Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old October 4th, 2008, 01:36 PM

Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker Einar Gen. knows what's in an order marker
Re: Unit Strategy Review: How to use Kozuke Samurai

For me, I prefer using them as 2nd wave troops, or sometimes as shock troops. Send them in ahead of the main force, open gaps for my tagawa and Izumi, and then survive as long as they can! One thing that I like about these though, is that they almost always kill their worth in points.
Old October 10th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I have year old Heroscape news!

darkclown789 has disabled reputation

Hey check this out...

Totally a suckish army but it would be fun to play...

Kozuke - 100
Raelin - 80
All 3 Vikings - 190
HatoMato Taroface - 130

500 on the nose. Now you can't do ANYTHING except them but it would be funny to use a squad with 9 movement, 6 attack, 6 defence, and a 50% shield block.

"I don't suffer from insanity I enjoy every minute of it." --Unknown
Old October 19th, 2008, 05:49 PM

braxattack371 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

i use them with airborne elite and that ice dragon i forgot the name of and i win all the time.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 01:19 AM

GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby! GreenLanturn rolls all skulls baby!

The Kozoke are by far my favorite Samurai. I have Kato but i have never used him... *realizing that this is the Kozoke thread*... I'll be hitting the Kato thread after this.

I have a question about their charging assault ability. I'm going to write the whole ability out so we can all read it: "Any or all Kozuke Samurai may add 3 to their Move number as long as they are unengaged prior to moving. Kozuke Samurai must be able to move adjacent to an opponent’s figure in order to use Charging Assault."

I interpreted this as meaning if they can move adjacent they don't have to move adjacent. Also I'm assuming that you can use the ability if the nearest enemy figure is 9 away. But it says they must be able to move adjacent to an enemy figure "in order to use" charging assault. Meaning prior to using the ability? Which would mean that in order to use this skill an enemy would have to be a maximum of 6 spaces away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkclown789 View Post
HatoMato Taroface - 130

In forest dark or glade beferned
No blade of grass shall go unturned
Let those who have the daylight spurned
Tread not where this green lamp has burned.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 10:49 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth

From the Book of Kozuke Samurai:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book of Kozuke Samurai
-Rulings and Clarifications-
- CHARGING ASSAULT : Bonus Movement Using Charging Assault
When using Charging Assault, can the Samurai’s movement be enhanced by anything like roads, or auras to increase
the amount of spaces it can move?
Yes. This ability is enhancing the base movement of the card, which may also be enhanced by things like Glyphs, Auras,
or special terrain. (Hasbro FAQ)

- CHARGING ASSAULT : Ending Turn Adjacent to Opponent
If I use Charging Assault and am able to move adjacent to an enemy figure, can I still move +3 spaces if I don’t end adjacent
to that enemy?
In order to use Charging Assault, you MUST end your turn adjacent to an opponent. (Hasbro Customer Service)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLanturn View Post
But it says they must be able to move adjacent to an enemy figure "in order to use" charging assault. Meaning prior to using the ability? Which would mean that in order to use this skill an enemy would have to be a maximum of 6 spaces away.
It isn't prior to using the ability. If you can't get adjacent with the standard move value plus any bonuses plus the Charging Assault bonus, then you can't use the + 3 for Charging Assault.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by Rÿchean; October 23rd, 2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old March 9th, 2009, 01:29 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

In the units to avoid section, there are two very expensive units, Jotun and Nilfheim. While it is true that they with both lay waste to the Kozuke, if the Kozuke can get first strike, they are very likely to make their points.

Of course, the question is, can you afford to exchange their lives for their cost in the opponent's blood markers? Sometimes so, sometimes not.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old January 29th, 2010, 04:53 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
The main point I would I think we missed in reviewing this guide is that the Kozuke could be saved as cleanup or midgame units, ready to charge out from the relative safety of the start zone only when A) the enemy is close enough for the Kozuke to reach them in one or two order markers and B) the enemy has (hopefully) been thinned out enough to offer the Kozuke some protection from the threat of being killed before they can strike.
Also, if used late, they are more likely to have attained Thorgrim's Spirit, as in:

120 Kaemon
100 Kozuke
80 Thorgrim
80 Raelin
80 Deathreavers x 2
40 Theracus
Old March 11th, 2010, 08:26 PM

Marro Divider #4 is surprisingly tart

I've always wanted to get the kozukes, but I think that they are overshadowed by the tagawas. The tagawas are the obvious choice, or when people need a cheap fig-defender, they choose the izumi's. I think these are the best choice because of their common status. imagine a bunch of kozukes in an army with raelin and a few squads of 4th mass or 10th reggies. they would charge out, go for the heroes, and wound them bad before getting decimated, then the raelin/range would deliver the final blows on hight, and take out squads. maybe throw in a nice hero, like q9, and have fun!

Tournament record 3-0

Check out my Customs
Old March 11th, 2010, 08:31 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro Divider #4 View Post
I've always wanted to get the kozukes, but I think that they are overshadowed by the tagawas. The tagawas are the obvious choice, or when people need a cheap fig-defender, they choose the izumi's. I think these are the best choice because of their common status. imagine a bunch of kozukes in an army with raelin and a few squads of 4th mass or 10th reggies. they would charge out, go for the heroes, and wound them bad before getting decimated, then the raelin/range would deliver the final blows on hight, and take out squads. maybe throw in a nice hero, like q9, and have fun!
None of the melee samurai squads are common.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old March 11th, 2010, 08:48 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marro Divider #4 View Post
None of the melee samurai squads are common.
I always thought this was a shame, I know many people would be happy if the Izumi were common.

I just ordered these guys from Auggies, I can't wait until they arrive.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles