Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 3rd, 2014, 09:58 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Shadow Cavern Dungeon Master Armies

Not sure if this should be in the 'Competitive Armies' section, since its not about tournament armies, but still:

I plan on giving Shadow Cavern a try in the near future with three friends, with me being the DM.
For Reference, here's the .pdf of the scenario (which currently has 666 downloads... how ominous).
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...o=file&id=3719

So, naturally, my goal is to put up a strong fight against the heroes that would disturb Valkrill's Wellspring.

Here's the limitations for each room:
(Each room is 400 points, 12 hexes))
Each room has 1 unit that is required.
I'm going to take a slight liberty with my armies. Since the story is about Valkrill, all of his units can go in my army (in the .pdf it suggests only Utgar units until the final encounter).

#1: (Entrance), low ceiling hurts flyers (but not stealth flyers)
Utgar Only, 12 hexes
Shurrak (160 pts) (REQUIRED)

Gotta deal some hurt right away... I was thinking maybe some other big guy, like Krug, Moltenclaw, a Hydra (or 2), Othkurik or Mimring... Maybe even Cyprien and Sonya.
Otherwise, to get the DnD theme going, I could do 2 squads of Drow and Pelloth.

#2: Shadow Lake:
Werewolf Lord (140) REQUIRED
Wolves of Badrux2 (160)
100 points left...

^With Werewolf lord automatically there, he really likes the Badru wolves on his side. I'm wondering if I should only do one squad of Badru, and throw in an extra Werewolf Lord, for a better chance of controlling enemy lycanthropes, but regardless, there's still a few points to fill.

#3: Valkrills Wellspring:
100 Mind Flayer Mastermind (100) REQUIRED

Maybe this would be a good time to feature some Valkrill squads.
2 death knights + Sir Hawthorne is 210, which leaves 90 points. Ne-Gok-Sa could be a nice tank to finish that off (and complement the Mind Flayer's ability).

#4: Goblin Hill
Goblin Cutters x2 (100), [One Squad REQUIRED]
Horned Skull Brutes x2 (150)
But that still leaves me with 150 points left... 3 squads of Marro Dividers, a Frost Giant, Grimnak, Mimring?

#5 Forked Exit: (Utgar, Valkrill and Vydar permitted here)
Mika Connour (110) REQUIRED
Iron Golem (100) REQUIRED
Q9 (180)
Isamu/Otonashi (10)

I'm thinking an all-Vydar final battle
Q9 is wonderful anywhere. If I use Isamu in any other level, I wouldn't want to use him here, as unique units should stay dead from room to room. Its a pity Braxas doesn't fit here.

So, Any ideas? Have any of you tried this scenario? When posting army suggestions, feel free to include any number of a common (even if I mentioned that I only have X already), it could be useful for anyone searching this site for ideas in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion