Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Notices

Old January 1st, 2017, 03:27 PM

Snuffelupecus is surprisingly tart
Looking for some help with new Demons

So im trying to create some new figures using demons. There are a few out there already but there are still some good ones missing like the Gabrezu, Vrock, Barlgura, Chasme, Babau. Looking for some help/ideas on stats/powers.

I did the Glabrezu, so tell me what yall think.

Looking at the monster manuals, here are my ideas for the others.

Vrock - Unique Hero. Flying, Probly give him a reach, and something with its Spores. Life 4. Move 6. attack 3. defense 4.

Barlgura - Make this a Common squad, maybe 2 or 3? They have Chameleon-like abilities so maybe a roll to cancel wounds? kind of like some drow have. and the roll is better in shadow and next to trees? Toughness? Move 6. attack 4. defense 2.

Babau - Common hero? Give him a gaze that either paralyzes a figure for a round on a roll or the figure cant roll defense for the turn. Not sure what else to give him. 3 Life. move 5. attack 4. defense 3

Chasme - Not sure here. Im thinking either common hero or a 2-3 squad. Flying. Not sure what powers to give a chasme, heres a combat description from the monster manual.. Anyone viewing a chasme must save vs. spells or flee in terror for 1-4 hours.
The chasme live to fight. Their physical attacks consist of a claw/claw/nose routine (2d4/2d4/1d4 damage). Claw wounds bleed profusely for 2 hp damage per round until magically healed (cure light wounds, etc.).
Chasmes buzz in a rasping voice. Living creatures who hear this drone must save vs. spell or fall into a comatose sleep. Sleeping victims must be splashed with water or vigorously stimulated to wake up. Otherwise, sleep persists for 2d4 hours or until the chasme starts to drain the victim’s blood (1d4 hp per round). A creature can be affected by this power only once per encounter.

Last edited by Snuffelupecus; January 8th, 2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old January 1st, 2017, 05:17 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation
Re: Looking for some help with new Demons

Hard to say if you have the points right at 165 without knowing what the "lesser" demons are.

Princer Grab reads a little strange. There is a lot going on in the power:

PRINCER GRAB
If Glabrezu attacks a small or medium enemy figure with both attacks on this turn, and inflicts at least 1 wound with each attack, the defending figure may not move. When Glabrezu takes his turn, you may roll 1 attack dice, if a skull is round, the defending figure receives 1 wound. Figures affected by Pincer Grab cannot be moved by any special power.

Obviously it is best on heroes - since squad figures aren't going to survive the 1st wound. Do you intent the second half of the power (in red) to only work with a success Grab?

How about:

PRINCER GRAB
If Glabrezu starts his turn engaged, all small or medium opponent's figure adjacent to Glabrezu cannot be moved by any special power on any Army Card. Before attacking, choose an opponent's small or medium figure adjacent to Glabrezu and roll 1 combat die. If you roll a skull, the chosen figure receives one wound.

This is still super-powerful (2 attacks guaranteed plus 1 possible 50/50 chance at an wound you can't defend against) and then 3 lesser demons taking a turn. This is probably a 200 point figure unless the lesser demons are weak (like Nagrubs).
Old January 1st, 2017, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Hard to say if you have the points right at 165 without knowing what the "lesser" demons are.

Princer Grab reads a little strange. There is a lot going on in the power:

PRINCER GRAB
If Glabrezu attacks a small or medium enemy figure with both attacks on this turn, and inflicts at least 1 wound with each attack, the defending figure may not move. When Glabrezu takes his turn, you may roll 1 attack dice, if a skull is round, the defending figure receives 1 wound. Figures affected by Pincer Grab cannot be moved by any special power.

Obviously it is best on heroes - since squad figures aren't going to survive the 1st wound. Do you intent the second half of the power (in red) to only work with a success Grab?

How about:

PRINCER GRAB
If Glabrezu starts his turn engaged, all small or medium opponent's figure adjacent to Glabrezu cannot be moved by any special power on any Army Card. Before attacking, choose an opponent's small or medium figure adjacent to Glabrezu and roll 1 combat die. If you roll a skull, the chosen figure receives one wound.

This is still super-powerful (2 attacks guaranteed plus 1 possible 50/50 chance at an wound you can't defend against) and then 3 lesser demons taking a turn. This is probably a 200 point figure unless the lesser demons are weak (like Nagrubs).
Yea im not very good at this. This is my 2nd figure ive ever made i think, But yea there ya go, the wording you got is way better. I like it.

By lesser demons im talking like.. Gnaw demon and Abyssal maw. Look at their cards, they are demon, and they are lesser. So any demon like that.
Old January 1st, 2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffelupecus View Post
Yea im not very good at this. This is my 2nd figure ive ever made i think, But yea there ya go, the wording you got is way better. I like it.

By lesser demons im talking like.. Gnaw demon and Abyssal maw. Look at their cards, they are demon, and they are lesser. So any demon like that.
No problem, making customs takes practice. Keep posting ideas!
Old January 8th, 2017, 10:09 AM

Heres what i got so far for the others..

Old January 8th, 2017, 11:49 PM

Looking good!

As a suggestion, I would simplify some of your powers.

For Battle Screech, maybe ..

BATTLE SCREECH
Before taking a turn with Vrock, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, all opponents' figures within 4 spaces of Vrock roll 1 less defense die for the remainder of the round.

For Babau's Gaze, you could use this power from the Skull Demon.

Frightening Presence
Common figures attacking this Skull Demon with a normal attack subtract 1 from their attack dice.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=41696

Maybe ..

BABAU'S GAZE
Figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Babau attacking figures you control with a normal attack subtract 1 from their attack dice.

Also you have Babau as a "Common Hero" but I think that is a typo.
Old January 9th, 2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Looking good!

As a suggestion, I would simplify some of your powers.

For Battle Screech, maybe ..

BATTLE SCREECH
Before taking a turn with Vrock, you may roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, all opponents' figures within 4 spaces of Vrock roll 1 less defense die for the remainder of the round.

For Babau's Gaze, you could use this power from the Skull Demon.

Frightening Presence
Common figures attacking this Skull Demon with a normal attack subtract 1 from their attack dice.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=41696

Maybe ..

BABAU'S GAZE
Figures within 3 clear sight spaces of Babau attacking figures you control with a normal attack subtract 1 from their attack dice.

Also you have Babau as a "Common Hero" but I think that is a typo.
Yea i like that second one, sounds good. Well i did want him to be common hero. But i think ill change it to uncommon hero

Also for the Vrock i got it as a Demon and Fanatic. Not sure what to put for that third one.
Old January 9th, 2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:

Also for the Vrock i got it as a Demon and Fanatic. Not sure what to put for that third one.
Maybe a HUNTER

Classes do help for some other synergies/powers.

You may need to decide on a Naming convention. If it is a Unique or Uncommon Hero, it will have a class.

If it is a Common Hero then you'll put something to denote that as a Lesser Demon for Glabrezu's Demon Command power. "Lesser" might not be the best term.

You could call them Thralls. That is a term already in use by C3V for Common Heroes that are also Undead. Yours could be Species: Demon Class: Thrall

The mechanic for activating the thralls might be something you could borrow/modify so that your Common Hero/Lesser Demons could find a use outside of the big Demon hero.

MINDLESS PACK
After revealing an order marker on this card, roll the 20-sided die.
- If you roll a 1-5, you may take a turn with 1 Thrall you control.
- If you roll a 6-15, you may take a turn with up to 2 Thralls you control.
- If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take a turn with up to 3 Thralls you control.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37727
Old January 10th, 2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Maybe a HUNTER

Classes do help for some other synergies/powers.

You may need to decide on a Naming convention. If it is a Unique or Uncommon Hero, it will have a class.

If it is a Common Hero then you'll put something to denote that as a Lesser Demon for Glabrezu's Demon Command power. "Lesser" might not be the best term.

You could call them Thralls. That is a term already in use by C3V for Common Heroes that are also Undead. Yours could be Species: Demon Class: Thrall

The mechanic for activating the thralls might be something you could borrow/modify so that your Common Hero/Lesser Demons could find a use outside of the big Demon hero.

MINDLESS PACK
After revealing an order marker on this card, roll the 20-sided die.
- If you roll a 1-5, you may take a turn with 1 Thrall you control.
- If you roll a 6-15, you may take a turn with up to 2 Thralls you control.
- If you roll a 16 or higher, you may take a turn with up to 3 Thralls you control.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=37727
Cool thanks for the input
Old February 12th, 2017, 12:05 PM

WolfScape is surprisingly tart

They look good! Nice job Snuffelupecus!

My Customs are https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53788
I like cats and wolves and wolverines.

You're reading this! Wow!
Old November 24th, 2018, 09:50 PM

Thanks Wolf!

Well, I'm back after almost 2 years and ready to make some more guys for our heroscape game and for anyone else that would want to use them and I could use some help. So without getting into too much detail on how me and my group plays our heroscape game (we don't play the original way), we have 9 different teams split up, Jandar, Einar, Ullar etc... So we have a Demon team, an Undead team, and a Marro/Drow team.

This brilliant guy: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=26396

came up with Generals that we liked and want to use for our game. I have all of them except for the last 3 teams mentioned above. The marro team has only a splash of Drow so I was thinking of using this big guy..
Eldrazi Ruiner from MTG Arena of the Planeswalkers: Battle for Zendikar. The only thing is, he doesn't fly, like the other generals, but I think he would be great for the Marro team. I think give him slither, so he doesn't have to stop in water/swamp. Give him a reach of 2 maybe. And for the aura I have no idea.

For the Demon team I was thinking of doing a Balor. I couldn't think of a better demon to use, thoughts?

For the Undead I was thinking maybe a Lich or Arch-Lich or something?

Thoughts? Thanks.
Old November 26th, 2018, 05:33 PM

Here's my Glabrezu

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs