Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old October 16th, 2010, 03:15 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Granite-M gets himself a tattoo.

Hey, all! Just wanted to share my tattoo story with everyone.

Earlier this summer, I heard that Stan Lee was going to be at Dragon*Con. After careful consideration, I decided that I was going to get a tattoo to commemorate the occasion. This was my first tattoo and I wanted it to be something pretty special.

This is what happened.

Getting the autograph was pretty awesome. The handler gave us all a briefing beforehand, specifically telling us that, yes, Stand would sign body parts ("certain body parts!"), but to please not try to shake his hand, because he is a very old man, and he doesn't want to get sick. After weeks of explaining to people just what was on my arm, Stan took one look and said "Is that Dr. Doom holding the Cosmic Cube?" I said "Yes, yes it is." He replied "Oh my goodness. Oh, for goodness' sake," and signed my arm with a big smile on his face. Then he shook my hand. Stan Lee is, without question, the coolest guy I have ever met, or am ever likely to meet in the future.

Just to be sure, I had the autograph authentication guy give me certificate indicating that Stan Lee had in fact signed my arm. You can see that here.

On a personal note, I would give two pieces of advice to anyone considering getting a tattoo.

1) It hurts like hell. Anyone who tells you different is full of crap. That said, it's not the worst pain in the world. Less than a bee or hornet sting. About the same as scraping your knee on the sidewalk.

2) Get something that you believe in, and that you're proud of. I am gigantic nerd, and I want everyone to know it. If you're going to pay someone to scar you for life, you'd better love that scar.

Excelsior!

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old October 18th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Granite-M gets himself a tattoo.

Granite,

I am also a huge nerd and would like to congratulate you on one of the coolest (nerdiest) things I've ever seen. Awesome job, sir!
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

I remember you telling me your plans at Game Theory of getting this done, but I didn't believe you would actually do it. :Props:

So does this mean that Stan Lee owns your @ss, or just your arm?
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nerd!

Actually that is pretty freaking cool if you ask me.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You should have them make a tattoo of the autograph before it fades.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Jim, you need to read the details. He did get it tattooed.
Old October 19th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cool tat and very cool Stan Lee experience. You big baby! I got my first 2 tattoos last year and I HATE needles! Both arms done and retouched, about fell asleep on every sitting.

Guess I'm getting back into Scape
Old October 19th, 2010, 01:31 AM

VIRTU knows what's in an order marker VIRTU knows what's in an order marker
Thumbs up Re: Granite-M gets himself a tattoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M View Post

On a personal note, I would give two pieces of advice to anyone considering getting a tattoo.

1) It hurts like hell. Anyone who tells you different is full of crap. That said, it's not the worst pain in the world. Less than a bee or hornet sting. About the same as scraping your knee on the sidewalk.

2) Get something that you believe in, and that you're proud of. I am gigantic nerd, and I want everyone to know it. If you're going to pay someone to scar you for life, you'd better love that scar.

Excelsior!
Actually the level of pain depends on your own personal pain tolerance, and also if your artist is heavy handed. Muscle hurts less than fat, and fat less than bone, but then again that can depend on the person. In no way do tattoos tickle.

Ive been tattooing 13 years and I totally agree with people getting something that they believe in. Something that's meaningful or that captures a memory. Great story! Nice tat!

Old October 19th, 2010, 08:11 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
You're right; I just looked at the picture. I can only offer that it was late when I piosted that.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 20th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Quote:

Excellent Story, G-M. That's one of those things that completely blows away most anyone's story about tattoos. Total awesome sauce.

I have a tattoo in the same exact spot as yours, and it did not hurt at all. Some of us just aren't as "sensitive" as others. I actually found the feeling to be relaxing, and along with the humming, I fell asleep. Mine's a lot more detailed. I would say that the shaders are less noticable than the single needle, though. Now the tat on my forearm, that stung in one spot only, and was indeed less than a bee sting, while not entirely comfortable.

The magic of the "pain" of tattoo resides in the individual and most importantly, the area to be inked. Back of the calves is about as bad as anything I've ever seen...my buddy was biting through his lip.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old October 20th, 2010, 10:27 AM

Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby! Claws of Death rolls all skulls baby!

Hmmm..... cool, very cool. Not that I'd get one.

"People of Gotham! Take control.... take control of your city! THIS.... this is the instrument, of your liberation...."
Old October 20th, 2010, 01:43 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperflyTNT View Post
Quote:

Excellent Story, G-M. That's one of those things that completely blows away most anyone's story about tattoos. Total awesome sauce.

I have a tattoo in the same exact spot as yours, and it did not hurt at all. Some of us just aren't as "sensitive" as others. I actually found the feeling to be relaxing, and along with the humming, I fell asleep. Mine's a lot more detailed. I would say that the shaders are less noticable than the single needle, though. Now the tat on my forearm, that stung in one spot only, and was indeed less than a bee sting, while not entirely comfortable.

The magic of the "pain" of tattoo resides in the individual and most importantly, the area to be inked. Back of the calves is about as bad as anything I've ever seen...my buddy was biting through his lip.
Now that's really getting into "your mileage may vary" territory, because I found the single needle to be a lot less painful than the shaders. Go figure.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General