Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 4th, 2015, 11:43 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: IshMEL's Customs: Updated 6/24/15....with Buffy customs!

I got a game in with Z-Man, the younger son, who wanted to try out an Elemental Army with Kurrok. He had an idea for a "Greater" elemental that would boost the other elementals, and would be switchable mid-battle. Here's what we came up with:

Spoiler Alert!

They worked out pretty well, and I think we'll get to try them out again in a rematch today. I had the advantage of building an army around what I knew he was bringing, and so I drafted Morsbana (my Morsbane-proxy-with-range-added) who Negated his Kurrok which pretty much ended things. A couple of other units got tested in my army: Zalindreh, the Arcane Flame Sprites, and the Wharfang Hunters. A few observations on them:

Zalindreh "doesn't sound like a dragon name," says Z-Man. Here are some alternate names I'm considering with their "meaning", I grabbed them off the interwebz, I think from some old Dragon Magazine issue:

Spoiler Alert!

Also, I'm going to either drop his Defense to 3, or drop it to 2 and give him Evasive 2, if I can fit it on the card.

The Wharfang Hunters proved to be really powerful, with a possible normal attack of 6 from range, boosted with height to 7! I am going to have to make "Telepathic Triangulation" into a Special Attack, and probably drop their defense to 2.

The Arcane Flame Sprites didn't do much, but I'm concerned about "kiting" with them, and with their "Constant Hovering" they will have height advantage more often, so probably I should drop their base defense to 2 and reduce the range to 4.
Old August 4th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Portean Elementals: This guy(s) an interesting addition to the elemental army. I'd have a hard time justifying using him over Kurrok, but if you can squeeze them both it, he'd likely be worth it. I'd probably just have him stay by Kurrok and boost the Elementals with his passive buffs most of the game, though. Particularly for the Fire and Earth buffs.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 5th, 2015, 12:07 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Portean Elementals: This guy(s) an interesting addition to the elemental army. I'd have a hard time justifying using him over Kurrok, but if you can squeeze them both it, he'd likely be worth it. I'd probably just have him stay by Kurrok and boost the Elementals with his passive buffs most of the game, though. Particularly for the Fire and Earth buffs.

~TAF
Thanks TAF!

Played against the Protean Elementals last night.
PEs 120
Kurrok 120
2x each elemental 260

Vs
Blood Demons
Master of the Hunt
Dund
2x Warforged
Isamu

The Blood Demons are one of my customs, here's the card:
Spoiler Alert!

I led off with the Blood Demons who got beat up pretty badly before getting to do anything. Since they bond with Unique Hunters I think it's wiser to scatter them while you move up your Hunters. As you predicted the Protean Elemental just sat in the start zone for the buffs. Fortunately my MoH was able to take him out with some repeated javelin throws from height. I'm thinking of maybe making their elemental buffs contingent on an 8 CSS radius, similar to Kurrok's.

It was my first time with the Warforged and they are a blast to play. Tactical Switch is great fun and they were the MVPs of the game. Also my first time actually playing with Dund! I'd carefully set him up so he could Stare at Kurrok on turn 1 thus assuring complete freedom for an entire round.... And he failed. And then died. Bad doggin, bad!

The Army of the Elements won... this time. Z-man said he really liked the thematic nature of the army. I'm sure we'll see them on the table again soon!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 05:31 PM.
Old September 27th, 2015, 02:53 PM

Whew. Been away from the boards for a while!

So I'm a fan of the Marvel: Agents of SHIELD show (go ahead, snark) and when I saw there were Heroclix of many of the characters, I had to get them. (Plus, they're cheap!) I started sketching out some possible power sets.

I've set this version of the characters early in the show, so the stuff in the following spoiler hasn't happened yet:
Spoiler Alert!

I haven't done stats or points yet, but they'll all have range. I borrowed many special powers from C3G. Will probably aim for a 500 point team for them, but may have to push it up.

Phil Coulson
Jandar
Human
Agent
Loyal

Coulson's Team
At the end of any turn, you may reveal the X Order Marker on this card and immediately take a turn with another Loyal Agent you control. If all Army Cards you control are Loyal Agents, add 3 to your initiative roll.

SHIELD Tactician
All friendly Agents adjacent to Coulson add 1 extra die to their attack, and 1 extra die to their defense.

Close Combat Expert
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

Mostly C&C of course. It's always sort of surprising when Phil goes into combat and you're like yeah, he can still stomp it!
Spoiler Alert!

-------------

Melinda May
Jandar
Human
Agent
Loyal

The Cavalry
Agent May may attack any or all figures adjacent to her. After attacking a non-adjacent figure, Agent May may make an additional attack. Roll each attack separately.

Master Martial Artist
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled, and all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

May: Total Badass. Too much?
-------------
Grant Ward
Vydar
Human
Agent
Loyal

Treachery
After you take a turn with Agent Ward, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 2 or less, choose an opponent. That opponent now controls Agent Ward. Remove any order markers on this Army Card, then give the card to that opponent. For the rest of the game, Agent Ward has the personality of Tricky and follows Utgar.

Close Combat Expert
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, add one automatic skull to whatever is rolled. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

Marksmanship
After moving and before attacking, you may subtract any number of Agent Ward's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die, and add that number to his Range number for this turn.

The stats will have line up for Marksmanship to work. And for you to want to draft him!

Spoiler Alert!

-------------

Jemma Simmons
Einar
Human
Agent
Loyal

Night-Night Gun
If Simmons would inflict any wounds with a normal attack on an opponent's figure, you must instead lay that figure on its side. That figure may not move, attack, or make leaving engagement attacks. That figure is no longer affected by Night-Night Gun at the end of the round, or when an X Order Marker is revealed on its Army Card, whichever comes last.

SHIELD Medic
After revealing an Order Marker on a wounded Human Unique Hero figure you control that is adjacent to Simmons, and before using any other special powers on any Army Card or Glyph, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, remove up to 2 Wound Markers from that Hero's Army Card. If the chosen figure is an Agent, add 2 to your roll.

I feel like I'm underselling Simmons here, she should be inventing some brilliant serum. Night-Night Gun would never pass muster as an official power but it's thematic.
-------------

Leopold "Leo" Fitz
Jandar? Einar?
Human
Agent
Loyal

Night-Night Gun
If Fitz would inflict any wounds with a normal attack on an opponent's figure, you must instead lay that figure on its side. That figure may not move, attack, or make leaving engagement attacks. That figure is no longer affected by Night-Night Gun at the end of the round, or when an X Order Marker is revealed on its Army Card, whichever comes last.

Hacking 13
Before an opponent's Soulborg or Cyborg figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Fitz begins its turn, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, that figure's turn immediately ends.

Improvised Gadget
At the beginning of the round, before rolling for initiative, you may place a combat die on the Army Card of an adjacent Human, Cyborg, or Soulborg hero you control. If the die shows a skull, add 1 to its Attack. If it shows a shield, add 1 to its Defense. If it shows a blank, add 1 to its Move. Remove the die at the end of the round.

Fitz fits better (!) Like Simmons he's not going to take out an army by himself but he's good support.

-------------

Skye
Aquilla
Human
Agent
Loyal

Rising Tide Hacker
Before rolling for initiative, if there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 8 or higher, you may choose an opponent's Army Card and view all unrevealed Order Markers on the chosen card.

Close Combat Training
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, roll one additional attack die. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, roll one additional defense die.

I feel like Skye needs something else, but I'm not sure what. Any ideas?

Last edited by IshMEL; October 5th, 2015 at 12:41 PM.
Old October 9th, 2015, 01:31 PM

OK, so I did some more thinking about the Agents of SHIELD customs.

First, let's take the Melinda May proposed by @Flame_Gryphon here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Gryphon View Post

NAME = MELINDA MAY

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = AGENT
PERSONALITY = DISCIPLINED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = ???

THE CAVALRY
Once per game when an Agent figure you control is destroyed, you may immediately move all Order Markers from that card onto this one. Melinda May rolls one additional attack die when attacking opponents figures for the rest of the round.

CLOSE COMBAT EXPERT

DOUBLE ATTACK
When Melinda May attacks, she may attack one additional time.
I defer to his judgement on her power level, and I like the thematic element to "The Cavalry" power. So let's go with this as a base. Here's the rest of the team.

----------------

Phil Coulson
Jandar
Human
Agent
Loyal

Life 4
Move 5
Range 5
Attack 3
Defense 4

100 points?

Coulson's Team
At the end of any turn, you may reveal the X Order Marker on this card, and either:
* Immediately take a turn with another Loyal or Disciplined Agent hero you control, or
* Choose up to three Agent figures you control. Move the chosen figures up to 4 spaces each. A figure moved by Coulson's Team will take any leaving engagement attacks.

SHIELD Combat Leader
If all Army Cards you control are Loyal and/or Disciplined Agents, add 3 to your initiative roll.

SHIELD Tactician
All friendly Agents adjacent to Phil Coulson add 1 extra die to their attack, and 1 extra die to their defense.

I gave him an extra defense and took out Close Combat Expert. Coulson's Team has an additional option of movement bonding, and could be used with other Agents. Also added "Disciplined" so I don't have to make Ward "Loyal" which just felt strange.

-------------

Grant Ward
Vydar
Human
Agent
Disciplined
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

Points???

Treachery
After you take a turn with Grant Ward, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 2 or less, choose an opponent. That opponent now controls Grant Ward. Remove any order markers on this Army Card, then give the card to that opponent. For the rest of the game, Grant Ward has the personality of Tricky and follows Utgar.

Close Combat Expert

Marksmanship
After moving and before attacking, you may subtract any number of Grant Ward's attack dice from your roll, to a minimum of 1 attack die, and add that number to his Range number for this turn.

I feel like he and May are closely matched combat-wise, so they have the same stats and CCE. I'll have to do the math to figure out what the discount on his points should be for "Treachery" which is basically "Stab In The Back" but with worse odds. (However that does mean higher odds of him defecting back to you!)

-------------

Jemma Simmons
Einar
Human
Agent
Loyal

Medium 4

Life 3
Move 5
Range 4
Attack 2
Defense 3

Night-Night Gun
If Jemma Simmons would inflict any wounds with a normal attack on an opponent's figure, you must instead lay that figure on its side. That figure may not move, attack, or make leaving engagement attacks. That figure is no longer affected by Night-Night Gun at the end of the round, or when an X Order Marker is revealed on its Army Card, whichever comes last.

Field Medic
After revealing an Order Marker on a wounded Human Unique Hero figure you control that is adjacent to Simmons, and before using any other special powers on any Army Card or Glyph, you may first roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, remove up to 2 Wound Markers from that Hero's Army Card. If the chosen figure is an Agent, add 2 to your roll.

Alien Serum
Once per game, instead of attacking with Simmons you may choose a figure within 3 clear sight spaces. If it is a friendly Human Hero, remove all wound markers from its Army Card. If it is an opponent's figure that is not Human, that figure receives one unblockable wound.

"Alien Serum" is basically her Stand Back! I'm Going To Try Science! moment.
-------------

Leopold "Leo" Fitz
Jandar
Human
Agent
Loyal
Life 3
Move 5
Range 4
Attack 2
Defense 3

Night-Night Gun
If Leopold Fitz would inflict any wounds with a normal attack on an opponent's figure, you must instead lay that figure on its side. That figure may not move, attack, or make leaving engagement attacks. That figure is no longer affected by Night-Night Gun at the end of the round, or when an X Order Marker is revealed on its Army Card, whichever comes last.

Hacking 13
Before an opponent's Soulborg or Cyborg figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Fitz begins its turn, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, that figure's turn immediately ends.

Improvised Gadget
At the beginning of the round, before rolling for initiative, you may place a combat die on the Army Card of an adjacent Human, Cyborg, or Soulborg hero you control. If the die shows a skull, add 1 to its Attack. If it shows a shield, add 1 to its Defense. If it shows a blank, add 1 to its Move. Remove the die at the end of the round.

No changes to Fitz.
-------------

Skye
Aquilla
Human
Agent
Loyal
Medium 4
Life 3
Move 5
Range 5
Attack 2
Defense 3

Rising Tide Hacker
Before rolling for initiative, if there is at least one unrevealed Order Marker on this card, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher, you may choose an opponent's Army Card and view all unrevealed Order Markers on the chosen card. If one of those markers is an X Order Marker, you may remove it and place it on any Agent's Army Card you control. Return it to that opponent at the end of the round.

Close Combat Trainee
When attacking an opponent's adjacent figure with a normal attack, roll one additional attack die. When defending against a normal attack from an adjacent figure, roll one additional defense die.

The "steal the X Order Marker" element of "Rising Tide Hacker" was the key synergy change I was looking for. First, there's the bluffing / guessing element of "find the X" that makes it fun. Second, she can give the X to Coulson, who can use it for a second "Coulson's Team" activation. Third, she can prevent a figure from waking up from "Night-Night Gun". "Hacking" as presented on TV is basically our modern version of magic, so why not?

As always, thanks for your input as I "workshop" my customs!
Old October 14th, 2015, 09:45 AM

A few cards I did up over the weekend.

First, the revised Captain M37:
Spoiler Alert!

I changed "Short Range Auto-Load" to a Special Attack instead of the multiple normal attack as it was before, to avoid getting out of hand with height or other boosts. And I dropped the move down to 5 to reduce the kiting issue. (Thanks @Ixe for the pointer on that.)

Next, some cards for my Buffy customs: Angel, Spike, and Giles:
Spoiler Alert!

The Angel card is just a re-themed version of the C3G card. Plus, the extra-broody picture. I did Drusilla but apparently forgot to jpg it, so she'll be coming up soon, along with the Scoobies.

I picked up a couple of Giant Frogs in my Sidewalk Scoop, and I threw together this design.

Giant Frog. 10 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks for taking a look!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Updated frog with lower price, better stats, range of 1.
Old October 22nd, 2015, 07:44 PM

I've finished my cards for my Buffy customs. Hope to get them onto hexes sometime soon!

Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by IshMEL; October 25th, 2015 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Changed Xander's points from 60 to 40.
Old October 27th, 2015, 07:41 AM

A new one I have been working on:

Chain Golem. 100 pts.
Spoiler Alert!

Thanks for taking a look see!

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old October 27th, 2015, 01:43 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

I love the volume and variety of stuff you've got going on here. However, coming so late into the game it's a bit...overwhelming. Do you have any recommendations on your favorites/most unique/best $ for the figures? Just hoping there's a good place to dive in.
Old October 27th, 2015, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpriteMichaeler View Post
I love the volume and variety of stuff you've got going on here. However, coming so late into the game it's a bit...overwhelming. Do you have any recommendations on your favorites/most unique/best $ for the figures? Just hoping there's a good place to dive in.
Hey, it's the Stonehenge guy! Love that map. Welcome to the boards!

Thanks for stopping by, and I'm glad you like my stuff! There are a lot of great customs makers and projects here on the site, and it sure can be overwhelming to read through so many. (Not to mention expensive when you see some you like... and then need to get more...)

As for my customs, where to "dive in" will depend on what you like to play. If you like playing the Axegrinders, there's a bunch of Dwarf Heroes to supplement Mogrimm and Migol; or if you've invested in the VC Mariedians I have made some heroes to go along with them. Etc.

I'd point you to the factions that I've had the most chance to actually playtest. The Specialists are a sort of "Mission Impossible" type group that all play well together, and the figures are pretty cheap Heroclix. And in my "Archons, Golems, and Elementals," Vukanaar, the Flame Wraiths, and the Magma Elementals are fun to play together, and you can get them for a few dollars. (More Golems coming soon!)

I'm also fond of my Plants faction, but not all of them are cheap.

Do let me know if you get any to the table, and what you think! I'm always looking for feedback and suggestions.
Old October 29th, 2015, 02:01 PM

In addition to the new Buffy cards (added to Tales Come To Life), I have added or updated the following cards to their respective groups, and to the Card Index:

Spoiler Alert!

Some of these cards were posted in this thread previously, but now everything is neatly filed away. Not counting my 12 "CheapScape" proxy cards, my card count is now up to 120! And more are, as always, in the works.

Thanks again to this great and inspiring customs community.
Old November 4th, 2015, 11:03 AM

Whipped up this card last night from my backlog:

Spoiler Alert!

Ten Heroscape Points* for the first to identify what figure I've shamelessly ripped off here!

*Not an actual prize. Void where prohibited. Objects in mirror are closer than they appear.

Last edited by IshMEL; March 22nd, 2017 at 05:42 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards