Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:05 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Matt Helm's Customs (4/23) Mighty Thor (and Ka' Harena)

Warrior it is. I like that and never did like "Deity" in that spot. I'll make the edit now before Garada sees it.

His Son of Odin power is my answer to Man of Steel and it is obviously derived from the Sentinels who look like Thor worshipers to me.

Yes I know I have to clean up the Hammer special but I didn't want to make it two special powers. I was trying to keep it simple and say this power is the Hammer, and here's what the hammer can do. I hope you guys can help me there because I want to see him nice enough to go toe to toe with Superman (who I'd root for because I've always liked Supey better).

Last edited by Matt Helm; April 23rd, 2009 at 11:15 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oh, I understood the Hammer special just fine, it's just a matter of making some of the wording sound more official. I just wanted to alert you that it looks like it could use some sharpening (spelling out the name of the special attack in the text of the power, etc. Also, is the "Lightning" part in the text part of the name of the power? If so, it should be in the title of the power). I don't feel like picking through it line by line right now, though, but I'm pretty sure it needs attention. :P

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:20 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Maybe I should split it...

MJOLNR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5
If Mighty Thor is not engaged, Mjolnr Special Attack can only be used against a single nonadjacent figure.

THUNDER GOD SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 1
If Mighty Thor is engaged, Thunder God Special Attack affects all engaged non-friendly figures. Roll four attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:23 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

How about:

MJOLNR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5
If Mighty Thor is not engaged, the Mjolnr Special Attack can only be used against a single figure who is not adjacent.

Range 1. Attack 4
The Thunder God Special Attack affects all non-friendly figures engaged with Mighty Thor. Roll four attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:26 PM
Captain Underpants

I guess I can technically eliminate the "If Mighty Thor is not engaged" wording as it is redundant at that point.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:30 PM

Precisely.

Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:31 PM
Captain Underpants

MIGHTY THOR

ASGARDIAN
UNIQUE HERO
WARRIOR
VALIANT
MEDIUM 5

LIFE: 7
MOVE: 6
RANGE: 1
ATTACK: 7
DEFENSE: 5

MJOLNR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5
Mjolnr Special Attack can only be used against a chosen figure who is not adjacent.

Range 1. Attack 4
The Thunder God Special Attack affects all non-friendly figures engaged with Mighty Thor. Roll four attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately.

SON OF ODIN
When rolling Defense dice, each shield rolled counts as 1 additional block.

FLYING
When counting spaces for Mighty Thor’s movement, ignore elevations. Mighty Thor may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Mighty Thor starts to fly, if he is engaged he will take any leaving engagement attacks.

------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I changed "single" to "chosen".

Last edited by Matt Helm; April 24th, 2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2009, 11:45 PM

Hmm ... actually that bit about a single figure in the Mjolnr special attack makes it sound almost like you can only attack one figure ever. If you could use it to attack more than once in your turn, the power would specify that, so I think you should alter the wording to:

MJOLNR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Attack 5
Mjolnr Special Attack can only be used against figures who are not adjacent.

Or hmm ... maybe you were right before. Does "non adjacent figures" sound better? I can't decide. Any official cards that can help with this that you can think of?

Old April 24th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Captain Underpants

I'm so torn. Part of me still wants to keep the card with the traditional limit of 3 specials. Should I go back to (now updated a bit):

MJOLNR SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1/5. Attack 4/5
If Mighty Thor is engaged, Mjolnr Special Attack affects all engaged non-friendly figures. Roll four attack dice once for all affected figures. Each affected figure rolls defense dice separately. If Mighty Thor is not engaged, Mjolnr Special Attack affects one chosen figure that is not adjacent to Mighty Thor. Roll five attack dice against the chosen figure.

I need my buddy Garada to help me out here (Whitestuff?, GreyOwl?, Griffin?, Balantai?, Mark? Necro? ... we miss you Hi1). Before I make Garada whip up some art for me I'd love to hear more opinions on this special in particular.
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

I am very excited about this custom, Matt. I just got this miniature, yesterday!

I do think that Thor's attack should be 8, though. I believe we rationalized Superman's attack at 7 as though he pulls his punches a bit. I don't think Thor ever pulls punches. (All comparisons to Superman will being put through the NM24 process, currently) I see Superman having more defense than Thor while Thor has the uppper hand with attack. Our current Superman averages 3.5 shields per defense while this Thor averages 3.33. I wouldn't mind seeing Thor's average Defense droped to 3 shields so we could up his attack to 8. What do you think?
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:50 PM

Good thoughts on Thor's attack/defense, Balantai! I agree. Also, you've got to figure Thor's strength is close to Superman's, if not on par, and unlike Supes, he's wielding a BIG FRICKIN HAMMER!

Old April 24th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Captain Underpants

So what do you say to...
Attack up to: 8
Defense down to: 4 (still has the Sentinel double defense)
MJolnr Special: OK with my revised combined wording? I think I was caught up on the adjacent part being visualized as Lightning. I should leave the visualization up to the user as some may perceive it as a massive twirling of the hammer. Either way, I'd like to keep it at 3 specials so I think the combined version works now. Anybody think differently there?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations