Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender
AotP Blender A place to discuss AotP customs and ways to integrate Heroscape with AotP.

Notices

Old March 28th, 2019, 12:45 AM

Skyver knows what's in an order marker Skyver knows what's in an order marker
Arrow New Miniatures for AOTP

Wizkids has recently put out a line of Magic: the Gathering miniatures to go with its Ravnica D&D book, the Guildmasters' Guide to Ravnica.

For those of you who like to design customs, this could present a great opportunity for bringing back AotP and keeping it alive with official MTG miniatures!

You can find images of most of the miniatures here:
https://www.minisgallery.com/dnd/dnd19.htm

There are 55 miniatures total, with 10 of them being found in starter packs and 1 promo (Niv-Mizzet) while the rest are included in random booster cases, bricks, and packs. The sets are titled Icons of the Realms - Guilds of Ravnica.

Here are the characters from the starter packs:

EDIT: For those of you interested in the future of AotP Customs, check out the following Ideas thread. We could use your input:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=55699

If you would like to contribute some Guilds of Ravnica customs, you can do so in the following Thread:
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...05#post2272205

Last edited by Skyver; April 10th, 2019 at 02:13 PM.
Old March 28th, 2019, 12:20 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Ravnica Guild Miniatures!

I'd seen the figures from this set before, but I didn't know that they were from the world of Magic: The Gathering. That's definitely a good opportunity to make AotP customs for anyone looking into it. It may be tough to make some squads without using duplicate sculpts, but there's plenty of material there.
Old April 1st, 2019, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I'd seen the figures from this set before, but I didn't know that they were from the world of Magic: The Gathering. That's definitely a good opportunity to make AotP customs for anyone looking into it. It may be tough to make some squads without using duplicate sculpts, but there's plenty of material there.
Yes, they are all based on official MTG cards/characters. Some were given generic names, however. For example no.3 ("Firefist") is known in MTG as Tajic, Legion's Edge.
Spoiler Alert!

No. 39, "Galvanic Blastseeker" is actually a sculpt of a popular Blue/Red Planeswalker known as Ral Zarek.
Spoiler Alert!

It would be cool for someone to make an appropriate army card for him as an addition to the roster of Planeswalkers.

Duplicate sculpts could be used for some of the units, but others (such as Tajic above) could be Unique or Uncommon Heroes.

By the way, I updated the OP with links to the starter pack characters as well as the main list of randomized figures.

EDIT:
apparently there are three more Planeswalkers within the set!

"Undercity Gorgon" is in fact Vraska, the Black/Green Planeswalker.

"Gruul Anarch" is a Red/Green Planeswalker known as Domri Rade.

"Vedalken Wizard" (starter pack) is an Azorius Planeswalker named Dovin Baan (Blue/White)!

Last edited by Skyver; April 4th, 2019 at 08:37 PM.
Old April 4th, 2019, 02:04 AM

Re: New Miniatures for AOTP! (Official)

Funnily enough, the miniatures for the new Design competition are also from this set!

Springtime Custom Competition 2019

Little do they know, these miniatures are based off the following MTG cards... Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest and Kraul Swarm/Kraul Harpooner:
Spoiler Alert!

All cards are representatives of the "Golgari Swarm"... One of the 10 Guilds of Ravnica representing all unique 2-color combinations. The Golgari represent the Black & Green faction.
Old April 4th, 2019, 05:45 PM
lives in a creepy house on top of a hill

Dr.Phibes knows what's in an order marker Dr.Phibes knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
Yes, they are all based on official MTG cards/characters. Some were given generic names, however. For example no.3 ("Firefist") is known in MTG as Tajic, Legion's Edge.

No. 39, "Galvanic Blastseeker" is actually a sculpt of a popular Blue/Red Planeswalker known as Ral Zarek.

It would be cool for someone to make an appropriate army card for him as an addition to the roster of Planeswalkers.

Duplicate sculpts could be used for some of the units, but others (such as Tajic above) could be Unique or Uncommon Heroes.

By the way, I updated the OP with links to the starter pack characters as well as the main list of randomized figures.

EDIT:
apparently there are three more Planeswalkers within the set!

"Undercity Gorgon" is in fact Vraska, the Black/Green Planeswalker.

"Gruul Anarch" is a Red/Green Planeswalker known as Domri Rade.

"Vedalken Wizard" (starter pack) is an Azorius Planeswalker named Dovin Baan (Blue/White)!
~Puts Tinfoil Hat On~

What if... These are scrapped mini's from an abandoned AOTP expansion and WizKids didn't want to waste the molds?
Old April 4th, 2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Phibes View Post

~Puts Tinfoil Hat On~

What if... These are scrapped mini's from an abandoned AOTP expansion and WizKids didn't want to waste the molds?
Lol! That would be kind of funny yet also sad. But I don't think it's really a possibility. WizKids was never in charge of Arena of the Planeswalkers, just Hasbro and WotC. But a similar thought did cross my mind when I first heard of the set.
Old April 4th, 2019, 10:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: New Miniatures for AOTP

Id really just use these new figures to expand armies for aotp.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 4th, 2019, 10:48 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Hmmm... can these be 3D printed somehow?
Old April 4th, 2019, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
Not unless someone is willing to make detailed 3D scans of each one.
Old April 4th, 2019, 11:12 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin View Post
Not unless someone is willing to make detailed 3D scans of each one.
With them being in production by wizkids, they shouldn't cost too much. Thats coming from a guy that actively prints miniatures.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 9th, 2019, 12:06 PM

I've begun a thread for customs based on these minis:

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=55707

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP Blender