Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Notices

Old August 18th, 2019, 07:55 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?
PAX Unplugged - Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)

Anyone planning on running anything here? I happen to be coming out for a couple other games, but figured I'd ask since it is a tabletop-centric convention.
Old August 18th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: PAX Unplugged - Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)

We haven't in the past, but you are right that it's something that could conceivably happen.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 19th, 2019, 11:44 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

We went to Pax Unplugged last year. We were not impressed and will not be going back, even though the convention is only a four hour drive. Here were the things we did not like:
1. Insufficient number of metal detectors that resulted in one hour wait to get in at some entrances on Saturday morning.
2. Extremely overpriced concessions ($8 for a slice of pizza, $6 for a soda. All other items similarly overpriced.) You could leave for food, but then you had to come back in through the metal detectors.
3. Insufficient gaming space for amount of attendees. Upstairs gaming area (open play area) was extremely overcrowded, hot and loud.
4. Half of gaming space and most of the tournaments were in the basement of the convention center. It was like playing in an unfinished basement. Ugliest convention center I have ever seen.
All in all very disappointing and poorly run convention.

On the plus side, downtown Philadelphia was great. We got in on Thursday afternoon and walked around, saw the Liberty Bell, etc. Had a great Chinese meal in Chinatown.
Old August 21st, 2019, 08:45 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Good to know. I'm going to be there anyways, so i hope they've streamlined it a bit. I guess it's a brand new convention and they're still working out the kinks. I'll let you know how it is this year.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 06:00 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!

Hopefully it runs better this year. If so, we will consider going back.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 11:14 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Are PAX tickets usually pretty cheap?

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 01:59 PM

$70 for a three day badge.
Old August 22nd, 2019, 02:04 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That's steeper than I would have expected. Do you get stuff? I know you don't get stuff at GenCon, but that's a whole other level. And you're paying about the same per day.

= =
Old August 22nd, 2019, 03:11 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Thank goodness for sleeping bags

Hmm... sleeping in a minivan could work then.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 23rd, 2019, 03:40 PM

You don't get anything. It felt like they were really trying to make money. There were way too many people for the amount of gaming space. I understand profit motive, but other cons are not run that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
That's steeper than I would have expected. Do you get stuff? I know you don't get stuff at GenCon, but that's a whole other level. And you're paying about the same per day.
Old August 23rd, 2019, 04:14 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ouch. Not for me. Kind of a shame, because it's not far away, but I have other things to keep me busy.

= =
Old January 7th, 2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumovanis View Post
Good to know. I'm going to be there anyways, so i hope they've streamlined it a bit. I guess it's a brand new convention and they're still working out the kinks. I'll let you know how it is this year.
Did you end up going to PAX Unplugged? If so, what did you think?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events