Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 19th, 2006, 10:54 AM

gorillanator has disabled reputation
flying character on road

Does a flying character get +3 movement on road?

I checked the rules and didn't see anything about them not being able to get it, but I thought, why would a flying character get extra movement on road because they don't actually touch the road they fly over it.

Violence is not the answer.

Make peace!
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:55 AM

daevablacc has disabled reputation
They only get the movement bonus if they choose not to fly that turn. (coz otherwise they aren't really ON the road)
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:56 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i always played that they do not get the move if the fly, but the only situations it actually applied to me, i tested to see where walking would get me, and the where walking with the bonus 3 move would put me, and they both ended in the same space.....wtf?
Old May 19th, 2006, 11:05 AM

SyvarrisX has disabled reputation
I say if you fly then the road dosen't count. YOu may choose to walk though if you want.

This is a signature. This signature says that this is a signature. This signature is a waste of a signature!

-Syv
Old May 19th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun
the gory details for flying are buried in the FAQ.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community/faq.php#95

your road question is answered in the last sentence that starts with "On a side note..."
Old May 19th, 2006, 11:30 AM

Mud Turkey 13 is surprisingly tart
Actually flying instead of walking has worked out a couple times for my friends and I. We've made maps with roads going up steep hills where Minions were better off flying up four spaces rather than walking seven spaces on the road.
Old May 27th, 2006, 08:02 PM

StarSlayer has disabled reputation
On open area, or down hill, you really would want to walk instead of flying. but if you have to go up hill, or around something, then you would want to fly.

And yes, that was the rule in the faq, you can choose to walk and gain the bonus movement. but you can't fly and gain bonus.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's