Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old May 9th, 2015, 12:49 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
The Book of Tomb Skeleton Archers

The Book of Tomb Skeleton Archers

C3V Wave 6 - Crevcor's Commission - Warriors of Elswind Forest

Printer-Friendly PDF here.
Basic Side :
Spoiler Alert!

One of the figures used is the Skeletal Archer from the Legendary Encounters set of Reaper Miniatures.

The second figure used is a D&D Miniatures figure from the Angelfire set. Its model name and number are #50 Skeletal Archer

Character Bio: The clacking of bones signals the presence of animated skeletons deep in the crypt. But far before they come into view, deadly shafts rain down from Valkrill's newest minions: the Tomb Skeletons are now backed up by a shambling horde of Tomb Skeleton Archers.

Quote:
SHAMBLING HORDE
You may move up to 4 Tomb Skeleton Archers you control each turn. If more than 2 of the Tomb Skeleton Archers move this turn, no Tomb Skeleton Archers may attack. If none of the Tomb Skeleton Archers move this turn, you may attack with up to 4 Tomb Skeleton Archers you control.

CLEAR SHOT
When attacking a figure that is not engaged, a Tomb Skeleton Archer rolls 1 additional attack die.

SKELETAL FORM
When rolling defense dice against an attack from a figure with a range number of 4 or more that is not a Cleric or Wizard, a Tomb Skeleton Archer adds 1 die.

-Rulings and Clarifications-_________________________________________________________________
-Combinations and Synergies-

Synergy Benefits Offered
N/A

Synergy Benefits Received

WARDEN 816 : Guard Leadership
As guards, Tomb Skeleton Archers may benefit from Warden 816's GUARD LEADERSHIP movement bonus.

ZOMBIE HULK : Paralyzing Fear
As Undead figures, Tomb Skeleton Archers may be aided by Zombie Hulks's PARALYZING FEAR special ability

Synergy Imposed

ANA KARITHON : Turn Undead Special Attack
As Undead figures, Tomb Skeleton Archers are subject to Ana Karithon’s TURN UNDEAD SPECIAL ATTACK

VAN NESSING : Divine Mission
As Undead figures, Tomb Skeleton Archers are subject to Van Nessing’s +2 attack die when Van Nessing takes another turn using DIVINE MISSION.

CLERICS & WIZARDS : Skeletal Form
The Tomb Skeleton Archers cannot receive their defense bonus from SKELETAL FORM against Clerics & Wizards with a range of 4 or more. Current Clerics and Wizards with a range of 4 or more include:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
- TBA

Power Ranking & Master Index
Same price, same attack/defense, and same potential 4 attacks at range 7 as Blastatrons. Their figure movement and attack boosts are less impressive, though. Skeletal form cements them as an anti-range ranged squad. B-

Unit Strategy Review- TBA

Last edited by superfrog; February 17th, 2020 at 12:35 PM.
Old May 9th, 2015, 03:58 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Tomb Skeleton Archers

I like these guys a lot, but it's just weird how much they don't synergize with the Tomb Skeletons. In fact, if anything they're counter-synergetic since Clear Shot clashes with Flanking. Strange.

~TAF

P.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
Quote:
SHAMBLING HORDE
You may move up to 4 Tomb Skeleton Archers you control each turn. If more than 2 of the Tomb Skeleton Archers move this turn, no Tomb Skeleton Archers may attack. If none of the Tomb Skeleton Archers move this turn, you may attack with up to 4 Tomb Skeleton Archers you control.

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old May 9th, 2015, 04:03 AM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Undead to Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I like these guys a lot, but it's just weird how much they don't synergize with the Tomb Skeletons. In fact, if anything they're counter-synergetic since Clear Shot clashes with Flanking. Strange.

~TAF
Well Skeletons aren't exactly known for being super organized without someone commanding them. Also worth noting that the original TSA also have no synergy with their non ranged counterparts. I never found it weird while playtesting them.

That said, having filled this out I do find it weird that Clear Shot specifies one additional attack die but Skeletal Form doesn't specify one additional defense die just one additional die. @Scytale , @Xotli , do either of you know why that might be the case? (I mean precedent with the Tomb Skeletons would be my first guess)

~Dysole, who admits these guys play like nothing else I've ever played with
Old May 9th, 2015, 06:30 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Undead to Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
That said, having filled this out I do find it weird that Clear Shot specifies one additional attack die but Skeletal Form doesn't specify one additional defense die just one additional die. @Scytale , @Xotli , do either of you know why that might be the case? (I mean precedent with the Tomb Skeletons would be my first guess)
Well, one answer to your question is that there were several different precedents we could have gone with, and Melee Defense (as on the Gladiatrons and Major X17, although note that this is slightly different from the Redcoats) was the one we chose. But I think that, since you chose to contrast Clear Shot with Skeletal Form, the real answer is the grammatical one. Skeletal Form starts with "When rolling defense dice" ... IOW, the dice have already been identified, and so it's okay in the second reference to just say "add 1 die." However, Clear Shot (which is structurally similar to Homing Device and Zettian Targeting) starts with "When attacking": the dice aren't mentioned there, so the reference at the end is the only one, thus necessitating "add 1 attack die."

Does that help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old May 9th, 2015, 02:14 PM

Grammar and Grandpar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Does that help?
Yes. Thanks.

~Dysole, appreciatively
Old May 9th, 2015, 09:11 AM

Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death! Just_a_Bill is hot lava death!

I'm updating my spreadsheet and would like to know what planet they're from (the basic side of the card says "Valkrill" where a planet name should be).

Good traders: tdemirji, AbsintheAddict, Blubberguy22, Toa Matoro, SuperSamyon, Bl1ndsn1per, Ericth74,
Clipper423, Oh Freek, Nikkomon, DarthBaggins, quizzcode, Astroking112 & more on my trade list
Old May 11th, 2015, 02:47 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'd like to see a necromancer hero that could control tomb skeletons and tomb skeleton archers.
Old May 15th, 2015, 02:13 AM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
I'd like to see a necromancer hero that could control tomb skeletons and tomb skeleton archers.
Old May 15th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
Far from official, (plus I have neither Tomb Skeletons nor Tomb Skeleton Archers right now), but I just picked up this guy made by @aquamaniac27 for my brother - just arrived this morning in fact. Looks pretty cool to me.

~ Lazy Orang, now having a necromancer for Utgar and wanting a lich for Valkril.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 15th, 2015, 03:31 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

"You may take a turn with an two Undead common squads..."?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
~ Lazy Orang, now having a necromancer for Utgar and wanting a lich for Valkril.
Is this Lichy enough for you?

Spoiler Alert!

I'm sure we'll see a Necromancer hero soon enough in SoV or C3V, depending on how much the higher-ups think we'll need one.

~TAF

Old May 15th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Yep - sounded OP to me when I first read it, but thinking about it, he's 200 points, has no combat value and it's not really much worse than Kato (though he can let you move 12 Zombies per Order Marker - but that's pretty much your whole army).

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 15th, 2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Yep - sounded OP to me when I first read it, but thinking about it, he's 200 points, has no combat value and it's not really much worse than Kato (though he can let you move 12 Zombies per Order Marker - but that's pretty much your whole army).
No--it's a typo on the power. Check again. "An" is not required when referring to multiples.

~TAF

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs