Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old June 13th, 2012, 02:28 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
The Book of Command Courier

The Book of Command Courier

C3V Wave 2 - Age of Chaos - Valkrill’s Vengeance

PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Armor Wars set. Their model number and name is 004-006, Paladin

COMMAND DISPATCH
After taking a turn with a Command Courier, if that Command Courier did not attack, you may choose an adjacent small or medium Unique Hero you control that follows Vydar and take a turn with that Hero.

FLEET FOOTED
If a Command Courier is attacked with a normal attack by an opponent’s figure and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-10, roll defense dice normally. If you roll an 11 or higher, that Command Courier takes no damage and instead may move up to 4 spaces. A figure moving with Fleet Footed never takes any leaving engagement attacks. A Command Courier can use Fleet Footed only if he ends his move not adjacent to any enemy figures.

CHARACTER BIO:
Spoiler Alert!

-Rulings and Clarifications-

TBA

-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Received
LAGLOR: Vydar's Range Enhancement Aura
Being a Vydar figure with a range greater than 4, a Command Courier may benefit from Laglor's VYDAR'S RANGE ENHANCEMENT AURA
AGENT SKAHEN : Cover Fire
Being a Vydar figure with a Tricky personality, Command Courier may benefit from Agent Skahen's COVER FIRE.
ELARIA THE PALE: Queen of Thieves
Having a Tricky Personality, Command Courier may benefit from Elaria's QUEEN OF THIEVES.
Synergy Benefits Offered
  • OTONASHI: Tricky Speed 4
    Having a Tricky Personality, a Command Courier may aid Otonashi’s TRICKY SPEED 4 ability.
  • Small or Medium Vydar Unique Heroes that may take a turn with Command Courier’s COMMAND DISPATCH ability include:
· Agent Carr
· Agent Skahen
· Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior
· Crypt Guardian
· Evar Scarcarver
· Heirloom
· James Murphy
· Josie Whistletop
· Kantono Daishi
· Kursus
· Laglor
· Major X17
· Mika Connour
· Otonashi
· Rygarn
· Seleena
· Siege
· Sudema
· Yi Feng
· Zaeus
-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-

TBA

-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

TBA

Power Ranking and Master Index

Command Courier: Very nice filler for a Vydar army, providing a meat shield, Order Marker flexibility, and a decent cleanup force. B

Last edited by superfrog; January 18th, 2019 at 02:38 PM. Reason: bio
Old June 13th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Command Courier

Looks great. I would make the text at the start bigger though. Don't forget to add a link to the PDF and add links on all the Heroes. Also, I don't think the Havech Eradicators boost Tricky Speed. Oh yeah, and they get a boost from Laglor, don't forget to add that...

Fun figure. Skahen & Heirloom are the best figures to put them with, IMO.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; June 13th, 2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Laglor...
Old June 13th, 2012, 03:48 PM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Armor Wars set. Their model number and name is 004-006, Paladin.

Old June 13th, 2012, 04:07 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Synergy Benefits Received
  • LAGLOR : Vydar’s Range Enhancement Aura
    Being a Vydar figure with a range greater than 4, Command Courier may benefit from Laglor’s VYDAR’S RANGE ENHANCEMENT AURA.

• AGENT SKAHEN : Cover Fire
    Being a Vydar figure with a Tricky personality, Command Courier may benefit from Agent Skahen's COVER FIRE.

Zaeus can get command dispatched, too.
Old June 13th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

What real advantage do the CC's give? I can't see a real use for them except Vydar small/medium unique hero Order Marker management. I think I am missing the key to how they're played.
Old June 13th, 2012, 09:35 PM

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
What real advantage do the CC's give? I can't see a real use for them except Vydar small/medium unique hero Order Marker management. I think I am missing the key to how they're played.
That's exactly what they do. Basically, they let you play a very thematic Vydar Hero army, which, without having to worry much about OMs, I found both suprisingly competitive and still a little tough to play well. I think we need more armies like that.

I suggest that you try them out a little. Also, you need a good variety of Vydar Heroes to use them with (including Skahen, though others seem to disagree on this...).

Old June 13th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
OM flexibility is a very good thing, so yeah, you put your finger right on it.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 13th, 2012, 11:39 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Did I mention they encourage non-Q9 Vydar builds? I'm always a fan of that. Vydar has a number of my favorite medium heroes.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old June 14th, 2012, 04:10 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

I see a couple things that might work with Command Couriers.

With Skahen, a Courier can run to her, she can take a turn, and, with cover fire, she could move a courier twice, helping them get in range of other heroes with which one might want to take a turn (with the next OM, of course)

A network of Couriers (2-3) would be really good, especially as common heroes because one marker on them can activate any Courier on the board.

Courier's are also very helpful for Otonashi, which she really needs. Probably shouldn't be the main function, but maybe a nice bonus once in a while.

Courier's add cooperation to Vydar's Army in a good way, making the Maverick Vydar heroes able to work together more easily.

A Courier next to (or within moving range of) a hero on a glyph, or a hero next to a Courier on a glyph, makes for a good defense. Using other Couriers elsewhere, the battle can be fought there, but if someone wanders over to a glyph unexpectedly, you can activate that Courier to activate that hero and hit them.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old June 14th, 2012, 10:09 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

It seems like you are going to need 2-3 Couriers to take advantage of the OM management features. That's 70-105 points that could be used towards a Vydar hero.

Maybe in 600+ point games the Courier would be helpful, but at first glance - he seems to expensive. I'd rather see him at 15-20-points or at least allowing them to attack then trigger Command.
Old June 14th, 2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
It seems like you are going to need 2-3 Couriers to take advantage of the OM management features. That's 70-105 points that could be used towards a Vydar hero.

Maybe in 600+ point games the Courier would be helpful, but at first glance - he seems to expensive. I'd rather see him at 15-20-points or at least allowing them to attack then trigger Command.
I don't think so. I used 4 in a 450-point game with Skahen, Heirloom, & Carr. I think I could have done a little better with an EE instead of one of the CCs, but exchanging all of the CCs for something else certainly wouldn't have worked. I think it's impossible to theoryscape how well this army works. You have to see it.

Edit: Oh yeah, and the OM management isn't worth 35 per fig by itself-15 or so of that is to buy a decent distraction figure to keep the fire away from your Heroes.

Last edited by awesomeunleashed; June 14th, 2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old June 14th, 2012, 03:59 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomeunleashed View Post
the OM management isn't worth 35 per fig by itself-15 or so of that is to buy a decent distraction figure to keep the fire away from your Heroes.
Right. And if your opponent doesn't spend any time with the CCs early in the game, then they can serve as a solid figure in cleanup. A couple CCs could easily pick off a melee squad or two in endgame.

Extra wounds in your army, bolstered by a decent defensive power, are not a bad thing.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs