Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics
Comics Not Heroscape or Marvel Heroscape.

Notices

Old February 13th, 2016, 07:29 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Exhibits About Comic Heroes

Last night here in NYC I went to a show at The New York Historical Society, which is right across the street south of the Museum of Natural History. There was a great small show on Superheroes. Although I didn't learn much new myself, there were some great artifacts, some of which had never been shown outside of Washington D.C. where they are housed. For anyone around, its closing next weekend.

*The Batmobile from the ABC-TV show. Yeah, the real thing, up close and personal. I loved the silly Bat labels in it, such as the most prominent one, "Emergency Bat Turn Lever."

*Julie Newmar's original Catwoman costume from the same show. Meow!

*George Reeves original Superman suit from the older TV show, "wool and cotton." This was my favorite, because I'm old.

*Some original Steve Ditko's art panels from Spiderman #1. I always loved his work, although some said he couldn't draw feet.

*Mort Weisinger's daughter. She happened to be in the crowd, so I met her briefly. Your mileage may vary.

*Old Foreign comics. In French, Golden Age Wonder Woman wondered why she felt nervous at Liberty Island in front of the Statue to the (Mercury helmeted) Flash. I used to work there as a Park Ranger trainee when I was in college back in the Seventies.

*A full size Captain America shield, like the one Steven Colbert had on his old show; this one signed by Stan Lee.

*Lots of other cool stuff, such as videos of old cartoons and TV shows. The three or so small rooms focused on Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Spiderman, and Captain America. Lots of comic related knick knacks in the gift shop too.

This lesser known space in NYC has many other neat exhibits, permanent and temporary, from old toy trains and figures going 'way back to, this time, a theater curtain by Picasso and some old computer exhibits from the old 1962 World's Fair (which I went to 12 times). If you've already seen most of the major sites in the Big Apple, this is a fun place to visit on a repeat trip. Usually its $20 admission, but Friday nights is Pay What You Wish, so I paid $1.
Old February 13th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Titleless

Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth Grishnakh is a man of the cloth
Re: Exhibits About Comic Heroes

Great information Chas! We might have to check that out. They had an antique board game exhibit a while back. Missed that one.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics