Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 3rd, 2008, 01:53 AM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker
Frequency of reprints?

Being new to Heroscape I have no idea how often expansions are reprinted.
I have the opportunity to buy wave 1, but for a price being a bit over 20% than normal.
Should I just jump at the opportunity, or bide my time?
Old July 3rd, 2008, 02:29 AM

francism Woo who?
Re: Frequency of reprints?

I would buy it if it was that cheap. It's not available anywhere else and it's much more expensive on eBay. Plus, there are people who believe Wave 1 has already seen at least one re-release, who knows when it will be released again?
Old July 3rd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

buy it.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 08:03 AM
Bill Nigh the Psions Guy

Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dredd Stev is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

It is never, ever under any circumstance a bad idea to snatch up a hard-to-find wave.

And I'll tell you, wave one is a rare bird these days.

Looking for quality maps for 3+ players? Think your latest map-masterpiece deserves a place of honor? Join in the discussion of The War-zones of Valhalla

It doesn't get any more classic than this: The C3V project
Old July 3rd, 2008, 08:19 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wave 1 sold out the first time, and again on it's reprint. I think WOTC would be silly not to give it another run. It has to be the best selling Wave. People are always looking for Wave 1.

Last edited by Uprising; July 3rd, 2008 at 08:39 AM.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 08:26 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
buy it.
What he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old July 3rd, 2008, 08:26 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

I totally agree with Uprising... Wave 1 sells out fast, so I'd buy it. I actually think Wave 1 is the best set that has been released. Back then, when they were sold out I found a site that sold the complete set for $90. I ended up buying it because at the time it was the only set I was missing. Then when they had the re-release, I wasted no time in scooping up multiples of the common packs because I feared not being able to get them later.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old July 3rd, 2008, 08:58 AM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Yeah, for 20% over MSRP ($16 per booster, ~ $64 for the entire wave) I would seriously consider it at this point if I were you. Our friendly WotC rep has mentioned that Wave 2 is the next early wave that's likely to be reprinted, so the wait for Wave 1 may be a LONG one. I wouldn't pay TOO much more than that (I think $70 would be my limit) but your mileage may vary.

Welcome to the site!

Edit: I just saw your location, so my numbers are pretty irrelevant to you, but you get my point.
Old July 3rd, 2008, 09:17 AM

DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker DBC knows what's in an order marker

OK, you guys have convinced me. I just bought 3 entire sets!!!
And to think I stopped with Warhammer because it was too expensive... Oh My!
Old July 3rd, 2008, 09:36 AM

RichardD has disabled reputation

Yeah, but this way you don't have to paint *any* of those 70-80 figures you've just bought. And WH figures would have cost you even more.

Q - "Are you one of those people who does The Times crossword puzzle in 10 minutes?"

A - "I have NEVER taken 10 minutes!"

Old July 3rd, 2008, 10:16 AM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBC View Post
OK, you guys have convinced me. I just bought 3 entire sets!!!
And to think I stopped with Warhammer because it was too expensive... Oh My!
I never have more than one unique. It keeps our drafts interesting while saving me money. If you're intent on keeping them, that's cool, but the Heroes of Bleakwoode sell for a pretty penny on Ebay. Also, can I have your Grut Orcs? Pretty please?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion