Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old October 27th, 2020, 04:24 PM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Index of Classic Heroscape .stl files

Okay I just added 2 models to my dice repository : completely blank dice (ready to add some stickers) and "default" dice, with no general logo on the blank face.

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old October 27th, 2020, 05:33 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Does anybody know where to find printable stickers to put on them? I've looked and can't find them...
You might probably want to check A) Heroscape font, that include the generals logo in good quality (that's what I used for the dice 3D models) B) either a sticker machine or go to some website providing such service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Very nice DanieLoche! I found this Valkyrie die somewhere on the internet a while back. Haven't printed it yet but figured I'd use some gold I have to make some.
Does anybody know where to find printable stickers to put on them? I've looked and can't find them...
I figure I'd have to make them either on label paper or decal paper. I'd run a few simple test prints to size it all on regular paper and see if it fits first.
Great suggestions guys. Thanks!

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old October 29th, 2020, 10:01 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Not sure if you all know about this or not, but its a Godsend. It helps fix your 3d files. Its free. Its not hard to use at all. Granted you can't send it completely hot garbage to fix or it will fail. Its called Netfab.
https://service.netfabb.com/login.php
Enjoy, my fellow scapers.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 30th, 2020, 07:03 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@White Knight . Ive been pounding out the prints. My resin printed scape total is now 206 perfect models. I have a handful that didnt make the count. This is super fun since I got the mechanical failures all dolled up. Now I just scrape the bed. Wipe it off. Top off the vat and hit go. Since Ive been sick, Ive been able to keep up with the computer modeling/supporting end of it. Ive also printed off a few dozen starwars legion models and some fallout wasteland warfare stuff. But that doesnt count here. Ive learned alot about 3d modeling lately. Mainly in blender and meshmixer. Ive been having loads of fun kitbashing models and fixing them to print properly.

Old October 30th, 2020, 07:34 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You should make a video.
Old October 30th, 2020, 07:57 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
You should make a video.
?. Not sure I follow what you would want a video of. How Im able to make so many so quickly with great results is a combination of a bunch of different things.

Old October 30th, 2020, 08:11 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Just an overview of what you have done to get such great results.
Old October 30th, 2020, 08:51 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Just an overview of what you have done to get such great results.
Im not too great at videos but could make a list. Ive posted links to a bunch of helpful 3d printing videos Ive found on youtube that helped with a lot different new tricks Ive learned that help. Knowing your machine, how it functions, will help with any troubleshooting you have to do. I does help me that I was a machine operator of hundreds of different pieces of equipment at a production facility and also a mechanic for the last 17 years. The bottom line to troubleshooting anything is an understanding of the different working parts of the machine and the function they perform. It takes a minute to learn but is worth it. That is how the machine is dialed in. Quantity is another piece of the puzzle. Setting up a work station to perform optimally for you to multitask is essential to good production numbers. (Thats the production guy part of me saying this.) organization and the correct tools speed things up as well. I generally pack as many models as I can onto a plate that are fairly the same height for printing resin. I also have prepared many different files ready to print at once. Scheduling print times is important if you want to keep the printer running while managing your time. For instance. I set timers when my prints will finish if Im around the house. When I got to work or to sleep Ill start a longer print that will run the duration, or close to how long Ill be away. Heres a short list:
1. Learn how the printer works and what things do what to operate and troubleshoot the machine easier.
2. Learn your basic slicer program controls. This will make step 3 easier.
3. Learn how to support a model. Theres some good stuff on youtube.
4. Learn how to post prep models in a safe manner.
5. Explore all the rest of the programs out there that allow you to modify and fix your prints. Bad 3d files will fail even if they are supported correctly because they arent printable yet.
Hope this helps in some capacity. Makers muse and 3d printing pro are my favorite youtubers but there are others that do great things.
Programs I use:
Blender. For kitbashing and putting models together along with some editing.
Meshmixer. For thickening prints, cutting models apart for printing in pieces. Blending pieces together, and other editing.
Chitubox. I use chitubox to slice files for my resin printer but also arrange files for my fdm printer. The reason I use this instead of blender is that it places the model at perfect Z height next to other models all on a single print bed. On fdm it helps to remove unwanted supports when you dont get them all lined up perfectly flat on the bed.
Snapmaker3d. Just my printer specific slicer. Nothing great about it.
Kind of a mouthful as far as posts go, but Im sure there is a few helpful tips in here.

Old November 3rd, 2020, 11:20 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Base Stickers and Flags .ptt

Base Stickers and Flags .pdf

I've updated my file to include Marvel base stickers and several flags.
Old November 6th, 2020, 06:56 PM
"like" happy

Well. I had a minute to finish up post processing on all my wip figures from printing these last couple weeks. Added bases to the rest of them off the fdm and put them on my display shelves. I still need to paint quite a few. Ive officially caught my collection back up to its previous numbers and then some. I dont have all the figures I had before yet but am setting the goal of at least 6 common squads of each unit. Some even more. I cleared all non official miniatures from the scape shelfs and Im still going to have to build more shelves. Wanted to thank all you guys that have spearheaded this 3d printing scape project. An old scaper such as myself has never seen this amount of scape at my house even in earlier days.

Old November 7th, 2020, 09:51 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Well. I had a minute to finish up post processing on all my wip figures from printing these last couple weeks. Added bases to the rest of them off the fdm and put them on my display shelves. I still need to paint quite a few. Ive officially caught my collection back up to its previous numbers and then some. I dont have all the figures I had before yet but am setting the goal of at least 6 common squads of each unit. Some even more. I cleared all non official miniatures from the scape shelfs and Im still going to have to build more shelves. Wanted to thank all you guys that have spearheaded this 3d printing scape project. An old scaper such as myself has never seen this amount of scape at my house even in earlier days.

Haha, just kidding!
Nice TREX!
Old November 7th, 2020, 12:24 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I don't believe him either. FAKE NEWS!

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing