Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old June 17th, 2019, 06:05 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Public Design Workshop

Looks like a fun addition to the Lanterns.
Nokian?
Old June 17th, 2019, 06:09 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

On the Scream guy I'm not sure if you want to draft him into an Insane army or not, the blank power is really good to have on your own figure. I think I might move the Scream Die around a bit more often than just waiting for the figure to be destroyed, maybe after just taking a wound the Scream Die is returned and you have to go drop it onto someone again. Don't know the theme though.
Old June 17th, 2019, 07:02 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

I'm not sure how I feel about reusing Tribal Teleportation - that's pretty much Indigo-1's big deal, and it's a competitively concerning power (I've heard anyway) - is there something you could replace it with which doesn't leave Indigo-1 feeling less special?

Other than that, love it - Channel Emotional Energy is a really cool power and I'm always delighted to see more Lanterns.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 17th, 2019, 07:21 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Could you instead simply reference people with a Battery marker on their card? Then it only excludes Larfleeze. Plus, that would technically be more theme accurate, as I don't know that he was actually able to channel a powerless ring.

I feel like there's not a whole lot to excluding the Power Battery power, as I don't feel like it is something he could functionally use. You definitely run into a weird interaction with Carol though in that case. Cool direction though!
I excluded Power Battery powers so he wouldn't get double stat boosts from his own Power Stave & powers like Green Power Battery. Referring to Battery markers also hits Jade (good) but Carol is again tricky, since Power of Love offers a straight stat boost per battery marker in addition to the weird Beloved interaction. You'd also have to purposefully exclude other Indigo Lanterns with that option so he couldn't copy those powers.

Then again, considering Blue Lantern Flash & Red Lantern Supergirl are coming, it's possible Power of Love won't even be the most problematic ability to borrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nokian?
I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I'm not sure how I feel about reusing Tribal Teleportation - that's pretty much Indigo-1's big deal, and it's a competitively concerning power (I've heard anyway) - is there something you could replace it with which doesn't leave Indigo-1 feeling less special?
Teleportation is the other big part of Indigos, Munk uses it often to help the other corps in Blackest Night. Removing it is an option but thematically it would be weird if he couldn't do it.

My understanding is that Indigo-1's Indigo Light of Compassion power was the more concerning power, especially since she could also keep her team together with the teleportation (and thus easily use that power). Lowering Munk's number of Battery Markers should be an easy way of keeping his power level down, so he can't do as many tricks before getting drained. I don't really play pods though so I'm not familiar with that playstyle.
Old June 17th, 2019, 07:41 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
On the Scream guy I'm not sure if you want to draft him into an Insane army or not, the blank power is really good to have on your own figure. I think I might move the Scream Die around a bit more often than just waiting for the figure to be destroyed, maybe after just taking a wound the Scream Die is returned and you have to go drop it onto someone again. Don't know the theme though.
I don’t think you’d really want to play him in an Insane army. There might be synergy that works with him, but the point was mostly that my Shade design gets a boost when fighting Insane figures. I wouldn’t even really describe the Scream himself as particularly Insane cause he’s barely even a character, but I don’t think it’s wrong to have him branded that way in-game.

Theme-wise, I’m already stretching things a bit. In the comic he can “infect” very large areas (all of NYC for example) but I limited it to 4 spaces. So I don’t think limiting it to when the figure gets a wound would be too bad. It would neuter the blank option a bit, but that might be a good thing.

One thing I realized just now is that the enemy can pretty effectively neutralize him by just not attacking him so he never goes on the card. Maybe I’ll remove that requirement on placing the die.
Old June 17th, 2019, 07:49 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I would team him with Bane and HQ for bonding and then some firepower, like Punisher and the Hired Guns. If you get the skull, those guys are at +2 Attack. 8 attacks of 4-6 is really good.
I really like the blanket all figures effect. We need more powers like that.
Old June 17th, 2019, 07:50 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:
I don’t think you’d really want to play him in an Insane army. There might be synergy that works with him, but the point was mostly that my Shade design gets a boost when fighting Insane figures. I wouldn’t even really describe the Scream himself as particularly Insane cause he’s barely even a character, but I don’t think it’s wrong to have him branded that way in-game.

Theme-wise, I’m already stretching things a bit. In the comic he can “infect” very large areas (all of NYC for example) but I limited it to 4 spaces. So I don’t think limiting it to when the figure gets a wound would be too bad. It would neuter the blank option a bit, but that might be a good thing.

One thing I realized just now is that the enemy can pretty effectively neutralize him by just not attacking him so he never goes on the card. Maybe I’ll remove that requirement on placing the die.
If he works on that scale, I think it might be more interesting to really go more that route with it. If he's an Event Hero Entity, I feel like it'd be more interesting to have him be someone that feels like he's more affecting the battlefield itself, rather than occasionally popping up to harass people. If I want that, I'd just draft Mxyzptlk. Heck, make him a bit more quest-like a la Infinity Quest Thanos, with the madness increasing until he can be stopped.
Old June 17th, 2019, 07:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Yeah, being an aggressive player the attack bonus from the skull can be pretty attractive even at the expense of a defense die, then auto-wound/area denial of the blank is also really nice, it's just the no-bonding shield that would be the result you wouldn't want to get. 4 out of 6 chances for a positive result makes me want to draft him with the intention of placing the Scream die on one of my own cards.
Old June 17th, 2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If he works on that scale, I think it might be more interesting to really go more that route with it. If he's an Event Hero Entity, I feel like it'd be more interesting to have him be someone that feels like he's more affecting the battlefield itself, rather than occasionally popping up to harass people. If I want that, I'd just draft Mxyzptlk. Heck, make him a bit more quest-like a la Infinity Quest Thanos, with the madness increasing until he can be stopped.
I like that. Could draw inspiration from Ares as well.
Old June 17th, 2019, 08:35 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Quote:
Could you instead simply reference people with a Battery marker on their card? Then it only excludes Larfleeze. Plus, that would technically be more theme accurate, as I don't know that he was actually able to channel a powerless ring.

I feel like there's not a whole lot to excluding the Power Battery power, as I don't feel like it is something he could functionally use. You definitely run into a weird interaction with Carol though in that case. Cool direction though!
I excluded Power Battery powers so he wouldn't get double stat boosts from his own Power Stave & powers like Green Power Battery. Referring to Battery markers also hits Jade (good) but Carol is again tricky, since Power of Love offers a straight stat boost per battery marker in addition to the weird Beloved interaction. You'd also have to purposefully exclude other Indigo Lanterns with that option so he couldn't copy those powers.

Then again, considering Blue Lantern Flash & Red Lantern Supergirl are coming, it's possible Power of Love won't even be the most problematic ability to borrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Nokian?
I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Teleportation is the other big part of Indigos, Munk uses it often to help the other corps in Blackest Night. Removing it is an option but thematically it would be weird if he couldn't do it.

My understanding is that Indigo-1's Indigo Light of Compassion power was the more concerning power, especially since she could also keep her team together with the teleportation (and thus easily use that power). Lowering Munk's number of Battery Markers should be an easy way of keeping his power level down, so he can't do as many tricks before getting drained. I don't really play pods though so I'm not familiar with that playstyle.
It was Indigo-1's teleportation power that got her reevaluated. Not sure that reusing the reevaluated version would be concerning,

On the power-copying, what about something more like.....

Quote:
Indigo-2 may use any special powers on the card of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces that requires that figure to remove a Battery Marker from its card. If the special power refers to that figure or that figure's card, it refers to Indigo-2 or this card instead. If the special power refers to colored Battery Markers, it instead refers to Indigo-2's indigo Battery Markers.
Wording probably isn't quite there, but I like the idea of him strictly lifting the marker-burn powers. Keeps him from copying weird stuff off the deputized superpowered Lanterns, or copying Power Battery-esque powers. (Without tipping my hand too much, there are a couple more unorthodox battery-granting powers waiting in the wings so I don't want to try to key in on that)
Old June 17th, 2019, 08:47 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Ronin, I like that idea a lot. It limits him to the thematic powers and removes any weird interactions as far as I can see. He loses a few neat tricks, but most powers you'd want to copy require burning a marker anyway.
Old June 18th, 2019, 01:06 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's actually something I considered. What if the effects were altered slightly but affected the whole battlefield?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy