Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old February 11th, 2020, 06:59 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

I'm demoing Fallout at a local convention at the end of the month.

I decided to use a 2x2 setup (instead of standard 3x3) and only use models from the core set. So I am going to play test it where the Super Mutants are trying to destroy the settlement water supply. Nora and the others will try to stop them. I don't plan on using any investigation markers or searchables, as there wouldn't seem to be time to search around, and I mostly want to make this as quick to teach and learn as possible.

Not doing set times, but rather allow people to walk up and play. I plan to have the Super Mutants run by the AI, which I'll take care of and either have one person run the settlers or split it up for 2 people (Nora/Dogmeat, 2 Settlers/Enslaved Tech ).

I've playtested it a few times and have made some minor adjustments to the setup below.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 11th, 2020, 07:26 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Where and where is that convention?
I may be up for a road trip.
Old February 11th, 2020, 09:26 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Where and where is that convention?
I may be up for a road trip.
Saturday, February 29th from 8am to 10pm

St. Sava Serbian Orthodox Church
Merrillville, IN

9191 Mississippi St,
Merrillville, IN 46410

I'll probably get there between 8:30 and 9. And I will likely only stay until 5 or so.

I don't know if this link will work for you, but here is a post by the organizer with regards to the events and such. It's a small convention. The proceeds beyond cost of hall from entry (I think like $10) goes to a charity to help veterans. Based on the veteran suicides.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/316924...84602814916357

I can't copy and past the events with my phone. Will try with my computer later at home.

Old February 11th, 2020, 10:18 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Link works. Thanks.
Old February 11th, 2020, 12:08 PM
Prickly Cactus

Awesome!

Old February 12th, 2020, 05:00 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Yeah, the core set of Fallout is enough to play with. The only issue, as with any core set for miniatures games, is that you'll find that you will want more options. You can equip the characters differently to add more variety and you don't need a ton of models per side.

That said, I like having more options for list building. Different characters/units can change of how games feel, as besides different stats, there are some cool abilities that are character specific. And certain scenarios may also require more lockpicking or computer hacking the firepower.

I have a lot of the survivors/settlers models, as well as Super Mutants, Brotherhood of Steel and more recently, a bunch of Raiders. I've also got Radscorpions, and Radroaches. 3 Assaultrons, 2 Protectrons, a Sentry Bot and Eyebot round out my robots.

There are also the machine gun turrets and laser turrets. There are even rules for vehicles and having them explode.

Lots of cool stuff.

I'm almost done painting my 2nd set of Imperial Scouts. Should be getting my Imperial and Rebel unit upgrade sets soon, as well as operative Luke and Vader, and the Escape Pod set with R2D2 and C3PO.

While I don't get to play Legion near as much as you do @TREX , I do enjoy painting the models.

I've been playing a lot of Marvel Champions LCG, about 55 games in so far. Eating away at my hobby time I am also running a demo of Fallout Wasteland Warfare at a local convention at the end of the month, so I've been working on playtesting a scenario for it.
Been getting super excited for the latest releases of legion. They are switching to the hard plastic sprues for all their new stuff. While it looks pretty nice, the prices are jumping up quite a bit. I still plan on buying at least one box of each set, I'll for sure be supplementing it with models off my printer. I have pretty big armies of all 4 factions now. I need to do another big batch painting to knock them out in anticipation of new stuff coming out. The Arc Troopers they just showed are hands down some of my favorite characters in the star wars universe. I plan on investing in a decent amount of resin once I get regularly printing. Its cool that your gaming thing is supporting veterans with the proceeds. Its great to see what stuff you have going on with fallout. I've been trying to prioritize what I paint first by what game is getting played the most. I had started painting more of my Zombicide Models, but my brother and brother in law started showing a ton more interest in Legion. So that is priority one right now. Too much fun stuff to be had for sure. I think I may start putting pictures of all my different paint jobs and battlefields into a thread and linking it to this one. Should be fun.
Here are some links to the new stuff.
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e.../to-the-limit/

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...pecial-agents/

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 12th, 2020, 06:30 PM
Prickly Cactus

Yeah, I noticed that the prices went up for the hard plastic. It should be better quality with regards to detail, as hard plastic should allow more detail on the mini. Works out that I didn't get into the Clone Wars stuff, as that would be a lot more expensive and labor intensive for a game I rarely get to play lately. That's why I invested the time and money into Fallout, as I can play that whenever.

I should be getting Perilous Dark for Frostgrave, as well as a few units for Legion on Saturday when I go to my buddy's house to play DnD. He gets me good prices on stuff, but it just takes longer to get.

The new stuff for Clone Wars looks nice. Some people on the Legion Facebook page weren't happy with Padme, but some were.

It makes sense for you to prioritize painting based on what you play more. I was hitting Fallout hard for a while because I was playing it, but I fell so far behind with Legion stuff, that I figured I better hit that for awhile.

I've been interested in RPGs lately for some reason. I'm going to back the kickstarter for the Altered Carbon RPG, as I love that series on Netflix. A guy I know through my buddy Chris is also backing it. He's in Chicago, about an hour away, but hopefully I can get that game played.

I also just ordered from Amazon, an RPG called Blades in the Dark. It's set in a fictional city based on Victorian London and is steampunk mixed with fantasy elements. It's a crowded and crime ridden city, and the characters in the game are various archetypes of criminals. They do various criminal jobs to build up reputation and money, but it brings more heat on them. The interesting thing about it is that you don't plan too much ahead of time. You get into your situations without much plan, and when things happen or go wrong, you can do a flashback to tell the GM what you did previously to account for the current issue. You do tests and can pass or have various degrees of failure. But it can be like the Ocean 11 movies where flashbacks tell part of the story and allow for some interesting creativity.

Old February 12th, 2020, 06:37 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that the prices went up for the hard plastic. It should be better quality with regards to detail, as hard plastic should allow more detail on the mini. Works out that I didn't get into the Clone Wars stuff, as that would be a lot more expensive and labor intensive for a game I rarely get to play lately. That's why I invested the time and money into Fallout, as I can play that whenever.

I should be getting Perilous Dark for Frostgrave, as well as a few units for Legion on Saturday when I go to my buddy's house to play DnD. He gets me good prices on stuff, but it just takes longer to get.

The new stuff for Clone Wars looks nice. Some people on the Legion Facebook page weren't happy with Padme, but some were.

It makes sense for you to prioritize painting based on what you play more. I was hitting Fallout hard for a while because I was playing it, but I fell so far behind with Legion stuff, that I figured I better hit that for awhile.

I've been interested in RPGs lately for some reason. I'm going to back the kickstarter for the Altered Carbon RPG, as I love that series on Netflix. A guy I know through my buddy Chris is also backing it. He's in Chicago, about an hour away, but hopefully I can get that game played.

I also just ordered from Amazon, an RPG called Blades in the Dark. It's set in a fictional city based on Victorian London and is steampunk mixed with fantasy elements. It's a crowded and crime ridden city, and the characters in the game are various archetypes of criminals. They do various criminal jobs to build up reputation and money, but it brings more heat on them. The interesting thing about it is that you don't plan too much ahead of time. You get into your situations without much plan, and when things happen or go wrong, you can do a flashback to tell the GM what you did previously to account for the current issue. You do tests and can pass or have various degrees of failure. But it can be like the Ocean 11 movies where flashbacks tell part of the story and allow for some interesting creativity.
That sounds like a lot of fun. I've always wanted to get into RPG's and DnD but don't really have a group for it. I've always been a big Star Wars Nerd, so Legion is right up my alley. I've played a ton of Fallout and really love its setting. Just haven't got to it yet. You know how it goes. Too many games and not enough time. I'm working on trying to thin mine out a little bit. Like I said before. Getting the advanced skirmish rules for Walking dead is something I would like, as it addresses any of the little urks I've had playing it. Altogether its great though, but its nice to know they put a little more into it to fine tune it even better. I have all the walking dead that I own painted anyway. I'd also like to get my Zombicide painted before I get the new kickstarter I backed last fall.

Old February 12th, 2020, 08:40 PM
Prickly Cactus

You have your hands full @TREX . Lots of Legion, and I imagine you have a bit of Zombicide too.

There is a Star Wars rpg from FFG. My buddy Brian has the various books and had a group playing for a little bit, but then it git too hard to get people together to keep it going. I would have loved to have gotten into that, but didn't have time then. So now at least I was able to get into his DnD group.

For that convention that I'm demoing Fallout at, I'm donating my Guild Ball Kickoff set, with both teams painted, plus a 3x3 neoprene mat made for the game. I'm donating it as prize support that the organizer can use how he wants. Usually they have raffle tickets you can buy there and they call numbers every so often and people can pick their prize from a table. When I demoed The Walking Dead All Out War there a couple years ago, I won Rumbleslam from that raffle. A year before that at a fund raiser at a game store near Chicago, I demoed Frostgrave and won The Walking Dead All Out War and some terrain from a raffle. Been lucky.

Old February 13th, 2020, 11:58 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
You have your hands full @TREX . Lots of Legion, and I imagine you have a bit of Zombicide too.

There is a Star Wars rpg from FFG. My buddy Brian has the various books and had a group playing for a little bit, but then it git too hard to get people together to keep it going. I would have loved to have gotten into that, but didn't have time then. So now at least I was able to get into his DnD group.

For that convention that I'm demoing Fallout at, I'm donating my Guild Ball Kickoff set, with both teams painted, plus a 3x3 neoprene mat made for the game. I'm donating it as prize support that the organizer can use how he wants. Usually they have raffle tickets you can buy there and they call numbers every so often and people can pick their prize from a table. When I demoed The Walking Dead All Out War there a couple years ago, I won Rumbleslam from that raffle. A year before that at a fund raiser at a game store near Chicago, I demoed Frostgrave and won The Walking Dead All Out War and some terrain from a raffle. Been lucky.
If everything goes right Ill have all the stuff on my painting table finished this weekend. Despite it being Valentines day tomorrow, my wife is going to go up to her sisters to hang out for the weekend before I get off work. That leaves me to catch up on hobbywork. Ive got 6 full squads of clones and 6 full squads of B1 droids to paint along with 12 droideka models, three barc speeders, grievous, obi wan, a republic repulsor tank, a rebel command upgrade, a rebel trooper upgrade, and some additional 3d printed rebel upgrade figures. We will see how well my speed painting skills are. I still have 1 core box to assemble. Arent you an Imperial player hahma? Whats your favorite unit? Id say death troopers are my favorite. They just have so many options. I just sent a text to my brother and brother in law to see what unit they want to play next out of the list of expansions I dont have yet.

Old February 15th, 2020, 10:24 AM
Prickly Cactus

That's quite the ambitious plan of painting. I stick to a little bit at a time, as even if I had the weekend alone to do it, I couldn't stay focused enough to do that much painting. As it is, I have been playtesting my Fallout scenario that I'm going to demo, doing some painting, playing Marvel Champions, watching season 1 of Altered Carbon again in anticipation of season 2 coming out soon, and keep watching Star Wars Rebels.

In fact, I am heading out in a couple hours to go to my buddy Brian's house to play DnD. Can't wait to smash some stuff in bear form with my dwarf Druid. Though, I have been known to get into rat or cat form for some spying and info gathering.

I did finish my 2nd unit of Imperial Scouts for Star Wars Legion.

I went with a green and black scheme for more of a jungle and forest theme. 1st unit was standard white and black.

Both scouts units

Also, I finally got around to making a piece of terrain for this Tie Fighter model that a friend gave me a while back.

I didn't glue down the Tie, as I want to have the option to use the piece in other games.

Old February 15th, 2020, 10:28 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures