Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old March 23rd, 2019, 08:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Draftable Vehicles - Waiting for new Initial Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
What if we just put the steering wheel on the card and had you place the driver there and then not worry about where all the passengers are? They're just all considered adjacent to the driver and each other. That way we're just adding a symbol to the card instead of a bunch of hexes.
I like that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
We could also try doing internal maps as separate from the card itself.
That would be the other direction I'd support, though it's definitely higher maintenance. Still, two cards per vehicle wouldn't be terrible, and would let us do things very clearly.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 24th, 2019, 08:14 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I'm still concerned that this is going too far in the simulation realm & is detracting from the straight forward HS rules. When we started adding rules we said that they should all only be a "light" touch in addition to standard rules.
Old March 24th, 2019, 08:26 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
I'm still concerned that this is going too far in the simulation realm & is detracting from the straight forward HS rules. When we started adding rules we said that they should all only be a "light" touch in addition to standard rules.
At this point, I think C3G is enough of a separate identity, and Heroscape (unfortunately) is 'dead' enough, that all players are somewhat advanced and appreciate more complex additions.

You could argue that Heroscape would never have introduced something so complex, but then again Heroscape never did much more than dip its toe in the Superscape world. If, for instance, the Marvel license had allowed the game to survive, I think they would definitely consider increasing the complexity.

Long and short of it is, yes, Heroscape official might not have ever added vehicles of this complexity, but they also probably wouldn't have churned out hundreds of Superhero designs either.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old March 24th, 2019, 08:32 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
What if we just put the steering wheel on the card and had you place the driver there and then not worry about where all the passengers are? They're just all considered adjacent to the driver and each other. That way we're just adding a symbol to the card instead of a bunch of hexes.
I like that idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
We could also try doing internal maps as separate from the card itself.
That would be the other direction I'd support, though it's definitely higher maintenance. Still, two cards per vehicle wouldn't be terrible, and would let us do things very clearly.
You could probably just have 2-3 basic 'vehicle interiors' anyway, since the layout of most vehicles should be pretty generic. Then you could just add a line like glyphs, that's an instruction line and not a special power, that says something like: "This vehicle requires a 4 passenger vehicle interior card. For rules concerning vehicle interior layouts, see page blah blah of the vehicle blah blah ruleset."

And then certainly if the vehicle was abnormal, you could have a custom interior card. Like, a the X-Jet with lots of seats or a quinjet with an area in the back to put a two space vehicle inside of it. Vehicle-ception!

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old March 24th, 2019, 08:47 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Well vehicles already list occupancy, so we're covered on who all can be there. And the rules set covers they're all adjacent.

So, really, I think quozl's suggestion of just having a spot to indicate the driver should be fine and non-invasive and easy to add.

As for rules complexity, I believe in practice that this will actually feel simpler and less intrusive. The problem with the current VDO rules is they basically make it feel like when you get in the card, your Hero is no longer themselves and can no longer do anything. This set should more or less make it so they can do what they currently do, but inside a car.

I think it'll work just fine, but we'll see. As always, testing will show!

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 24th, 2019, 09:01 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Sounds good so far.
Old May 19th, 2019, 11:18 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Setting up, open to army suggestions.
Old May 19th, 2019, 11:27 PM

Hmm ... Lady Blackhawk, any ranged figures that you want to shoot and run, and anybody good at dodging attacks from range?

Old May 20th, 2019, 11:56 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I think I am going to try this next. What are drafting the Sports Car at currently?

I certainly will try an F4 build with Lady Blackhawk. Anything else to try? X-Men maybe for double drivers?

I think these new rules will allow me to design the Lawmaster as a VDO, which will be really cool.
Old May 21st, 2019, 01:02 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I think I am going to try this next. What are drafting the Sports Car at currently?

I certainly will try an F4 build with Lady Blackhawk. Anything else to try? X-Men maybe for double drivers?

I think these new rules will allow me to design the Lawmaster as a VDO, which will be really cool.
We don't really have a point cost figured out yet - we need an initial. Which you're welcome to run if you'd like! I'm not feeling possessive here.
Old May 21st, 2019, 07:05 AM

Any guess on a point value?
Leaving for a short vacation Thursday so I am running out of time to get a test in this week.

A figure like Invisible Woman would be safe from attack in a Car correct?
You would have to destroy the card first?
Are we doing damage transfer?
Old May 21st, 2019, 07:28 AM

I believe the link in the OP is current.

Figures outside the car cannot engage figures inside the car, so Invisible Woman would be safe in that regard (and also invisible, so no ranged attacks). That said, another figure could enter the car and attack her that way, unless the car is at maximum occupancy.

I don't believe we have damage transfer planned currently, since you can (other than with someone like Invisible Woman) ranged attack an occupant from outside the vehicle.

She does seem like a good choice, though. Get Mister Fantastic behind the wheel with her riding shotgun and that seems like a pretty solid use of the car. That or maybe Thing in the car with her, since he's slow moving.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library