finished on time and 2) attract the maximum number of participants, including those with limited availability.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events