Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 22nd, 2019, 03:12 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Savage Land T-Rex (Breather)

I proposed that in sanctum and it was not well received.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 03:29 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Disagree completely. A no power card says, "we wanted to check off a box that says no one has ever made a no power card before" so that is what we did. It is otherwise boring, bland, and serves no purpose. 10 and 15 point common heroes have a power that gives them some game play purpose beyond a generic stats pawn. Generic common squads have a power that gives them some kind of flavor and usefulness. If you want to make a 1 power card where that 1 power is a negative effect, at least that would be interesting. A big empty box next to the stats is just very unappealing to me. If I'm browsing the 800+ cards with interesting text box powers and I see a blank slate where the individual powers are expected to be, I would think the card was incomplete. I most certainly wouldn't spend money to print it out and track down the mini's. That is my 2 cents on the issue.
I'm honestly with Yodaking here. I reckon a T-Rex is too interesting and cool to not have any powers, and blank power text would just look unfinished. I could see doing it as an April Fools unit, like that chap Ronin's been considering in the sanctum, but here? It feels off to me. A T-Rex needs that cool factor, and to be an impressive threat, not to feel unfinished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Here's my defense of a powerless card here - who is this card for? Who is "generic dinosaur" going to appeal to? Dinosaur fans who want to build a dinosaur army. One power, that has negligible strategic relevance, doesn't diminish or undermine their appeal as generic pawns in a dino team-up.

However, the appeal for these guys is going to be minimal IN GENERAL outside of people that really want to go "T-Rex rawr smash smash" and eat Batman. If you're not into dinos, you're not going to be swayed by a "light touch" power on a generic unit.

But if you have a blank card... a card that's a completely blank slate... a card that says "look at my stats, I am going to go eat some fools..." now that's interesting. That's memorable.

A powerless card says more about a T-Rex than any power ever could.
I'm a dino-fan, and I'd be turned off by a no-power card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
There are four current T-Rex, one, Beast Boy is 60, Bob & Carol are 65, how can these generic T-Rex not be 60?

Yodaking's explained Beast Boy pretty well, and Bob & Carol are, essentially, two members of one of the game's premier Unique Squads, more than heroes in their own right - not technically, but effectively. That is how they were conceived. I'd want to see a generic T-Rex at at least 80, personally, probably closer to 100-120. As Yodaking said, the T-Rex is generally considered to be the biggest, baddest dinosaur (it technically isn't, that's more like a Spinosaurus or something I think, but the T-Rex is still among the scariest), not something a bit on the wimpy side points-wise. Other Dinos can fill that role - if you really want something cheaper and weaker, I'd suggest maybe an Allosaurus? A generic T-Rex ought to be worth more than Bucky.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 22nd, 2019, 06:04 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You all.are.ignoring the theme because you have not read the comics or at least that is the best reason I can come.up with.
If anyone, anyone, wants to run any Dinosaur design, please do. I will support any direction you want to take it.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 06:10 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

This doesn't seem a particularly comic-centric design. This is going to be C3G's rendition of a standard T-Rex - it should represent a wide-ranging, lunchbox definition of a T-Rex.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 22nd, 2019, 06:19 PM

Except I already said I would run a Savage Land T-Rex to finish off the faction.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 06:21 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Except I already said I would run a Savage Land T-Rex to finish off the faction.
And... what's that contradicting exactly?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 22nd, 2019, 09:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I am curious to see if the public is at all interested in a no power card.
Let's stay on track. We've heard from the sanctum members (who, as far as I can tell, are against a no power card, outside of the vocal exception of johnny). Tornado wants to gauge public interest and I'm not sure if we've gotten any definitive responses from public members or fans yet.

So, non-sanctum members, what say you? Are you interested in a no power t-rex card or not?

I say give them 48 hours to answer and accept that no answer = no interest if that's the way it goes.

Any further discussion from sanctum members threatens to devolve into something non-productive, IMO.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 22nd, 2019, 09:53 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
Powerless card, while novel, feels a bit antithetical to the game itself with all that space for powers. I would agree with the idea of one simple power, echoing MrNobody there. A bunch of powerless pieces feels, while "powerless card" sounds interesting, a chunk of an army that is just the stats itself feels like it'll be boring more often than not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fret_gurglo View Post
I don't know the faction you are trying to create, but might I suggest Weak-Minded as a negative power. I could see dinos being used as powerful pawns in combat.
Here's our public members who have weighed in so far.
Old April 22nd, 2019, 11:28 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
I think I would prefer Juvenile to Young for the class. Crushing jaws seems a little off to me as it feels like he should actually have to “catch” you with a bite and then the crushing takes place. Maybe something like this?

ATTACK = 4

CRUSHING JAWS
After an adjacent figure rolls defense dice, if that figure would receive 1 or more wounds from this Savage Land Tyrannosaur’s attack, all skulls rolled during that attack count for an additional hit.

Maybe that’s overcomplicating things, but I like that if he catches even just a piece of you, he clamps down and suddenly you’re facing a catastrophic injury instead of a flesh wound.

That is an interesting take on the Master of the Hunt's mortal wounds power.

Old April 23rd, 2019, 12:36 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

For the record, I'm not wholly against the idea, just hesitant.
Old April 23rd, 2019, 04:26 AM
Hard as ice

I'd be open to the idea, but it would need to be on a card where that gimmick felt absolutely justified, like that Axe Cop character Ronin mentioned an interest in. I don't feel this is the right place for it.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old April 23rd, 2019, 12:21 PM

NAME = SAURON VALLEY T-REX

SPECIES = DINOSAUR
UNIQUENESS = UNCOMMON HERO
CLASS = DEVOURER
PERSONALITY = WILD
SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE 8-10

LIFE = 7
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 2
POINTS = ?60?

ROAR IN TRIUMPH
After destroying a figure with this Sauron Valley T-Rex, you must, if possible, roar or destroy this figure.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library