Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old May 16th, 2006, 05:14 PM

gorillanator has disabled reputation
Krug on bridge

I do not know if I have a defective Krug but for some reason his sword will not allow him to stand flat on a single space wide bridge.

The rules say if your unit can't fit into a space because of terrain you can't move there. (I don't remember which one, but they use Grimnak as an example.)

So can Krug move into the bridge or not, because it would be extremely unfair if Krug could not move onto the bridge and there were two units left on the board, say, Krug and any ranged unit because the unit could stay on the bridge while Krug took a beating with his lowly defense.

Please try this with your bridge and a Krug figure to see if maybe I just have a poorly made set of figures.

Violence is not the answer.

Make peace!
Old May 16th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I believe that he can't. The rules state that pretty clearly, if you can't fit you can't fit
Old May 16th, 2006, 05:20 PM

Did you try it with your piece?

Make peace!
Old May 16th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillanator
Did you try it with your piece?
I've never had Krug on a bridge, but I remember the question being asked before.

He doesn't fit, so he can't go there
Old May 16th, 2006, 05:25 PM

Ok thanks nether you seem to always be there when I ask a question.

Make peace!
Old May 16th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillanator
Ok thanks nether you seem to always be there when I ask a question.
Thats because I have no life. And I am always here...
Old May 16th, 2006, 05:27 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth
This was posted about at HQ....

some peoples' Krugs do fit...some don't

The cleaver on my Krug is a little low for the bridge wall and as a result he doesn't fit flush on the hex.

I am not sure what an official ruling would be as some Krugs don't have this problem and some do.

We let Krug on the bridge at my house.

We usually take this rule on a case by case basis: looking at how much hex coverage you can get and how far down your figure will rest on the hex.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 16th, 2006, 05:32 PM
SoCal League Member

Detrimentalman is surprisingly tart
Why would some fit and others not. Is the figures sword getting bent or were there two different castings. I'm not 100% but I think my krug fits just fine.

I am missing various figures, probably borrowed and never returned. My initials SMT are on the underside of the base on all of my figures, thanks in advance for returning them upon discovery...
Old May 16th, 2006, 05:36 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth Rÿchean is a man of the cloth
It is barely even noticeable...

On my Krug, the base sits about a half a centimeter high on the cleaver side

It is very miniscule; that is why some do and some don’t...

It isn’t a different casting; just a slight variance in characteristics.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old May 16th, 2006, 05:37 PM

gibberish_47 Woo who?
I think the reason why some fit and some don't is warping. For example, all my Romans are standing up, but Nooblar's look a little tipsy.

Old May 16th, 2006, 05:53 PM

Wilkerson74 has disabled reputation
Now I have to run home and check my krug....and I think an option for players whose krug don't fit....remove the side rails from the bridge.
Old May 16th, 2006, 06:18 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
I'd just run - if they're going to play cheaply then beat them at their own game. Most likely Krug's 120 points will beat out whatever points they have stuck on the bridge so just wait til they come down or round 10 when you'll get the TKO.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's