Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 10th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
The Book of Tiger Shark

The Book of Tiger Shark

C3G MARVEL WAVE 17
ANTAGONISTS ASSEMBLE

Comic PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Incredible Hulk set.
Its model number and name are #033 / Tiger Shark.
Character Bio - Todd Arliss was an Olympic swimmer that had gotten his spinal chord damaged when he rescued a drowning man. To be able to swim again he volunteered for an experimental procedure by the scientist Doctor Dorcus. Doctor Dorcus cured Arliss by blending his DNA with that of Namor. The experiment changed Arliss and now he had gills and razor-sharp teeth. His personality changed as well and he became predatory and savage. He became a villain and called himself Tiger Shark. For years, Tiger Shark and Namor have been enemies.

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:
  • As a Mutate, Tiger Shark has these Mutate Synergies.
  • As a figure with the Savage personality, Tiger Shark has these Savage Synergies.
  • As a figure with a special power benefitting from water tiles, Tiger Shark can benefit from water tiles being placed by one of these figures.
Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
3 January 2021 - Water Leap wording update

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon

Last edited by Splash; August 6th, 2022 at 12:15 AM. Reason: png
Old March 10th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Tiger Shark - Design Phase

NAME = TIGER SHARK
SECRET IDENTITY = TODD ARLISS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PREDATOR
PEROSNALITY = SAVAGE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 6

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 240

WATER STRENGTH 1
Tiger Shark does not stop his movement when entering a water space. Add 1 die to Tiger Shark's attack and defense while he is on a water space.

WATER LEAP 10
If Tiger Shark ends his normal movement on a water space, he may move up to 3 spaces with Water Leap. When moving with Water Leap, Tiger Shark has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 10 levels in a single leap and will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

WATER SUIT
If Tiger Shark has 3 or more Wound Markers on this card and is not occupying a water space, subtract 2 from his Attack and Defense numbers.

SUPER STRENGTH

Last edited by tcglkn; December 28th, 2020 at 11:22 PM.
Old March 10th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Prickly Cactus

Mini Pix:

Comic Image (not much of a selection)

Background Images:

Last edited by Hahma; March 18th, 2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old March 10th, 2012, 02:06 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For simplicity's sake, how about:

WATER SUIT
While there are 3 or more Wound Markers on this card, subtract 1 from Tiger Shark's Attack and Defense numbers for each Wound Marker on this card if he is not on a water space.

So he holds up for a bit on land, but rough him (and his suit) up too much and he's not really so tough.

EDIT: Not knowing the character other than what I read on wikipedia, I also wonder if Criminal is a good fit. Maybe Predator? Even Psycopath?

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old March 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Cool design, and I love the mini. Also, that comic image is sick!

I wonder if adding a line in about a maximum of Rip markers wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old March 10th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post

WATER SUIT
While there are 3 or more Wound Markers on this card, subtract 1 from Tiger Shark's Attack and Defense numbers for each Wound Marker on this card if he is not on a water space.

So he holds up for a bit on land, but rough him (and his suit) up too much and he's not really so tough.
I like that suggestion to make it a bit less variable. As it is, the roll for the Ripped Marker is low enough that I don't think it'll come into play all that often, and 230 will be a bit low for him given his stats.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 10th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:

WATER SUIT

EDIT: Not knowing the character other than what I read on wikipedia, I also wonder if Criminal is a good fit. Maybe Predator? Even Psycopath?

Well the idea for the ripped marker is that his costume has a water circulating system in it that keeps him wet and in peak physical condition as if he were in the water. I don't think there should be a digression in his stats based on his wounds because once his suit is damaged and leaking water, he won't keep as wet or wet at all if the mechanical system is damaged. So that's why the -2 to attack and defense once it's "ripped" and he shouldn't get any weaker based on wounds.

Regarding being a Criminal or not, I went off his occupation on Marvel Comic Database and affiliation with the Masters of Evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Cool design, and I love the mini. Also, that comic image is sick!

I wonder if adding a line in about a maximum of Rip markers wouldn't be a bad idea.
Thanks and yeah, as soon as I saw the mini I had to get it and draft him. I had been disappointed that there wasn't a mini for him before. I'm glad there was that comic image because there wasn't much else good to match the era and mini version I wanted.

Regarding the Ripped markers:

Quote:
WATER SUIT
At the end of any turn in which Tiger Shark received 1 or more wounds, if there isn't a Ripped Marker on this card, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 4 or less, place a Ripped Marker on this card. Anytime there is a Ripped Marker on this card and Tiger Shark is not occupying a water space, you must subtract 2 from his Attack and Defense Numbers.
He should only be able to have 1 Ripped Marker. The suit is damaged or it isn't, so extra damage to it shouldn't really matter. He's still pretty tough outside of water or without water suit working, but not nearly as tough as when in contact with water. -2 to attack and defense is pretty big so he will want to stay in water to get the extra defense die until he needs to do his thing and then there is still plenty of chance that his suit won't get damaged and he'll be tough.

I just wanted to represent the suit well enough and offer a risk for him to come out and play, but not make it too huge of a risk to make him swingy. The d20 roll can be tweaked if need be during testing.

Old March 10th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:

WATER SUIT

I like that suggestion to make it a bit less variable. As it is, the roll for the Ripped Marker is low enough that I don't think it'll come into play all that often, and 230 will be a bit low for him given his stats.
As I mentioned above, I don't see how having -5 to his attack and defense when he has 5 wounds represents his water suit being damaged. He's still pretty badass w/o being in contact with water but just not as badass. And yeah, like other water types he can get a lot weaker when out of water for an extended time but like other water types, we didn't represent a severe decline in stats based on time out of water because the time represented by the combat during a game, isn't an extended period of time really.

Also, the d20 roll can be adjusted to be less variable. But if the consensus by the group is for a non-marker way to go, I'm fine with it, but I wouldn't be fine with a digression in stats based on wounds. He shouldn't wilt like a flower. Either his suit is damaged or it isn't, but he shouldn't go from super badass to super pvssy because of a few wounds.

Old March 10th, 2012, 02:58 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ok, good point. Another thing to consider is whether he should be able to have his suit 'ripped' while he is on a water space. It would be kinda sucky to be camping him on a water space with a late-round OM, then have an opponent snipe him and rip his suit before he even gets out of the water.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old March 10th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Life of 6 and Defense of 7 is gonna be hard to just "snipe", especially while on water.

This guy's points may go up.
Old March 10th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:

WATER SUIT

As I mentioned above, I don't see how having -5 to his attack and defense when he has 5 wounds represents his water suit being damaged. He's still pretty badass w/o being in contact with water but just not as badass. And yeah, like other water types he can get a lot weaker when out of water for an extended time but like other water types, we didn't represent a severe decline in stats based on time out of water because the time represented by the combat during a game, isn't an extended period of time really.

Also, the d20 roll can be adjusted to be less variable. But if the consensus by the group is for a non-marker way to go, I'm fine with it, but I wouldn't be fine with a digression in stats based on wounds. He shouldn't wilt like a flower. Either his suit is damaged or it isn't, but he shouldn't go from super badass to super pvssy because of a few wounds.
I more meant that if he had 3+ wounds you would subtract 2 from his attack and defense (so he'd be a static 7/7 or a static 5/5 depending on wounds). I figured if he got that many wounds, his suit would be damaged, so that could sell the theme. It'd be the same stats deduction as you have in the current write up, so hopefully it wouldn't mean he was turning into a wimp at that point (5/5 isn't bad).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Life of 6 and Defense of 7 is gonna be hard to just "snipe", especially while on water.

This guy's points may go up.
Yeah, I was thinking that too. Those stats are nasty.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 10th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Prickly Cactus

Well I originally had Water Stealth instead of Water Strength, but when I showed it to Bats he said he'd rather have Water Strength, so I went with that.

Quote:
WATER STEALTH
Tiger Shark does not stop his movement when entering water spaces. While on a water space, Tiger Shark may not be targeted by a non-adjacent attack.
This wouldn't have made him as nasty in the water as his attack and defense would be the same as his base stats, though he couldn't be sniped because he is supposed to be prowling under the water. To make that less nasty vs. range, it could maybe only work against normal non-adjacent attacks. Though Submariner can't be attacked from ranged attacks while in water and that's not a huge deal. Or we could just leave Water Strength. But I just wanted to show what I originally had to go with the rest of the write-up.

I guess I didn't know what you meant Bats as the wound trigger mentioned by Margloth was for each wound on his card once he got to 3, so it was going down hill really quick for him.

The wound thing can be fine, but if he gets wound markers removed from his card how does that affect things if he falls below 3 wounds? Does is water suit miraculously get repaired when he's healed? I'm just trying to think of some possible situations that may come with that.

Stats can be adjusted for sure if they are too nasty. I wouldn't want him at or above Namor's range. But look how nasty Aquaman is for 230 and he has healing and a nasty ranged attack while in water.

Anyway, I have to go. Going for a walk with the wife and kids. Though I know you guys would like me to take a long walk off a short pier

Last edited by Hahma; March 10th, 2012 at 05:59 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library