Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old May 7th, 2020, 12:14 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Special Event: Bring the VCheese - R3 thru 05/08/20

Sir Heroscape was able to vanquish the dragonspawn with Nilfheim and the Greenscales. He opened with Marro Warriors and established a good presence on the board with them, killing a couple Cathar, and then switched over to Greenscales. I slowly advanced Marutuk and Cathar, but once Nilfheim got close I went over to straight Marutuk, which may have been a mistake. Round 3 I started out trying to get to Nilfheim, with a route there if I won init, but once I didn't Marutuk was just stifled with no route anywhere. She took 2 wounds from Icy Shard so I just threw a Dismissive Swipe at a Marro Warrior and burnt Kelda. She climbed back into the fray in subsequent turns, and kept hitting her dismissive swipes, but she could not get any attacks. Nilfheim danced all over the board, sometimes out of Raelin's aura but mostly staying in, and as he escaped the Dragonspawn he blasted through the Cathar. I feel I lost maybe a little more Cathar than average, but prolonging the game was certainly in Sir H's interest and he did a great job with it. Marutuk kept me in it by hitting her first 5 dismissive swipes, but she failed a crucial 6th that would have let her swing even ground to Nilfheim. Eventually the Greenscales ran out and I got to swing up at Nilfheim, for a 6/8 skull blow that was met with 3/5 shields and an about average 3 wounds from the play. I needed her to hang on through the Nilfheim 7v4 and the Greenscale hits for one more turn and one more swing, but she died to the final Greenscale attack. I only had 4 Cathar left. I made a hail mary move of throwing a Cathar into engagement with a Greenscale to try to kill Nilfheim by freeing him up, and I got the kill on the Greenscale and rolled 3 skulls, but Nilfheim hung on with 1/5 shields and cleaned out the Cathar.

It was a great game and Sir H played it really well. I do wish that I had taken Heracles instead of Marutuk after my last two games, and really my first as well. He just has a lot more versatility. Not being able to attack small or medium figures if there's a large or huge nearby is a huge handicap.
Old May 7th, 2020, 12:33 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

WOW! What. A. GAME.

That was easily one of the best games of heroscape I've ever played...in a long time. And I don't just mean I feel like I played it well, Vegi was incredible as well. We were both on point tonight and it came down to the wire!

Vegi started out with Marutuk jumping up onto that back hex, just flaunting the dragon skull, biding her time for activation while I ran out early with MW's to try and either get early wounds on Marutuk if she charged or Cathar if they slow rolled. Cathar slow rolled, but LOS blockers made it tough to get a view so I only got off a couple shots, but was able to take out 1 Cathar so that was nice. The next round MW's activated again and were able to get another kill on Cathar after being a little more aggressive, but then they speared back and killed 1. I still went MW's who knocked off a couple more cathar in the process...after which Marutuk finished her taunting and came up to Vegi's side 7-hexer just to play with my mind. And play he did. Over the course of the next round or two he switched back and forth between Cathar and Marutuk, forcing me to have to position myself with Greenies and Nilf to always deny Marutuk an engagement. it was tough, but meticulous placement allowed me to force Marutuk to keep dancing around the edges of my screen Swiping away loyal warrior after warrior. I think she was 6 or 7 out of 8 swipes in the whole game and it made it really tough to plan for when she kept swiping them away. While she danced, I was also able to dance around the map a bit with Nilf and shard Cathar slowly but surely...whittling them down in the hopes of an eventual kill on Marutuk and then cleaning up a few straggling Cathar. But I couldn't count my chickens just yet, I had to deal with the "God Slayer". Nearing the end of the game when I only had 3-4 Greenies left, I was in a precarious situation where even with Dagmar I lost initiative with Marutuk within striking distance...BUT she had to get the swipe. She was unable to and that allowed me to take a more optimal position with Nilf, and Attck with him and the greenies. Unfortunatey I didn't have enough left to completely deny the attack on Nilf...but i did force some disengagements. Then, Marutuk charged. She had 5 wounds on her, but with 8 attack on Nilf she could easily one-shot me. She rolled 6/8. I blocked 3/5 which was incredible. I got to then attack down on Marutuk, rolling 5/7 and she blocked 3/4! so she had 2 life left! i had to kill her or likely lose Nilf next turn. I swarmed with Greenies, all buffed by Nilf and one on height. She blocked the first 2 attacks, then the last attack came in with a 2/4 skulls...and Mara WHIFFED!!! She went down! But it wasn't over yet. I only had Nilf (half life), Raelin (full), 3 Greenies and 1 MW vs about 6 Cathar. Luckily he went all in on Marutuk, so I stole his last 2 OM's and knocked off a couple Cathar, but they weren't finished yet. I went on Dagmar, lost initiative again and he was able to get his Cathar out of the SZ and into position. I used OM 1 to fly Raelin mid-map to catchup, but then he was able to knock off a blocking Greenie and put 2 wounds on Nilf (who was on height and covered by raelin). So I had 1 life Nilf and 2 Greenies. Which, fortunately was just enough. I didn't take any more attacks as I was able to retreat and attack and position Greenies well enough to keep Cathar from reaching Nilf...but it was still tough.

It was an incredible game and felt great to win...but also masterful play by Vegi down to the very end. We kept dancing around each other, poking here and there before the final show down and I was able to just roll 1 skull more to take the kill on Marutuk.

Great game Vegi!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old May 7th, 2020, 11:51 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

In a mildly helpful scheduling, vegie's dad and I are playing either tonight (5/7) or tomorrow night (5/8) starting between 7:30pm and 9:00pm central. Depending on if a toddler bed is delivered for assembly today.

I will edit this post with more clarity later.

EDIT: 8:00pm. Looking to maybe start at 8:15pm with a potential 30 minute break at 9pm

Last edited by kevindola; May 7th, 2020 at 08:58 PM. Reason: clarity :)
Old May 7th, 2020, 11:52 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
In a mildly helpful scheduling, vegie's dad and I are playing either tonight (5/7) or tomorrow night (5/ starting between 7:30pm and 9:00pm central. Depending on if a toddler is delivered for assembly today.

I will edit this post with more clarity later.
I would like more clarity on the toddler assembly.

Dysole and I are planning on a 5:30 PST/ 7:30 CST start time this evening.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old May 7th, 2020, 12:01 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

The install pictures are too graphic
Old May 7th, 2020, 10:00 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It's Over

Boromir won. Hot attack dice meant he kept getting to use wait then fire on my Troopers who couldn't roll defense dice to save their lives (hence why they kept dying). I did manage to kill a Hydra in one round of attacks but it also took 3 troopers down with it. In order to win going in, I knew I needed Boromir from using WTF as often as he did and that's basically what decided the game.

~Dysole, looking forward to the next one
Old May 8th, 2020, 12:45 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

A single life Quahon rolled 4 skulls to kill a 4 life MacDirk to send Anvil Lightning into the Semifinals after my epic game against Vegie's Dad and his Knight build.

It was a very swingy game. I opened with the Marro Warriors who killed 5 knights in the opening 2 rounds with some hot rolling, but some big Dispatch rolls and hot attack dice for the knights killed all 4 marro warriors before they could retreat back for some cloning (causing me a lost order marker)

VD took advantage of the lost order marker to kill a spider and put 2 wounds on Raelin by hopping in the water. I was able to clear out those 2 knights (leaving 9 Knights)

The next round was all posturing as it was discovered that the 2 high spiders could make an unpenetrable wall of non engagement along the water line.

So I spent the next round+ positioning spiders how I wanted them and VD brought in all his knights and Alastair and pushed into the water above the SZ along with pressure along the single attack point on the bridge.

It was a great positional battle, with me forgoing attacks to keep an egagement wall against his heroes and going outside of Raelin to prevent a surge in the north from the Knights and Alastair.

VD's big chance came around an initiative switch where he jumped into the water and closed the gap one move to making landfall into my SZ, Quahon went 0/4 and 1/4 in that time for no kills so I had to keep throwing spiders outside of Raelin to keep him from getting even ground. It worked to stall his heroes from engaging, and finally, just as I was running low on spiders I got a 3 skull zap that cleared the Northern water line.

I had lost 6 spiders in that time before I finally got a kill meaning I was running low. It was 5 spiders vs. 6 knights (and the heroes)

Next round I went 2 skulls and 0 skulls with Quahon, again getting 0 kills in my first 2 order markers. I was also forced to abondon the water strider wall in order to protect Quahon as I was down to 5 arachnids and MacDirk had finally made into my SZ. This allowed the knights to charge the water and kill Raelin and give Quahon a wound. It looked like the end really: Full health Macirk, Gilbert, 6 Knights vs. Quahon, Marcu, 2 spiders.

Quahon zapped a 4 skuller that killed 3 knights, and a spider killed another. (and a wound on Macdirk)

End of Round

Starts to get really wild, as order markers become very tricky for VD with only 2 knights left, and Kelda unused on the board. Alastair was finally in my SZ, but nowhere able to get Kelda.

I win the intiative and fly out of my SZ very far away from Alastair (he is blocked by the spiders and Marcu) and 2 skull blast the Heroes (Gilbert takes 2, but Al blocks).

-Gilbert takes a LEA (3rd wound), to hit Quahon for her 2nd wound. He uses 1 knight to block off Kelda and the other one to attack Quahon but is blocked. (This is a fascinating call to make. Not sure if that was the right play or triple engaging Quahon with another 4v4)

-Quahon puts 2 more wounds on Gilbert (5) and kills a Knight

-A bold Knight order marker and another wild call. VD disengages the 1 life Gilbert.......MISS and takes Kelda for himself. OOF (aside: definitely the right call on OM1 that VD did, since his OM2 is on knights in retrospect to my question)

-Quahon zaps Gilbert for 1

-MacDirk kills a spider

NEXT ROUND
-MacDirk kills the Last Spider
-Quahon with height 7v4 puts 2 wounds on Gilbert
-MacDirk decided not to disengage to make his way over to Quahon and puts 3 wounds on Marcu
-Quahon puts 2 more wounds on Gilbert (9 total :/)
-MacDirk finishes off Marcu
-Quahon kills the 11 life Gilbert

NEXT ROUND
-I win initiative, and now I have a hard decision to make because I am trying to decide if Vegie dad put an order marker on the knight.....finally i decide I have to risk it and kill the knight.

-This kill allows MacDirk to make it to Quahon (the knight was blocking otherwise) and put 1 wound on (3 total). Alastair overextends (2nd wound) and puts 2 more wounds on Quahon (5 total)

-Another tough call, but I disengage (hit for 6th wound) and I get a 7v3...which led to the first sentence of this post.

An amazing game. A huge nailbiter. Thanks so much for the battle vegie's dad. I was very impressed to how you adapted to the engagement style due to the unique height of the spiders and the map setup.

Also I was highly amused by his comment in the game that his knights should have been able to just walk across the spiders to attack me while they were in the level 0 water. spider bridge.

@vegietarian18 Is there somewhere to see the updated picks now that we officially into the Final Four?
Old May 8th, 2020, 04:27 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Round 4 is on Ticalla Sunrise.

The kevindola v. XThorSavageX pool of armies is:
* (Anvil Lightning) Marcu Esenwein, Marro Warriors, Quahon, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Fyorlag Spidersx4
* (NILLY AND THE SCALES ) Me-Burq-Sa, Nilfheim, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Greenscale Warriorsx3
XThorSavageX chooses who places first.

The boromir96 v. Sir Heroscape pool of armies is:
* Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], 10th Regiment of Footx4, Fen Hydra
* (Kill or be Killed!) Marro Warriors, Nilfheim, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Greenscale Warriorsx3
Sir Heroscape chooses who places first.
Old May 8th, 2020, 06:37 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Special Event: Bring the VCheese - Semis until 5/11!

We're scheduled for tonight @ 6:30MST/7:30CST

Quote:
The boromir96 v. Sir Heroscape pool of armies is:
* Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], 10th Regiment of Footx4, Fen Hydra
* (Kill or be Killed!) Marro Warriors, Nilfheim, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Greenscale Warriorsx3
Sir Heroscape chooses who places first.
EDIT: Got the win with a 5-life Nilf and 1 Greenie.

It was a scary game. I tried to run out MW's early to pot shot 10th all day, but only managed to get 2 killed before 2 of them died and I failed my rebirths...so I elected to go all in on Greenies after that. I placed Raelin in a really good spot (imo), where she could cover both the 3hex on sand and the 3 hex near wannock. It gave me some free reign over moving between those regions, but most of the game stayed on the Wannock side anyway. My raelin took 3 early wounds that may have just sealed the game for Boromir, but those final 2 wounds eluded him until the last couple rounds. Having Raelin that long really gave me the assurance that Nilf got knock off 10th on a relatively consistent basis without fear of too many attacks. He took very few. I positined my greenies well enough to block off and to take shots from 10th, and the other shots were focused on Raelin. in the Meantime, I danced Nilf around getting 3 shots off only when I could guarentee Greenies could engage and limit him to only 2 shots on nilf in a perfect world. it worked out pretty well. That forced Boromir to keep replacing without getting too many WTF...though he did do a pretty good job of putting the pressure on by cleaning out Greenies at a regular clip. the game hung in the balance when it came down to a 2-life Rae, 3-life Hydra, 4 10th vs 5-life Nilf, 2 Greenies, 1 life Rae. Boromir finished off Rae and killed 1 Greenie with his 10th, I killed a couple of them, making sure to wall of the Hydra from reaching me with the last greenie, and Boromir was forced to back track to try and draw me in and hope for some good defense rolls then charge in with the Hydra. i took a pretty gutsy move, flew on to wannock, attacked up on Rae, finished her, then rolled 3/4 on the Hydra who proceeded to blank. The game hung by a thread, and for Boromir it snapped pretty abruptly at the end there. if he blocked 2 of those, he's still getting 2 attacks of 4v4 and then still had some 10th after that. but nilf made it pretty clear who was king and cleaned up at the end.

Great game Boromir...you had me thinking hard

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Sir Heroscape; May 8th, 2020 at 11:24 PM.
Old May 9th, 2020, 11:51 AM

GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker GUILD_WARRIOR knows what's in an order marker
Re: OHS Special Event: Bring the VCheese - Semis until 5/12

I watched the second half of this game and I have to ask if Boromir96 forgot he had "reach" with the Hydra? After he killed Sir Heroscape's Raelin there were couple times he could have gotten into range of Nilf with either 4 or 3 lives left on Hydra and still be in range of his Raelin's defensive boost. I know its hard in the middle of the game, and your stressed out trying not to make a mistake, to remember everything a character does. I constantly forget to use skills. I just wanted to remind Boromir and everyone else to check your army cards constantly. It can jog your memory it a tight spot and sometimes turn the game around.
Great game to both and good luck to Sir Heroscape in the final.
Old May 10th, 2020, 12:30 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

Dragon vs. Dragon. Happening Tuesday (5/12) at High Noon (central)

Quote:
The kevindola v. XThorSavageX pool of armies is:
* (Anvil Lightning) Marcu Esenwein, Marro Warriors, Quahon, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Fyorlag Spidersx4
* (NILLY AND THE SCALES ) Me-Burq-Sa, Nilfheim, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Greenscale Warriorsx3

Last edited by Dysole; May 10th, 2020 at 03:56 PM.
Old May 10th, 2020, 03:11 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Special Event: Bring the VCheese - Semis until 5/12

We will see if anyone want to change their vote on the Unit Debate #71 Nilfheim vs Quahon after the semis.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events